Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov (2497 Views)

Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki / How President Buhari Chose The Ministerial Nominees – Garba Shehu / SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by AINATOLULOPE: 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
The Senate continued the screening of ministerial nominees today, October 14.

The Senate screened 10 nominees yesterday, while 9 ministerial nominees from the first batch were screened today. However, the screening of Rotimi Amaechi was deferred.
[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt1u4aticg0ge8.40d2c526.jpg[/img]

The first to appear before the Senate for questioning today was Babatunde Fashola, the former Lagos state governor.

When former Lagos governor, Babatunde Fashola, took center stage at the ongoing screening of the ministerial nominees, the sound of a pin couldn’t be heard at the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

With evident dexterity and a deep grasp of issues, Fashola answered every question asked of him and carefully side-stepped a few sensitive queries.

The minister-in-waiting successfully impressed the Senators and the watching public with his answers.

Here are 21 quotes by Fashola from the screening:

1. ‘Our Work in Lagos was a Team Effort, I won’t appropriate personal responsibility for the Good Work’.

2. ‘My attitude was to see criminals as my competitor and with competitions ,my desire was to win’.

3. ‘Security remains the primary but toughest job a leader can have; It was a competition’.

4. ‘As governor I felt responsible for every citizen that was robbed. Every citizen that was robbed, I had failed. That’s how I felt’.

5. ‘Before we increase taxes, we must optimize the capacity to get that which is in the place.’

6. ‘Online Technology is a very versatile tool for tax collection… moving to it would be important’.

7. ‘Competition stimulates productivity. There is no state that is unable to carry out productive activity’.

8. ‘If we are afraid of abuse, start the state police. Not every state should start if it can’t be funded’.

9. ‘My Knowledge of Abuja is not as deep as my knowledge of Lagos. I have lived in Lagos all my life.’

10. ‘I don’t know the last time a serious conviction was made for rape in any of our high courts’.

11. ‘I will walk away from the tendency to condemn the level of development of our Country’.

12. ‘It is our responsibility to continue to add value whenever we find ourselves in a privileged position’.

13. ‘The only training I have is that of a lawyer. I don’t fix contract prices, I don’t sign cheques, non of my commissioners signs cheques. We have a process that was followed.’

14. ‘In my own right as a 52 years man, I am old, but we must continue to interface with and guide the youths’.

15. ‘Nobody has alleged that I have corruptly enriched myself. The unfortunate thing about money is that it always raises suspicion even amongst brothers.’

16. ‘The concept of loyalty is a very strange one. In public life I have remained loyal to causes that I have signed on to. Nobody can fairly accuse me of giving my word and going back on my word. I always pray that my loyalty will not be tested.’

17. ‘This country has demonstrated that it can change anything that it doesn’t like.’

18. ‘People must pay taxes. People who want to benefit from the commonwealth must contribute to the common purse’.

19. ‘We must decide for ourselves what quality of life we are willing to accept as a people’.

20. ‘In a Federation, the right to free movement is not an absolute right because there are individuals who tend to be a nuisance.’

21. ‘Our infrastructure is behind, and if we don’t invest money in infrastructure, we can’t move forward. We can’t borrow to pay salaries or fuel generators, we must borrow to pay for our Infrastructures.’

http://www.234 Forum.com/senators-agog-as-fashola-undergoes-ministerial-screening/

1 Like

Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by Sunexy(m): 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2015
Smartest minister xo far nd a good lawyer 4dat matter....
Wat more can the senate say 2bring him down.. Absolutely nothing!!
Fashola na smart crook
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by Reekadict04: 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
lalasticlala FP Pleaseeeeeeeee

I LOVE FASHOLA!

1 Like

Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by baby124: 6:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
Lagos indigenes lead, the rest of the villagers (35 states) follow. That is why they want to die on top our matter cheesy. Nice one fash

4 Likes

Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by adeyak83(m): 6:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
No name to call Mr. Fashola than GENIUS his IQ is above 175. He is a gifted child to the nation.

4 Likes

Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by kunle1960: 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fashola must be loved by all.He is a rare gem

3 Likes

Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by dsquare33: 7:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fasola,an orator,I am sure the Senators would have been mesmerized with is oratory and his analytical skills.
Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by Bamoha(m): 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
he will make a very good president

5 Likes

Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by pus33: 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
IQ= 1
Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by titi4fola(f): 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
The originality

Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
K
Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by smsshola(m): 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hmmm a man bless by God, loved by few ppu av no cause to worry about e-wailers who cant produce is type.

