Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,760 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi (36300 Views)

Senate Committee Recommends Suspension Of Ndume For 6 Months, Clears Melaye / Withdraw Bribery Allegations Against Amaechi Or Go To Jail–APC Warns Okoro / PDP Commences Committal Proceedings Against Amaechi, Army Chiefs, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
Amaechi is going to be cleared. Just watching it on TVC. Amaechi and blazer. This man knows what fashion is.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by omenka(m): 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
theV0ice:
Very funny cheesy cheesy cheesy
In Chief Wailer's voice: "The Senate just failed the integrity test." Lmao. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by loomer: 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
Just imagine
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by nephemmy(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
Few days from now
The news will be
Amaechi is now the minister for finance tongue grin
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by AkwaIbomrep1: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
In a sudden turn of events, the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public petitions has announced the suspension of the petition against former Rivers governor, Rotimi Amaechi.

Amaechi is one of the 21 ministerial nominees forwarded to the Senate by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Earlier, we reported that Amaechi and another nominee, Amina Ibrahim, appeared before the Senate Committee to respond to the petitions against them ahead of their screening on Tuesday.

Speaking to newsmen on Monday, the committee chairman, Senator Samuel Anyanwu, explained that the decision to step down on the petition brought by Senator George Sekibo (PDP/Rivers State), was reached as a result of a pending suit against the charges on Amaechi.

The former governor is facing stiff opposition from his state government, which has thrown every hurdle on his path to becoming a minister.

The Rivers government is accusing Amaechi of large-scale corruption while in office.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/10/senate-cttee-suspends-petition-against-amaechi.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
we the ppl of the lower Niger Delta want amaeshit blood,he should be stone to death,amaethief deserves to die for looting Rivers dry...in other news...''invest in Akwa ibom ''
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros why dont you wait until Amaechi is confirmed as a nominee before gloating!!! That was how you were celebrating Saraki's removal by the CCT when no such thing was in the offing.

Stop counting your chicks before they are hatched!!

You have time to reply this jobless unemployed bastard called NgeneUkwenu
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by braine(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
Owliver:
NO. it is only the common man like me and you that are bloody losers. not wike. tomorrow dey might be friends again teaming up to suck us dry. their children will rule over our children. their great grand children will rule over our great grand children like it or not. and so it continues

You have a point.
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by razid: 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
I actually wanted to refrain from commenting on this ministerial list brouhaha. Sometimes we forget history so soon. Just like Saraki, Amaechi belongs to the caucus of nPDP in APC. Not only that, have we also forgotten that Saraki handed over the NGF chairmanship to Amaechi. Sometimes before Saraki withdrew from running for the presidency in 2011 PDP primaries, it was rumoured that he wanted to choose Amaechi as his vice.

So I've always laughed when I see people thinking that Saraki's Senate will be the one to turn against Amaechi. How are we sure that Amaechi didn't have a hand in Saraki's senate presidency coming from the same caucus in the party? Therefore, sometimes one need to be wary of interfering in the affairs of these politicians. Aregbesola almost lost his life during his tussle with Oyinlola in Osun State. Right now, the two of them are in the same party and according to some sources, Aregbesola is even in support of him as a ministerial candidate from Osun. My point is we shouldn't stress ourselves much on these politicians. They know how to deal with themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by Rotimi47: 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
Another funny petition bites the dust. Chukwu.......... Where at thou! grin

2 Likes

Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
All these useles Bloggers..... Information Nigeria ko , Informant Niger ni....Udene Ukwu enu (NgeneUkwenu) useless maggot
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by Abeyjide: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
we are just wasting our time arguing on dis issues.all these politicians are same. Ameachi have to scale through inorder for saraki to scale through cct.they are playing games.
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by osothermal(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
When the Goat challenges the Lion to a fight you will know it has eaten the forbidden grass( Cannabis sartiva) ... Samloco 2000
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by Owliver(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
braine:

You have a point.
thanks for seeing that.
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by frankyychiji(f): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
braine:
Who's laughing now?? Wike, PDP, and the Wailers here on Nairaland are bloody losers. grin
You are foolish. You masturbate too early. Its not yet uhuru. Watch out for season 2.
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros why dont you wait until Amaechi is confirmed as a nominee before gloating!!! That was how you were celebrating Saraki's removal by the CCT when no such thing was in the offing.

Wait until he has been nominated, we have waited and he his now nominated!
Wait until he is cleared, he would soon be cleared!
Wait until he is sworn-in, it would happen with or without you
Wailers, continue your wailing, your party is dead forever in Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by akpumping7720(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
I surely believe that Amaechi will scale through. Nigeria politics is 'thief after thief'. Wike is just chasing shadow. His hatred for Amaechi is out of this world. All other successors have allowed their predecessors to rest except Wike. Amaechi is corrupt even Wike is more corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by frankyychiji(f): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
Zanaij:
So Amaechi is off the hook?
Laye Laye!! embarassed
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by lomprico(m): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
A compromise have been reached! Amechi to be let loose for wike to win his election petition. Lets watch n see!
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by Banter1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
To the MODE that baNned me, May GOD BAN you from his KinGdom.
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by lomprico(m): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
akpumping7720:
So what's next?
Wike wins d election petition.
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by braine(m): 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
frankyychiji:
You are foolish. You masturbate too early. Its not yet uhuru. Watch out for season 2.

