Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Alhaji Disu Was A Patriot And A True Lagosian – Senator Gbenga Ashafa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alhaji Disu Was A Patriot And A True Lagosian – Senator Gbenga Ashafa (336 Views)

Gbenga Ashafa's 61st Birthday: Amaechi, Dakuku Peterside Attend / FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa / Senator Gbenga Obadara's Daughter Graduates With A 2.1 In LLB Law (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alhaji Disu Was A Patriot And A True Lagosian – Senator Gbenga Ashafa by CrossLegge: 10:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
The sad news of the untimely passing of my good friend, fellow progressive and fellow constituent, Alhaji Tajudeen ‘Bola Disu, reached me with rude shock. It shook me to the core of my being as his loss leaves a huge gap amongst the tribe of intellectual and successful Lagosians.

Alhaji Disu was a visionary; a man who saw possibilities when others saw obstacles. It was his can-do spirit that gave needed impetus to the Lekki Free Trade Zone and many other laudable initiatives in the area. He lived every moment to drive that initiative designed to financially emancipate the great people of Lagos, particularly the constituents of the Lagos East Senatorial Constituency, by creating jobs, opportunities and attracting billions of dollars in investment. His dream was to significantly ramp up the revenue generation contribution of our people to the national pot and it had just begun to bear fruit. He was a patriot…a true Lagosian and should be remembered as such.

The humility and dexterity he brought to his job was exemplary. His mind manners and ability to negotiate the best deals to benefit the state was always a reference point. He was kind to all, rich or poor. He was a great man. I will miss him.

Alhaji Disu’s passing proves that life is transient. It behoves us all – the leaders and the led – to do the best with every second granted us by the Almighty. The dearly departed has run his race and did his best. May Allah grant him Al-jannah Firdaus. May He give the family and friends left behind the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

Goodnight, ‘Bola!

Signed:

Senator Gbenga Ashafa

Lagos East Senatorial Constituency

(1) (Reply)

#ministerialscreening VS #nobraday…what’s Trending? / Will Posterity Be Fair To President Buhari? / CONFUSED: Adams Faults Fasehun Over Anti-fulani Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.