Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees (32729 Views)

Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee / PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) / 18 Ministerial Nominees Confirmed As Minister By The Senate, Awaiting Portfolios (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by sabaeh(m): 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
Eighteen of the 37 ministerial nominees from the list submitted by President Muhammadu Buhari have been confirmed by the Senate.

They are Udoma Udo Udoma, Dr. John Kayode Fayemi, Audu Ogbe, Christopher Ogbonnaya Onu, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, Lt.Gen. Abdulrahman Danbazzau, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Amina Mohammed, Ibrahim Jubril, Babatunde Fashola, Aisha Hassan.

At the end of plenary on Wednesday, Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki read out the names of the nominees who had fielded questions from the lawmakers. The senators in a vote confirmed all 18 nominees.

The lawmakers carried out the confirmation.

Former Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State was the first to take the stand at the Senate chambers today.

Mr Fashola held his audience spell bound for almost an hour and half answering questions from senators.

He told them that as governor for eight years in office he did not sign a cheque.

Mr Fashola also responded to questions on loyalty and on the 78 million naira allegedly sank to build a website.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/14/senate-confirms-nominations-of-18-ministerial-nominees/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Swaycater(m): 5:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by wasco24: 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
angry
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by veekid(m): 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
No more news
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Acidosis(m): 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
Saraki is a fundamental fraudster whose fraudulent activity can only prevail in the fraudulent propaganda party.

It is obvious to all and sundry, that majority of the senators were against the confirmation of Lai Muhammed.

This should be in record and a lesson to all that the mantra called change is nothing but a coalition of power hungry demons whose interests lie first in their personal interest ONLY.

History will never forgive Senator Saraki and the person Tinubu whom we all know he tried to please with Lai's BACKYARD confirmation.

This is not change, I don't know what it is but fraud.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by dyn1800: 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
Before nko?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by MrMcJay(m): 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
To the wailers, I have a gift for you!

Buy 3 and get one free!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by ddippset(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
The Rotimi Amaechi show tomorrow will be the perfect grand finale! Why is Bukola Saraki just postponing the misery moment for the wailers?

15 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by aieromon(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
For the very first time,my problem is not with the President - Ibe Kachikwu (2015)

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by emmanuel596(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
Congratulations to them

I pray this government dosent fail us at the end of it all

A better nd blessed nigeria we ask of u oh LORD AMEN

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by mygee2(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
I don"t see anything special about ministerial screening that youth are investing soo much of thier time in...If we would have been better to invest our time and resources to go to the bush and cut some forages and or herbs to sell instead of these

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by codyhopie: 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kul
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Sweetyie(f): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
Come 2025 I foresee my name in that list oh

3 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by bunmioguns(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
cool
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by igbsam(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by luvinhubby(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
And who says this APC administration is any way different from PDP?

7 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by efilefun(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
QUOTES'
On unemployment; there is no way we can solve the problem of unemployment until we increase our production’-Ogbonaya Onu

‘People accuse senators of having huge salaries, they don’t know the kind of pressure you go through’- Audu Ogbeh

‘Poverty is the problem between the mindlessly rich and hopelessly poor.’ – Kayode Fayemi

'We cannot turn this economy around if we rely solely on public sector; we have to focus on the private sector' – Udo Udoma

‘For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum despite being the governor of a major oil producing state' – Sen. Godswill Akpabio

'EXCHANGE RATE IS NOT A SILVER BULLET' : KEMI ADEOSUN

'Lets pray our Loyalty aint tested' - Fashola

My Personal Analysis & Lessons Learnt so far from The Screening of Ministerial Nominees, at least those that have made solid impressions on me so far.
1. Kayode Fayemi - Very Prepared. Approached Questions like he was in a Real Job Interview. Eloquent. Informed. Calm and turned the Hallowed Chambers into a Lecture Theatre. Agbada Game so tight. He will fit well into any of the Ministries of Foreign Affairs or Education.

2. Amina Mohammed - Beauty, Brains, Confidence & everything in between.
My Lessons:
Information is Power.
Exposure is an Advantage
Knowledge is Supreme
Versatility is Everything
If she is confirmed, it won't be because she s merely a Woman. It would be that she possessed the Capacity, Confidence and Character. Funmi Iyanda tweeted yesterday that Amina took a Break off her TV Show in 2003 to breastfeed her Baby. And by the way, Amina has Six Children. Powerful Women have SOULS too.
She may get Ministry of National Planning

3. Babatunde Fashola - Gentleman is Genius. Though he stuttered on the 78millon Website Question, he was true to type in his depth of understanding of virtually all Sectors. He was screened for 70mins by 11 Senators hence my Lessons below:
1. If Service is below you, Leadership is Beyond You.
2. When you set or raise Standards, you'll be the first to be judged by those Standards.
May become Minister of Works, Power or FCT

4. Ibe Kachikwu - Solid and Spectacular in his Delivery. Home Boy. James Bond Swag. Knows his Onions. Vintage Experience. It takes a considerable level of courage and confidence to describe your own 30 year old Career as Unblemished.
My Lesson: Your Integrity is your main Currency of Exchange. Only the Guilty are Afraid.
Poised for Minister of State, Petroleum Resources

OVERALL: Nigeria has evolved into a Nation where our Citizens are so informed, engaged and Involved, Leaders will either have to shape in or ship out.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Akinz0126(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
I don't just know I dislike ythat man called Fayemi but since fashola is their all hand is on dest.
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by akins56(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
wailing wailers hw va ? We told you e-criers and 'room temperature' IQed fellows that the senate would approve all of our nominees, chukwudi hw va na ?, all yoruba master no gree listen to ur advise oo.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Akinz0126:
I don't just know I dislike ythat man called Fayemi but since fashola is their all hand is on dest.

If you taste his administration as a governor, you'll just spit at the mention of his name.

Ekiti people changed his name from "Fayemi" to "Fayeun".
He was such a buffoon as a gov., misplaced priorities, simply reeking failures and underperformed compared to what they saw in him during the 2007 campaigns. That was why he lost 16-0.

He seems to have a massive intellect while talking, (and may be useful as an adviser) but left to his own wit (as an administrator)? Gosh, he is a total wussy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Seye25(m): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
hmm
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by ammyluv2002(f): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Expected. .
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by montezz(f): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
see as space bookers full everywia. @op congrats to all of dem!
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Donpoker9(m): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
b
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Owliver(m): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Change is here. grin
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by frankwells(f): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
After buying dis land here**Congratulations to all of dem,watchout for my Article on d ministerial screening** "Business as Usual" but before dat Fayemi,Fashola killed d show men,dey showed brillance compared to out du*ce senator,who r all displaying high level of unseriouness
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by LivingDiamond(m): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
S
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by eDoctorr(m): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Where are the 18 names?
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Marv650(m): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Gerahrahhere were are the names
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by obims(f): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policeman Dares Shiite Muslims With His Rifle During Protest In Abuja. Photos / Abuja-Nasarawa Road Shut Down As Northeners Celebrate Buhari's Arrival (Photos) / Fashola attends niece's birthday party in Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.