Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,621 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace (4340 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Army Shooting Of IPOB Members In Ekwulobia (Video) / Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / The Great Throne Of The Deji Of Akure Was Formerly Occupied By A Thug (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Remilekun101: 10:50am On Oct 15, 2015
This Is my Account:

Last week friday at Ilesha Garage a new Ibo boy brought from the village was rude to the chairman of association of spare parts seller (a Yoruba man). The chairman told gave him two weeks suspension not to come to the garage but he defied it by coming the next day (which was saturday), saying unprintable names to the chairman even to the point whereby a fight nearly escalated.
The chairman made a call to the palace to report what happened, then the king (Deji of Akure) sent some messengers to come and verify, right in front of the messengers a fight actually happened between the Yoruba's and some Ibo's..

By Monday morning the king sent a message that no shop should be opened at Ilesha garage and everybody including the Ibo's and The Yoruba's should show up at the palace, which was honoured by everyone including the Eze of the Ibo...

But where trouble started from was where the eze spoke unruly to the Deji after the Deji asked him to speak on the matter on ground saying:

" I just came here to advice you, if you like listen if you don't like don't listen; even i'm not supposed to be here because if you want to see me you have to book an appointment but because i'm travelling that is why i just said i should branch"

right after those words, the palace messengers wanted to descend on the Eze but the Deji warned them not too, He now asked the chiefs who made that Ibo man the King and at which palace; the High Chiefs replied that It was at the Deji's palace by the Former Deji (Three Deji's before this current Deji). Then the King(Deji) made a pronouncement that the man(Eze) should be stripped of his title, which was carried out immediately by removing his cap, walking stick, beads and shoes including his plate number and also asked to postrate as a sign of remorse and honour to king which he did grudging..

P:S Don't mind my English and Moreover I Have a shop at Ilesha Garage.. the King has made a pronouncement that all shops at Ilesha garage should be reopened but the Ibos are demanding that the king should reverse his statement about their estranged king or else the won't open till he does that. Thanks You angry

Pix of their king with his remorseful look

12 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by chocolateme(f): 10:51am On Oct 15, 2015
Ok.. It's true that the Eze spoke careless words to the king in the presence of the others which was disrespectful but how come the king has the right to strip that guy of his titles and stuff? These little issues are what can lead to a full blown tribal wars.

4 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by docmoses(m): 10:53am On Oct 15, 2015
grin
Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by IykeChukz(m): 10:56am On Oct 15, 2015
An account from a SW... Not surprised...

11 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 15, 2015
This is more believable. But.............

1 Like

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Musiwa419: 10:58am On Oct 15, 2015
season film
Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Remilekun101: 11:00am On Oct 15, 2015
IykeChukz:

But the incident happened in SE... Dumb Skull

28 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Remilekun101: 11:00am On Oct 15, 2015
victorels:
This is more believable. But.............

What? angry
Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by phemmyutd(m): 11:00am On Oct 15, 2015
Remilekun101:

My brother, those guys lack Charity jare

12 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by micfoley: 11:00am On Oct 15, 2015
Insightful. This matter should be handled delicately

2 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by shortgun(m): 11:01am On Oct 15, 2015
I think I believe u..but.....if truly the Eze spoke to the Deji in that manner then he is not fit to wear that crown.

Eze Igbo is just like a President of an association..he is not a traditional ruler or a king in the real sense.
They are not recognized in Igboland as kings.

I think they should not be wearing crowns and an Eze's Regalia and the title "Eze" should be removed completly because they are not kings.

But its not only Igbos that have kings outside their home states, in Abuja for instance there is a Sarki hausawa, a Yoruba king , a Gwari king and chiefs e.t.c

7 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by BOWOTO(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2015
ibos and their oversized ego!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Remilekun101: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2015
phemmyutd:

My brother, those guys lack Charity jare

Most of the Ibo boys here at Ilesha garage have calmed down, it is just their counterpart at different part of the town that are adding fire to the situation
Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 15, 2015
Remilekun101:

What? angry

what did the Royal Father said that made the Eze Igbo to react that way?

Igbo rulers are civil. They do not share crowd with public except on occassion. He do not have any right to be there unless they Igbos reported cases of marginalisation to him.
Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by omoelesa(m): 11:05am On Oct 15, 2015
Igbo will always be yebbow.How could u be that arrogant, in a place far away from Anambra or Imo?

5 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:06am On Oct 15, 2015
Remilekun101:
This Is my Account:

Last week friday at Ilesha Garage a new Ibo boy brought from the village was rude to the chairman of association of spare parts seller (a Yoruba man). The chairman told gave him two weeks suspension not to come to the garage but he defied it by coming the next day (which was saturday), saying unprintable names to the chairman even to the point whereby a fight nearly escalated.
The chairman made a call to the palace to report what happened, then the king (Deji of Akure) sent some messengers to come and verify, right in front of the messengers a fight actually happened between the Yoruba's and some Ibo's..

By Monday morning the king sent a message that no shop should be opened at Ilesha garage and everybody including the Ibo's and The Yoruba's should show up at the palace, which was honoured by everyone including the Eze of the Ibo...