And you think you are smart? undecided
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by 3kay945(m): 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

Didn't I ask you same few days ago while rejoicing on how Amechi will be dropped into bin?

Let chill , tomorrow is here already.
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by figment232(m): 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
WHAT THESE APC E-RATS DONT REALISE IS THAT AMAECHIS SCREENING WOULD ALSO BE SUSPENDED UNTIL THE COURT CASE IS DECIDED.WE RE WATCHING
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by 3kay945(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
Banter1:
To the MODE that baNned me, May GOD BAN you from his KinGdom.

Are you instructing God or requesting? undecided
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
3kay945:

Didn't I ask you same few days ago while rejoicing on how Amechi will be dropped into bin?

Let chill , tomorrow is here already.
Bros until tomorrow !! Let's watch and see!!!
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
JayJohnson:

Wait until he has been nominated, we have waited and he his now nominated!
Wait until he is cleared, he would soon be cleared!
Wait until he is sworn-in, it would happen with or without you
Wailers, continue your wailing, your party is dead forever in Nigeria!!
I never told you Amaechi would not be nominated!! Only a fool would not expect V Buhari to nominate him as Minister after leading his campaign team.
The real battle would be his confirmation by the Senate!! I would love to hear his response to his indictment by the Rivers probe panel when grilled by the Senate tommorow.
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by marv1: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Nyesom Wike The Comedian:

Having failed to sway the mind of President Buhari (through hate documentaries) to stop him from nominating Amaechi...

Having failed to rally a protest from Rivers people to stop Amaechi, as the Good people of Rivers state vehemently rejected his hate moves against his fellow Rivers Man..

Whereas, Wike has also failed to Use Rivers Senators to stop the confirmation of Rotimi Amaechi:

Whereas, Wike has failed to use the Senate Rule to Stop Amaechi..

Whereas, Wike has failed woefully to use a doctored inquisition report called Judicial inquiry report to Stop Amaechi...

Nyesom Wike the alleged Murderer of his people, now plays his last card by assembling hungry, faceless and nameless youth and tagged them Northern Youth, to whip up sentiment and see if his futile project will get a lift!

Wike, you will commit Suicide by next week, When Rotimi Amaechi Shall Be Sworn In As The Honourable Minister Of Defence, Federal Republic Of Nigeria.
Shuoo. U try no be small. Minister of defence? I hail.
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
Abeyjide:
we are just wasting our time arguing on dis issues.all these politicians are same. Ameachi have to scale through inorder for saraki to scale through cct.they are playing games.
Lolz which CCT?You mean the toothless bulldog?
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by frankyychiji(f): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
braine:

And you think you are smart? undecided
Yes! And you are only smarter than a two year old.
Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by braine(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
frankyychiji:
Yes! And you are only smarter than a two year old.

I've seen how smart you are. You can go away now.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by Goke7: 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
razid:
I actually wanted to refrain from commenting on this ministerial list brouhaha. Sometimes we forget history so soon. Just like Saraki, Amaechi belongs to the caucus of nPDP in APC. Not only that, have we also forgotten that Saraki handed over the NGF chairmanship to Amaechi. Sometimes before Saraki withdrew from running for the presidency in 2011 PDP primaries, it was rumoured that he wanted to choose Amaechi as his vice.

So I've always laughed when I see people thinking that Saraki's Senate will be the one to turn against Amaechi. How are we sure that Amaechi didn't have a hand in Saraki's senate presidency coming from the same caucus in the party? Therefore, sometimes one need to be wary of interfering in the affairs of these politicians. Aregbesola almost lost his life during his tussle with Oyinlola in Osun State. Right now, the two of them are in the same party and according to some sources, Aregbesola is even in support of him as a ministerial candidate from Osun. My point is we shouldn't stress ourselves much on these politicians. They know how to deal with themselves.

You have a clear understanding of how Nigerian politics work unlike many ignorant folks in this forum. Oyinlola is a done deal due to the role he and adeleke played in aregbesola reelection as governor, adeleke is now in the senate while oyinlola will be made a minister. That was their agreement. Chikena

3 Likes

Re: Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
Wike, you will commit Suicide by next week, When Rotimi Amaechi Shall Be Sworn In As The Honourable Minister Of Defence, Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

With Amaechi as Minister of defence Shekau would have to start pumping champaigne as his teritorry would likely extend to Abuja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Watching His Son's Music Video / FFK Reacts To Sowore’s Arrest: "He's Not My Friend, He Defamed Me, But..." / 39 Senators Fail To Sponsor Bill In Six Months (names)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.