Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Pre-colonial Homosexuality - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pre-colonial Homosexuality (7595 Views)

Did West Africans Develop Cast Iron In Pre-colonial Times? / Interesting Images From Precolonial And Early Colonial Africa / Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-colonial Homosexuality by aribisala0(m): 10:27pm On Apr 14, 2011
maybe it is bulllshit but it is very lucrative work.

the reason why people are so hung up on them is they are very powerful and very many.

they can cost you elections or your job/ career.
Re: Pre-colonial Homosexuality by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2011
biina:
2. beastiality: Again, while not accepted by the mainstream society, bestiality has always been part of the rituals of some religious sects in Africa

Some fulanis are said to sleep with their cattle to gain firmer control over the animals. Also, among the yorubas, some sleep with animals as part of rituals to gain wealth or spiritual powers. The Europeans did not define our traditional beliefs, and in fact tried to get rid of some practices that were deemed barbaric.

SOURCE?

I'm aware of pre-colonial homosexuality existing in Africa, but bestiality rituals? I think you need a source for that kind of statement.
Re: Pre-colonial Homosexuality by ChinenyeN(m): 10:36pm On Apr 14, 2011
aribisala0:

maybe it is bulllshit but it is very lucrative work.
Apparently, it is. Just sit there for 4 hours, half-listen to someone talk, and then, in fancy words, tell them what they already know. Then inform them of their bill.

aribisala0:

the reason why people are so hung up on them is they are very powerful and very many.

they can cost you elections or your job/ career.
Politics; Always Politics. Western society only has itself to blame for this.
Re: Pre-colonial Homosexuality by aribisala0(m): 10:58pm On Apr 14, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Apparently, it is. Just sit there for 4 hours, half-listen to someone talk, and then, in fancy words, tell them what they already know. Then inform them of their bill.
sounds like anyone can do it
[/quote]Politics; Always Politics. Western society only has itself to blame for this.
[quote]
no difference is we pretend until the pastors start going to prison.even then we still pretend.
Re: Pre-colonial Homosexuality by pleep(m): 6:09am On Jul 15, 2012
I think homosexuality is in part caused by early age molestation... so to me it is ostensible that in a soceity were homosexuality was not present that it could be introduced by a foreign group via innaproprate contact.

As for me though, i doubt it... ive already lost faith in humanity in regards to this. I just learned today that more men are raped (by other men in prison) than women. So homosexuality is everywhere and probably has been for a long time.

Just keep ur kids safe, make sure you do not go to prison, and dont marry a lesbian and you will be aight. wink
Re: Pre-colonial Homosexuality by Nobody: 3:54am On Sep 19, 2012
pleep: I think homosexuality is in part caused by early age molestation... so to me it is ostensible that in a soceity were homosexuality was not present that it could be introduced by a foreign group via innaproprate contact.

As for me though, i doubt it... ive already lost faith in humanity in regards to this. I just learned today that more men are raped (by other men in prison) than women. So homosexuality is everywhere and probably has been for a long time.

Just keep ur kids safe, make sure you do not go to prison, and dont marry a lesbian and you will be aight. wink

LOL @ bolded.
Re: Pre-colonial Homosexuality by somalia5: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
woooow shocked

negroid culture is so backwards and slave like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brave New World: Overhauling Igbo Grammar / Esan Men / 7 Ways To Prevent Cultural Mistakes While On Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.