But where trouble started from was where the eze spoke unruly to the Deji saying:

" I just came here to advice you, if you like listen if you don't like don't listen; even i'm not supposed to be here because if you want to see me you have to book an appointment but because i'm travelling that is why i just said i should branch"

right after those words, the palace messengers wanted to descend on the Eze but the Deji warned them not too, He now asked the chiefs who made that Ibo man the King and at which palace; the High Chiefs replied that It was at the Deji's palace by the Former Deji (Three Deji's before this current Deji). Then the King(Deji) made a pronouncement that the man(Eze) should be stripped of his title, which was carried out immediately by removing his cap, walking stick, beads and shoes including his plate number and also asked to postrate as a sign of remorse and honour to king which he did grudging..

P:S Don't mind my English and Moreover I Have a shop at Ilesha Garage.. the King has made a pronouncement that all shops at Ilesha garage should be reopened but the Ibos are demanding that the king should reverse his statement about their estranged king or else the won't open till he does that. Thanks You angry

What has the Deji done to the Sarkin Fulani whose brothers kidnapped Olu Falae?

12 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by ki02020(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2015
Am a yoruba guy but the story sound one-sided....a vedio record of the event will be the most convincing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Remilekun101: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2015
victorels:

what did the Royal Father said that made the Eze Igbo to react that way?

Igbo rulers are civil. They do not share crowd with public except on occassion. He do not have any right to be there unless they Igbos reported cases of marginalisation to him.

Nice Question i did say..... The Deji asked him to talk on the matter on ground
Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Remilekun101: 11:10am On Oct 15, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

What has the Deji done to the Sarkin Fulani whose brothers kidnapped Olu Falae?

I believe you haven't read in the in news where it has been said that 5 out of those guys have been arrested and the man (Chief Olu falae) has identified them to be the one

10 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by captainflash(m): 11:14am On Oct 15, 2015
Smh! still the same news. mtcheeew
Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by winniz: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2015
Believe this one sided crap at your own peril!

2 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by libertyfather(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2015
Do the Yorubas have such privilege to have an Oba or Baale in ibo kingdom? No offense jst asking cos I dunt knw

9 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Remilekun101: 11:21am On Oct 15, 2015
chocolateme:
Ok.. It's true that the Eze spoke careless words to the king in the presence of the others which was disrespectful but how come the king has the right to strip that guy of his titles and stuff? These little issues are what can lead to a full blown tribal wars.

Read again... The Eze was corona-ted at the Palace and according to Yoruba tradition, the King has right to do so

11 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:23am On Oct 15, 2015
IykeChukz:
Remilekun101 reporting for Sahara Reporters. Akure.
Remilekun101:
This Is my Account:
But where trouble started from was where the eze spoke unruly to the Deji after the Deji asked him to speak on the matter on ground saying:
IykeChukz:
Remilekun101 reporting for Sahara Reporters. Akure.
Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by jmoore(m): 11:24am On Oct 15, 2015
200 touts vs how many men?

Clap for yourself.

undecided
The law court is for what again, huh?

1 Like

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Remilekun101: 11:24am On Oct 15, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
Remilekun101 reporting for Sahara Reporters. Akure. Remilekun101 reporting for Sahara Reporters. Akure.

Lol.. U no well

1 Like

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by IykeChukz(m): 11:38am On Oct 15, 2015
[quote author=Remilekun101 post=39004395]

How dumb thou you to make me believe your one sided account flooded with sentiment...

Until we hear from both sides okay...
Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Remilekun101: 11:41am On Oct 15, 2015
[quote author=IykeChukz post=39005674][/quote]

[size=20pt]The first part is on Nairaland, where the eze was boasting that he was among those who made the present Deji a King.. What an arrogant man[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:41am On Oct 15, 2015
Remilekun101:

I believe you haven't read in the in news where it has been said that 5 out of those guys have been arrested and the man (Chief Olu falae) has identified them to be the one

Why did the Deji not order the cattle market shut and order the Sarkin Fulani to his palace?

1 Like

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by laurel03(m): 11:44am On Oct 15, 2015
Ibo must go will sweet past ghana must go... #awon olori pelebe
Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by Remilekun101: 11:44am On Oct 15, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Why did the Deji not order the cattle market shut and order the Sarkin Fulani to his palace?

It was a federal government case, because the man you are referring to here was once a minister.... and moreover the sarkin has never been rude to the deji on any occation

5 Likes

Re: Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:44am On Oct 15, 2015
Remilekun101:

Read again... The Eze was corona-ted at the Palace and according to Yoruba tradition, the King has right to do so

The traditional institutions of the host has nothing to do with who the Eze ndigbo in any town is. The Igbos select whoever they wish to be their Eze, so tge rant that a certain Deji installed the Eze igbo is a ruse. He may have been invited as a special guest to crown him but has nothing to do with his installation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti Election Rigging PHOTOS EXPOSED – (PHOTOS) / PDP Urges World Leaders To Advice APC On Credible Polls / Buhari Has Dementia And No Longer Recognizes People Even Oshiomhole - Dr Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.