Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,905 members, 7,838,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP (982 Views)

How Can I Rise My GP / First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? / My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP by Yellowson(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2015
I am a student of federal university of tech owerri (FUTO). I got admitted into the university last year into the dept of geology but i don't like the dept because my passion burns for information management technology so i was not focused i used most of my time in coding and learning programming languages,but i searched for means to move out of the dept but later learnt that it was not possible unless i have to make a GP of 3.5 at least at the completion of my 100l. Now the results are out and i failed to reach a nice gp to even continue with the dept, my options now is that i have to try and drop a year and start from year one again by meeting my HOD or continue with the course by dropping some courses and retaking those ones i failed in my year one.Am confused don't know which way to turn to and i really have the will to continue with programming coz i have found out if i continue with the dept that means it will be difficult to continue with programming.

Pls lalasticlala help me make am reach frontpage.
Re: I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 15, 2015
I think you should continue by dropping some courses. Hopefully, you will be able to clear all by 300L. If you dont, then you might just demote yourself for a session and make sure you clear all spill over courses before moving to 400L.
Re: I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP by Unekz(m): 9:53am On Oct 15, 2015
op dnt relent still continue
Re: I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP by HomoSapiien: 9:57am On Oct 15, 2015
Why don't you take another Jamb?

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP by Yellowson(m): 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
Harbioollah:
I think you should continue by dropping some courses. Hopefully, you will be able to clear all by 300L. If you dont, then you might just demote yourself for a session and make sure you clear all spill over courses before moving to 400L.

my school is a minimum of five years and probably a maximum of seven years,i think if i continue i might end up with a third class.what do you think about battling to meet up?
Re: I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2015
Re: I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP by Yellowson(m): 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
Harbioollah:

With 5years, you can still make it. I studied a 5yr course too.

If only you could read my past posts, i was in the same scenario as you back then (even worse). And i tried to leave for 2yrs unsuccessfully (Fashola's lasu fees increase played a part in me missing out for medicine) but i finally embraced it at 300L. You could see i started late sef. Though no spill overs but my results were worse for my standard

My cgpa after 200L first semester stood at 1.98. I had to quit writing to be fully focused. I just did my final papers last week and expecting the results. I may not make 2.1 but any prospective employer would know i'm much better than those who did, just that that were challenges at the beginning.

You too can.
thanks
Re: I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP by Udochee(m): 2:58pm On Oct 15, 2015
you know how tough that school can be atimes once u fail university courses(mainly in yr 1) there's a tendency that even ur dept will want to frustrate u to have an extra year.get to imt dept & make enough info since sch is on vacation at d moment & if u still want to stick with geology all well & good..last bullet:-d ball is still in ur court to decide
Re: I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
You don't like the course, and I guess you might even have no passion for it... if you can cross to IMT which you love, try it, even if you're gon lose 1yr... its better than struggling with the course you don't like for the next 4yrs or so
Re: I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP by Yellowson(m): 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
adebayor1490:
You don't like the course, and I guess you might even have no passion for it... if you can cross to IMT which you love, try it, even if you're gon lose 1yr... its better than struggling with the course you don't like for the next 4yrs or so
i won't be able to cross over to IMT because my GP is not close to 3.5 and my zeal is for IMT,am just confused how am going to handle it but i am preparing to reach school before it resumes so that i can inquire more about what to do
Re: I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP by Yellowson(m): 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2015
Udochee:
you know how tough that school can be atimes once u fail university courses(mainly in yr 1) there's a tendency that even ur dept will want to frustrate u to have an extra year.get to imt dept & make enough info since sch is on vacation at d moment & if u still want to stick with geology all well & good..last bullet:-d ball is still in ur court to decide

Yes i know they frustrate alot and our HOD said if we dont make good GP that our admission will be terminated.
Re: I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2015
Yellowson:

Yes i know they frustrate alot and our HOD said if we dont make good GP that our admission will be terminated.

Guy I understand your point but I think what you need is just encouragement that's all. Most times this days dept HODs are not always in support of student leaving the dept for another.

My question is this what makes u believe IMT doesn't have its own tough courses attached to it? Please I suggest u just relax and calm down and re-strategise towards this Geology as a course, I tell you geology is a very good course. You can go on google and do your findings.

Instead of giving yourself head-ache over it just relax and get your materials and read well nothing is difficult to pass just pray to God and be hard-working.

Don't let anyone deceive you God has a reason for placing you in that dept, just go back in the next session clear your carry-overs and fire on. Remember "Your present position is someone's prayer request"

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Thank God Jamb Has Release My Result / Waec Gce Free Biology Expo / ‘my Basic Education At Ota Gave Me An Edge’, ABU Overall Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.