Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Headaches Of Bad Fuel In Port Harcourt - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Headaches Of Bad Fuel In Port Harcourt (930 Views)

This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car / Fuel Scarcity: What Is The Situation, How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area? / WARNING!!!! 5 Common Symptoms Of A Bad Fuel Pump. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Headaches Of Bad Fuel In Port Harcourt by diehard(m): 7:26am On Oct 15, 2015
I have had a really bad experience with buying bad fuel in port Harcourt. I have changed my wife's car Rav4 fuel pump 4 times within two month.the latest near miss happened this week. We bought fuel in a mobil filling station and the car stopped moving within one hour of driving. I had to call my mechanic and straight away he went for the fuel line. Behold what we bought was a cross between PMS, diesel and condensate. After draining the car of the unknown substance, I had to go for fuel hunting only wiser this time. I asked the fuel attendant to pour a little on my fingers for me to smell and watch how quickly it evaporates.

What is your experience with bad fuel in the niger delta?
Re: Headaches Of Bad Fuel In Port Harcourt by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2015
diehard:
I have had a really bad experience with buying bad fuel in port Harcourt. I have changed my wife's car Rav4 fuel pump 4 times within two month.the latest near miss happened this week. We bought fuel in a mobil filling station and the car stopped moving within one hour of driving. I had to call my mechanic and straight away he went for the fuel line. Behold what we bought was a cross between PMS, diesel and condensate. After draining the car of the unknown substance, I had to go for fuel hunting only wiser this time. I asked the fuel attendant to pour a little on my fingers for me to smell and watch how quickly it evaporates.

What is your experience with bad fuel in the niger delta?

Seems you are alone in this matter. I know a few people who have used vehicles for 4years in p.h without the fuel contamination problem
Re: Headaches Of Bad Fuel In Port Harcourt by diehard(m): 7:49am On Oct 15, 2015
Don't think so. Newer vehicles are prone to this challenges. In fact I bought fuel on my '03 Lexus car and it seems to handle this mixture well but the '10 rav4 can't
Re: Headaches Of Bad Fuel In Port Harcourt by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:03am On Oct 15, 2015
I agree, newer cars are more sensitive.

My guys use very oldsch offroad kinda. Vehicles.
Re: Headaches Of Bad Fuel In Port Harcourt by Whizpeter(m): 8:09am On Oct 15, 2015
Hmmmm... We've the crude... Yet people that don't have it still get better fuel than us... I tire for US ooo
Re: Headaches Of Bad Fuel In Port Harcourt by Bright2(m): 8:56am On Oct 15, 2015
Pls specify the branch of mobil you bought the fuel from.

Thanks for sharing your expreience but i've not noticed or heard of this problem in PH cos i work there & has alot of friends with cars & we all uses fuel in PH too.
Re: Headaches Of Bad Fuel In Port Harcourt by diehard(m): 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2015
The mobil station is on airport road by eliozu junction and also Wilbert station on the same airport road. NNPC stations and a few other seems to sell good fuel.

Some filling station buy pms from our local refiners to make extra profit and mix it with the good stuff.

The quick guide is any filling station taxi drivers don't go to is a red flag

(1) (Reply)

Beetle Bug What Is The Major Problem Of This Car Pls / What Is Wrong With My Car? / Trip Computer Unit Of Measurements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.