Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory (1065 Views)

Rivers: Tribunal Sacks Speaker And 20 House Of Assembly Lawmakers / Rivers Tribunal:drama As Police Makes U-turn / Rivers Tribunal: How Area Commander Supervised Ballot Thumb-printing –Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 15, 2015
Thursday 15 October, 2015

Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo, Others Victory

Senator Abe to appeal ruling  Victory further confirms  peaceful and credible polls, says Wike
The Rivers State National Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abuja has upheld the election of Senator Olaka Johnson Nwogo representing Rivers South-east senatorial district in the Senate.

At the resumed hearing yesterday, the tribunal dismissed the petition brought by Senator Magnus Abe and his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) to challenge the validity of the declaration of Nwogo as winner.

Justice Mohammed Sifawa who delivered judgment in the petition held that Abe and APC failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt their allegations that there was no election in the senatorial district in the March 28 National Assembly election.

Justice Sifawa also held that rather than prove the allegations, the petitioner went out of his way by blowing hot and cold at the same time on the election issue. According to the tribunal chairman, in one breath, the petitioner claimed that there was no election in the senatorial district and in another breath, the same petitioner tendered documents from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on how election materials were shared on the election day.

He said it was wrong in law for the petitioner to be speaking from both sides of his mouth as he tendered documents from the election he claimed never held. According to him,  the petitioner failed to call at least one witness from the over 1,400 polling units in his senatorial district to substantiate his allegation that there was no election.

The tribunal also noted that the few witnesses called by the petitioner to prove his allegations missed the target in their evidence by emphasising on non relevant issues. The ruling stated: “From the totality of evidence before this tribunal, we are convinced that the petitioner did not do the needful as he failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt his soul allegation that election did not hold in his constituency in the March 28 National Assembly election.”

“It must also be stated here that the petitioner knows that the onus to prove his allegation rested on his shoulder but for unknown reasons, refused to discharge the onus as required by law. “By his failure to establish a prima facie case that there was no election in his constituency, this tribunal has no option than to disregard his allegation in its entirety.

“We therefore hold that there was election and uphold the election on the 2nd respondent (Senator Nwogo) as declared by the 1st respondent while announcing the election result. “This petition is liable to dismissal and is hereby dismissed for lacking in merit.” Reacting to the judgment,  Abe vowed to go to the Court of Appeal to test the popularity of the verdict against his petition. He alleged that tribunal was not fair to him by giving him only five days within which to call witnesses from the over 1,400 poling units which in practical terms was impossible to be done.

“The tribunal laid foundation for its decision in my petition. There is a case of lack of fair hearing because I was not given enough time to call my witnesses to prove my case in the petition, so I will be in the Court of Appeal to challenge the tribunal’s decision
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/rivers-tribunal-upholds-senator-nwogo-others-victory/222725http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/rivers-tribunal-upholds-senator-nwogo-others-victory/222725/
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by opalu: 8:32am On Oct 15, 2015
Waooo
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by bonechamberlain(m): 8:32am On Oct 15, 2015
finally.
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by IVORY2009(m): 8:36am On Oct 15, 2015
Is okay.... heading der now!
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 15, 2015
I can see Ngeneukwu peeping !!! What a very terrible way to start the day for him grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:37am On Oct 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
I [s]can see Ngeneukwu peeping !!! What a very terrible way to start the day for him[/s] grin grin grin

I could remember ACN and Labour parties, all lost their senatorial cases in the Ekiti, Osun, Edo and Ondo respectively but went ahead and won the Governorship cases.

Governorship election tribunal is different from National assembly and State Assembly election tribunal.

So wait for Wike's Tribunal ruling, which must come before November 1st! Wike Cannot Survive!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:40am On Oct 15, 2015
Amaechi is already a minister of niger delta. He will deal with all dos stubborn niger delta miscrants. Destiny delayed does not mean destiny denied. Period.
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 15, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Amaechi is already a minister of niger delta. He will deal with all dos stubborn niger delta miscrants. Destiny delayed does not mean destiny denied. Period.
Minister ko Mini star ni!!!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by ELTON123(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
I can see Ngeneukwu peeping !!! What a very terrible way to start the day for him grin grin grin
HEHEHEgrin
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by Ezenwammadu(m): 8:45am On Oct 15, 2015
[quote author=NgeneUkwenu post=38999527][/quote]

Transgender must die of heart attack
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:45am On Oct 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Minister ko Mini star ni!!!
grin grin grin
yes, he is a mini star for now. But when he is confirmed, he will be mega star just like doro mega super star.
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 15, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
yes, he is a mini star for now. But when he is confirmed, he will be mega star just like doro mega super star.
Until then!!!
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by januzaj(m): 8:54am On Oct 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
Minister ko Mini star ni!!! grin grin grin
Amaechi is a minister already #FACTnotOPINION
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by GenbIoodykiller: 9:08am On Oct 15, 2015
IVORY2009 tongue
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 15, 2015
januzaj:
Amaechi is a minister already #FACTnotOPINION

Yes minister of Nkwobi and Isiewu
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by januzaj(m): 9:14am On Oct 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Yes minister of Niger delta
fixed
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by Frankiss44(m): 9:17am On Oct 15, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

I could remember ACN and Labour parties, all lost their senatorial cases in the Ekiti, Osun, Edo and Ondo respectively but went ahead and won the Governorship cases.

Governorship election tribunal is different from National assembly and State Assembly election tribunal.

So wait for Wike's Tribunal ruling, which must come before November 1st! Wike Cannot Survive!

You sabi console yourself sha... i have to give to u grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by kingdompropty: 9:50am On Oct 15, 2015
I have said it repeatedly APC is only viable in some sections of South West and core North, making it an Islamic Party.

Count SE and SS out.

If they appeal to the international court they will fail.
Re: Rivers Tribunal Upholds Senator Nwogo's,others Victory by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:56am On Oct 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
i thought he is a she?

(1) (Reply)

Apc Was A Better Opposition While Pdp Was A Better Ruling Party. / Cross River State Sponsored Calabar Carnival Bumper Raffle Draw...live Update!!! / Gov. Wike of Rivers State almost making the same mistakes of fmr gov. Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.