He was tested, and trusted and I pray may d lord guide and c him tru this new era/calling.

1 Like

Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
true definition of leadership
Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by ikaboy: 11:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
An exclusion of Fash in a change focused cabinet is suicidal.
Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by donsteady(m): 11:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
If we have 36 of Fash, I swear Nigeria will be great
Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by omonnakoda: 12:11am On Oct 15, 2015
Let us spare ourselves the hyperbole. There was nothing great about his "performance" what was a disgrace was the questions the senators asked.Nauseating! One asked what "magic" he had performed in Lagos. God!!
Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by Horus(m): 1:13am On Oct 15, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW3yzMkHw5Q

[size=15pt]Ministerial Screening: Senate Drills Frm Lagos State Governor; Fashola Pt 2[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by MayorofLagos(m): 1:49am On Oct 15, 2015
1. ‘Our Work in Lagos was a Team Effort, I won’t appropriate personal responsibility for the Good Work’.

2. ‘My attitude was to see criminals as my competitor and with competitions ,my desire was to win’.

3. ‘Security remains the primary but toughest job a leader can have; It was a competition’.

4. ‘As governor I felt responsible for every citizen that was robbed. Every citizen that was robbed, I had failed. That’s how I felt’.

5. ‘Before we increase taxes, we must optimize the capacity to get that which is in the place.’

6. ‘Online Technology is a very versatile tool for tax collection… moving to it would be important’.

7. ‘Competition stimulates productivity. There is no state that is unable to carry out productive activity’.

8. ‘If we are afraid of abuse, start the state police. Not every state should start if it can’t be funded’.

9. ‘My Knowledge of Abuja is not as deep as my knowledge of Lagos. I have lived in Lagos all my life.’

10. ‘I don’t know the last time a serious conviction was made for rape in any of our high courts’.

11. ‘I will walk away from the tendency to condemn the level of development of our Country’.

12. ‘It is our responsibility to continue to add value whenever we find ourselves in a privileged position’.

13. ‘The only training I have is that of a lawyer. I don’t fix contract prices, I don’t sign cheques, non of my commissioners signs cheques. We have a process that was followed.’

14. ‘In my own right as a 52 years man, I am old, but we must continue to interface with and guide the youths’.

15. ‘Nobody has alleged that I have corruptly enriched myself. The unfortunate thing about money is that it always raises suspicion even amongst brothers.’

16. ‘The concept of loyalty is a very strange one. In public life I have remained loyal to causes that I have signed on to. Nobody can fairly accuse me of giving my word and going back on my word. I always pray that my loyalty will not be tested.’

17. ‘This country has demonstrated that it can change anything that it doesn’t like.’

18. ‘People must pay taxes. People who want to benefit from the commonwealth must contribute to the common purse’.

19. ‘We must decide for ourselves what quality of life we are willing to accept as a people’.

20. ‘In a Federation, the right to free movement is not an absolute right because there are individuals who tend to be a nuisance.’

21. ‘Our infrastructure is behind, and if we don’t invest money in infrastructure, we can’t move forward. We can’t borrow to pay salaries or fuel generators, we must borrow to pay for our Infrastructures.’

Message to Fulani

Message to Ibo

Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by MayorofLagos(m): 1:54am On Oct 15, 2015
Ibos and Fulani are a nuisance!

Any Fulani that doesn't like the message can go face OPC. angry

Any Ibo that resent this message and live in Lagos already know what to do...its no point showing you where the Lagoon is located. angry

1 Like

Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by gbeseun(m): 2:48am On Oct 15, 2015
Baba fash,mo GBA fun e
Re: How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov by Ayoola171(m): 3:49am On Oct 15, 2015
Upon all the pull him down songs, the man's talent will always make ways for him/her. His transformatiom works in Lagos speak volum. May God empower him to do more in his current calling. "Nigeria o ni ba je", Kudos to Fashola.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wake Up Call For The South East Region!! / Obama Receives Formal Petition Against Buhari For Disregard Of Court Orders / How to Crash The Dollar Against The Naira In one Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.