Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,740 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Bayelsa State Declares 7 Days Mourning For Alamieyeseigha. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Declares 7 Days Mourning For Alamieyeseigha. (440 Views)

Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning / BREAKING: Kogi State Government Declares 7 Days Mourning For Abubakar Audu / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa State Declares 7 Days Mourning For Alamieyeseigha. by Nobody: 5:06am On Oct 13, 2015
Bayelsa state declares 7 days mourning as flags fly at half mast for Alamieyeseigha

Bayelsa State Government yesterday declared 7 days of mourning in honour of its former governor Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, who passed away last Saturday and directed that flags in all public buildings and premises across the state be flown at half mast.
The Bayelsa State Government, in a statement by Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Esueme Dan-Kikile, said within the period of mourning, all its official engagements will be cancelled.

According to Vanguard, the 7 days mourning period and the flying of the flags at half mast, according to the statement, started on Monday, stating that the government will work with the Alamieyeseigha family to give the former governor a befitting burial.
He said condolence registers have been opened at the office of the Governor, Government House, Yenagoa, office of the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Secretariat Complex, Yenagoa and Ijaw House, Sani Abacha Way, Yenagoa.

Re: Bayelsa State Declares 7 Days Mourning For Alamieyeseigha. by yomsad(m): 5:12am On Oct 13, 2015
RIP
Re: Bayelsa State Declares 7 Days Mourning For Alamieyeseigha. by powerfulsettingz: 5:33am On Oct 13, 2015
Seven days morn just for a mere prisoner and a thief?
Okay

Re: Bayelsa State Declares 7 Days Mourning For Alamieyeseigha. by DWJOBScom(m): 5:56am On Oct 13, 2015
Let the hypocrite ring and rant for all I care....
A great ijaw prince is dead
A man who got the chance to touch the life of Bayelsa....
He built a data centre in Yenogoa making ICT prominent in his state.
He did touch lives - most times got involved in negotiation of kidnapped victims because he saw what foreign investment will do to his people - I remember when he screamed out that the expatriates were the ones kidnapping themselves.
A great man died people don't let the wicked press and blind chorus leaders deny his true virtue...

Go in peace my friend

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Senate Has On Wednesday Cleared 19 Ministerial Nominees .bb / If Boko Haram Isn’t Defeated By Dec, I’ll Stay To Fight It Out – Buhari / Pls Help Me Wake Ogbeni Arebesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.