Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:27 AM

Going Straight To My Father's House After POP. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Going Straight To My Father's House After POP. (1091 Views)

NYSC Leave, Is It Before POP Or After POP? / Going Back To My Parent's After POP / Straight To Camp Luxurious Bus Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Going Straight To My Father's House After POP. by apprentist(m): 6:54am On Oct 15, 2015
Going back to my Father's House and Mummy's Pot after my service Year.

Sincerely, I've never stopped giving this a thought since I left home for service.
I have huge plans for my service year- Things I look forward to achieve, degrees, skills, contacts and so on. But above all, I look forward to starting life after my service year.
Now, this decision as we all know isn't one that comes on a platter. My reason for saying this goes thus:
1. To afford an apartment will require rentage and maintenance,
2. I'll have to earn to survive,
3. The Societal system doesn't trow jobs at your lap imidiately after service. Just to mention a few.

Some of you here on NL have been through this stage of life already and gracefully sufficed through, some are still believing God to make it through.
What is/was your experience like and how did you finally get on your feet?
Do you subscribe to going back to my parent's after service?
Did you have to stay at your parent's while starting life outside?
What were the things you did during your service year that helped you in this area in the long run?

Opinions and Experiances would be grately appreciated.

Re: Going Straight To My Father's House After POP. by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 15, 2015
Yup. Returned to my parent's house and immediately founded my first company. Spent about 8 months working from there, and now the business has taken me to a whole new land.
Re: Going Straight To My Father's House After POP. by apprentist(m): 7:26am On Oct 15, 2015
RickRichards:
Yup. Returned to my parent's house and immediately founded my first company. Spent about 8 months working from there, and now the business has taken me to a whole new land.

You're certainly one of the lucky few. Congrats… but how did u mean when u said "you found your own company"?…
Re: Going Straight To My Father's House After POP. by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 15, 2015
apprentist:

You're certainly one of the lucky few. Congrats… but how did u mean when u said "you found your own company"?…
Kindly paraphrase.
Re: Going Straight To My Father's House After POP. by apprentist(m): 7:52am On Oct 15, 2015
RickRichards:

Kindly paraphrase.

You said you founded your first company. I'm asking if its your own company or you got employed to work there. and how long did u wait after service?
Re: Going Straight To My Father's House After POP. by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 15, 2015
apprentist:

You said you founded your first company. I'm asking if its your own company or you got employed to work there. and how long did u wait after service?
I'm a co-owner. We registered the company during my service year. Didn't have to wait.
Re: Going Straight To My Father's House After POP. by yokiti: 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2015

(1)

Change Of Date For Batch A 2016 Orientation Course / What You Failed To Observe About NYSC [BE WISE] / Nysc Relocation To Lagos And Other States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.