Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED (5389 Views)

Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State / Ministerial Nominee, Babatunde Fashola’s CV / Ministerial Nominee, Kayode Fayemi John’s CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by greatiyk4u(m): 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
Please any body in d know should help and give us the CV of Enugu state ministerial nominee........updated

President Mohammadu Buhari found d saintly characteristics he desires of his cabinet members in Geoffrey Jideofor Onyeama who was included in the second ministerial nominees list read out today by Senate President Bukola Saraki.

Onyeama is the fourth son of Charles Dadi Onyeama, who was Nigeria’s first ever judge at the International Court of
Justice at the Hague, and younger brother of author Dilibe.

The nominee also read law at Cambridge after a degree in Political Science from Columbia University and has worked
with the World Intellectual Property Organisation since the 1980 .........

Which other technocrat is better dan dis?
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by CHAIRMAN1(m): 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
Prof Barth Nnaji; the former minister of Power who Nebo took over from.
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by greatiyk4u(m): 6:59pm On Oct 13, 2015
CHAIRMAN1:
Prof Barth Nnaji; the former minister of Power who Nebo took over from.

How authentic is your information please.....his name is not among the list given by senate president
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by mej67: 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2015
No nominee yet.

That cannot therefore be the final list.
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by jaggzy: 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
Where is Jeffrey Onyema from?
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by kahal29: 8:34pm On Oct 13, 2015
mej67:
No nominee yet.

That cannot therefore be the final list.

He is Jeffrey Onyema

Date of Birth:
February 2, 1956
Nationality:
Nigerian
CURRICULUM VITAE OF MR. GEOFFREY ONYEAMA
Family status:
Married with three children
Education:
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Political Science, Columbia University (Columbia College),
New York, USA, (1977)
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Law, Cambridge University (St. John’s College), Cambridge,
United Kingdom (1980)
Master of Laws (LL.M), Law, University of London (London School of Economics and Political
Science (LSE), London, United Kingdom (1982)
Master of Arts (MA), Law, Cambridge University (St. John’s College), Cambridge,
United Kingdom (1984)
Academic Recognition:
 Dean’s List of Columbia College, Columbia University, New York, USA
Professional Qualification:
 Barrister-at-law, Gray’s Inn, London, United Kingdom (1981)
 Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, Nigerian Law School, Lagos,
Nigeria (1983)
Work Experience:
 Research Officer, Nigerian Law Reform Commission, Lagos, Nigeria,
(1983-1984)
 Law Practitioner, Mogboh and Associates, Enugu, Nigeria (1984-1985)
Page 2
1985 to present World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
1985-1986 - Assistant Program Officer, Development Cooperation and External
Relations, Bureau for Africa and Western Asia
(The Bureau was renamed the Development Cooperation and External Relations Bureau for
Africa at the end of 1985)
1986-1990 - Program Officer, Development Cooperation and External Relations
Bureau for Africa
1990-1996 - Senior Program Officer, Development Cooperation and External
Relations Bureau for Africa
1996-1998 - Senior Counsellor, Development Cooperation and External Relations
Bureau for Africa
(The Bureau was renamed the Cooperation for Development Bureau for Africa at the end of
1997)
1998 - Deputy Director, Cooperation for Development Bureau for Africa
1998-1999 - Acting Director, Cooperation for Development Bureau for Africa
(The Bureau was renamed the Economic Development Bureau for Africa at the end of 2003)
1999-2006 - Director, Cooperation for Development Bureau for Africa
2006-2009 - Assistant Director General, Coordination Sector for External Relations,
Industry, Communications and Public Outreach.
Responsible for: coordinating relations with United Nations (UN)
organizations, other intergovernmental organizations, industry, nongovernmental
organizations (NGOs); and responsible for
communication, public outreach, media relations and gender focal point.
* In this capacity, initiated, in 2008, with the International Federation of
Reproduction Rights Organizations (IFRRO), the process within
WIPO that culminated in the adoption of the Marrakesh Treaty to
Facilitate Access to Published Works for Persons Who are Blind,
Visually Impaired or Otherwise Print Disabled
2006-2012 Responsible, during various periods, for the WIPO External Offices in
Brussels, New York, Rio de Janeiro, Singapore, Tokyo and
Washington, D.C.
Page 3
1/12/2009 to - Deputy Director General, Development Sector.
present
Languages:
Responsible for: the regional bureaus for Africa, Arab Countries, Asia
and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean; the Least-Developed
Countries Division (LDCs); the Development Agenda Coordination
Division (DACD); the WIPO Academy and the Special Projects Division.
 English, French, German and Ibo
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by Naijiant: 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by asha80(m): 8:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
kahal29:

He is Jeffrey Onyema
Geoffrey onyeama

If one types the one you have written you will not see anything meaningful let alone a cv on google but type Geoffrey onyeama then you will see

greatiyk4u:
Please any body in d know should help and give us the CV of Enugu state ministerial nominee
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by greatiyk4u(m): 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2015
Naijiant:
http://www.naijiant.com/beer-parlour-gist/how-geoffre
y-onyeama-became-the-minister-from-enugu-state/

Tnx bro....I appreciate
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by BALLOSKI: 9:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
I knew change is here the moment ekweremadu confessed today that he does not know who was picked from enugu. A departure from the bad precedent set by the pdp where they sit at state level to nominate a minister.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by greatiyk4u(m): 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
BALLOSKI:
I knew change is here the moment ekweremadu confessed today that he does not know who was picked from enugu. A departure from the bad precedent set by the pdp where they sit at state level to nominate a minister.

#gbam
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by BALLOSKI: 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
greatiyk4u:

#gbam
to be honest, 2015 is my political year . I witnessed the first independence day celebration with all sense of happiness, witnessed an incumbent losing to the opposition and, I witnessed the best screening exercise ever conducted by the Senate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by Obiobi8(m): 11:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
BALLOSKI:
to be honest, 2015 is my political year . I witnessed the first independence day celebration with all sense of happiness, witnessed an incumbent losing to the opposition and, I witnessed the best screening exercise ever conducted by the Senate.

The best is yet to come..
Once the ministers begin their reforms everything will start to take shape..
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by greatiyk4u(m): 9:39am On Oct 14, 2015
Obiobi8:

The best is yet to come.. Once the ministers begin their reforms everything will start to take shape..
I jst can't agree less!!!
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by asha80(m): 9:55am On Oct 14, 2015
So he is the son of Dadi onyeama?
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by greatiyk4u(m): 10:00am On Oct 14, 2015
asha80:
So he is the son of Dadi onyeama?
U knw him?
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by asha80(m): 10:14am On Oct 14, 2015
greatiyk4u:

U knw him?
yes I have heard of him..made a slightly controversial comment amongst a group of friends in Lagos in the 1940s
Re: Who Is Enugu Ministerial Nominee?.............UPDATED by Obiobi8(m): 2:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
greatiyk4u:

I jst can't agree less!!!

We shall see..

(1) (Reply)

See What A Nigerian Police Man Was Spotted Doing With A Half-unclad Lady(pic) / NLC: No Fuel Price Increase Without Fixing Refineries / Naija Military Forces Parade Owerri Against Sit At Home Ordered By Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.