Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Talk To Your Troubles... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Talk To Your Troubles... (526 Views)

Rise Above Your Troubles. / Coming Out Of Your Troubles Mp3 By Pst David Olusegun / When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Talk To Your Troubles... by samblessed: 7:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
Many people know how to tell friends, families about their problem, which is good because a problem shared is half solved. But in some cases, its not half solved but made more complicated when all those you've confided in can't help you or even made a mockery of your predicament.

There are other set of people who would cry and complain bitterly in prayers to God about what they are going thru. They are good at telling God about all the negativity the world had thrown at them(which is good), but will never tell their problems about the greatness of the power of their God.

Jesus admonished us to talk to our problems; he wants you to tell that trouble that it is too tiny a thing before God.

In Mark 11 verse 23, Jesus talked to a tree as if he was talking to a being with hearing and reasoning ability, thereby showing us an example on how to speak authoritatively to the issue of lack, sickness, poverty, failures, barreness etc harrasing us.
In that verse quoted above, the tree responded to Jesus. So also, the the troubles confronting you will respond to whatever you tell it. But it must be done in faith.
But unfortunately most people talk themselves into defeat, death or failure when going thru hard times. Confessions like, "this problem will kill me" or "i am finished" etc, brings defeat, failure or death.

Your problems will still respond to you if you speak negatively to it as would when you talk victory.

I urge you to quit brooding over that trouble, rise like a wounded lion, and declare to that trouble, and say loudly and violently, "it is not yet over with me, victory is certainly mine".
Re: Talk To Your Troubles... by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Can you please quote the Bible passage where Jesus was talking to a tree and it answered?
Re: Talk To Your Troubles... by samblessed: 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
In Mark11 verse 14, Jesus spoke to the tree, saying, "let no man eat from you forever", and in verse 20 to 21, the tree had responded to the words of Jesus by "…Withering away" (Mark11:21).
Jesus demostrated this power when he spoke to an inanimate object, (the wind and waves), and commanded them to be still.
Jesus also spoke to a decaying corpse, (dead and buried lazarus) and he responded.

In Ezekiel 37, we see a situation where the prophet Ezekiel speaking to dry bones(a non living thing), and the bones responded.
Re: Talk To Your Troubles... by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
samblessed:
In Mark11 verse 14, Jesus spoke to the tree, saying, "let no man eat from you forever", and in verse 20 to 21, the tree had responded to the words of Jesus by "…Withering away" (Mark11:21).
Jesus demostrated this power when he spoke to an inanimate object, (the wind and waves), and commanded them to be still.
Jesus also spoke to a decaying corpse, (dead and buried lazarus) and he responded.

In Ezekiel 37, we see a situation where the prophet Ezekiel speaking to dry bones(a non living thing), and the bones responded.

You need to read this Bible passage again. I think you have misinterpreted it.

12 The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. 14 Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.

20 In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21 Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!”

22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly[f] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” [26] [g]

Jesus doesn't tell people to discuss their problems with trees. He is rather trying to demonstrate that you get what you ask for if you have enough faith.
Re: Talk To Your Troubles... by samblessed: 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
was there any place in my post where i admonished people to discuss their problem with trees? Please read the post again.

(1) (Reply)

God's Project / If This Person Can, What Is Your Excuse Not To Preach The Gospel (pix) / The Power Of Greatness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.