Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

EB Xclusive: Should I Tell My Best Friend??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / EB Xclusive: Should I Tell My Best Friend??? (1025 Views)

Should I Tell My Neighbour To Go & Do DNA Test On His Kids? / They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? / Tell My Husband To Return My Pants, Wife Begs Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EB Xclusive: Should I Tell My Best Friend??? by Esthersblog(f): 10:30am On Oct 15, 2015
An EB reader sent this email;

I have been reading the posts on your blog silently and I decided to share this with EB family. Keep up the good work.

My best friend and I have maintained our relationship for 20years now, we’ve been through thick and thin, ups and downs together over the years which is normal with friendship and we have always kept it going strong. Currently, we live in the same city which has made us even closer than before.

She got married Six years ago in 2009, and as God would have it, I got married in February this year *phew*. After a few months into my marriage, I found out I was pregnant with my first child, which is the best news ever for a lady in her late 30s, without any troubles. *I am the most happiest woman alive*.

The issue now is, my best friend who has been married for six years has not been able to conceive despite all she has done and tried to get pregnant. I know how she feels about not being able to conceive, the tears and pains we have shared together, problems arising from her in-laws, friends tagging her as being infertile and the likes of it you can possibly imagine that can be said and done to someone who has not been able to get pregnant almost six years in her marriage. I have always been there for her through it all and still is.

Now, I don’t know how she is going to feel when I tell her I am pregnant.

Is it advisable to tell her now or wait for the right time? Also, not forgetting that, there is always never a right time when it comes to pregnancy because the longer I wait, the symptoms starts to show and the belly gets bigger.

Your honest opinion counts…

www.esther.com.ng

Re: EB Xclusive: Should I Tell My Best Friend??? by micfoley: 10:32am On Oct 15, 2015
You should tell her. Also let her know she is in your prayers

2 Likes

Re: EB Xclusive: Should I Tell My Best Friend??? by ATMC(f): 10:38am On Oct 15, 2015
Say it casually. 'I may have to do PT, I missed my period but I'm not feeling pregnant' smiley

May God show her mercy.

1 Like

Re: EB Xclusive: Should I Tell My Best Friend??? by therealdeal10: 10:42am On Oct 15, 2015
Jst tell her cuz she'll eventually find out, since she's ur bf she shuld b hapi 4 u

Hers is on d way by God's Grace
Re: EB Xclusive: Should I Tell My Best Friend??? by TooNoisy(f): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2015
Tell her, if she is really your best friend, she will be happy for you. Don't worry, she will have lots of mixed emotions and possibly cry and ask God why she hasn't conceived, but you also need to be there for her to keep her strong because her time will come.

She got married six years before you, you were not jealous neither did it affect your friendship. So I do not think she should be jealous of you. Life is full of challenges and no one person has it easy in this world. Not even Dangote or Bill Gates, they have their challenges too.

You should tell her and not let her find out from another source. If she is truly your friend, she will rejoice with you, but you should also continue to encourage her. Her time will come.

1 Like

Re: EB Xclusive: Should I Tell My Best Friend??? by Esthersblog(f): 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2015
Thank you.

TooNoisy:
Tell her, if she is really your best friend, she will be happy for you. Don't worry, she will have lots of mixed emotions and possibly cry and ask God why she hasn't conceived, but you also need to be there for her to keep her strong because her time will come.

She got married six years before you, you were not jealous neither did it affect your friendship. So I do not think she should be jealous of you. Life is full of challenges and no one person has it easy in this world. Not even Dangote or Bill Gates, they have their challenges too.

You should tell her and not let her find out from another source. If she is truly your friend, she will rejoice with you, but you should also continue to encourage her. Her time will come.

(1) (Reply)

Sex:have You Been Caught In The Act Before? / Parents, Show More Appreciation To Teachers / What To Do When Wife Cannot Cook Better Food vs Husband Not Good Enough In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.