Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination (2007 Views)

Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State / Ministerial Nominee, Babatunde Fashola’s CV / PDP Behind Economic Crisis In Osun – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination by stabillo(m): 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
A group within the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the State of Osun, the Reformers Group has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to withdraw the ministerial nominee for Osun, Prof. Isaac Adewole claiming that he is neither a native of the state nor a member of the party in the state.The group in a statement issued in the state capital, Osogbo stated that the UI Vice Chancellor's father is from ipole-Ekiti in Ekiti State and that he is only claiming to be from Ilesa where they settled gavebirth to him and he started his early education at Ilesa Grammar School, Ilesa.According to the statement, if the President insisted on treating the nominee as a candidate from the state, it would mean that Ekiti State will have the unfair advantage of having two Ministers while Osun will end up with nothing. Alluding further to this fact, the groupsaid when Prof Adewole was appointed the Vice Chancellor of University of Ibadan, Obas from his home town in Ekiti paid him a courtesy call rejoicing with their own for the enviable feat.Citing another reason why Prof Adewole should not be Osun Ministerial nominee, the group said what is good for the goose should be good for the gander. Even if Prof Adewole is from Osun state, he is from the same Local Government Area as Governor RaufAregbesola (Ilesa-East local government) and as such should be dropped the way the former nominee from Niger state Alhaji Musa Ibeto was dropped for coming from the same local government withNiger State Governor, Alhaji Sani Bello .The group claimed that if the Senate goes ahead to screen Prof Adewole, this would negate the principle of fair sharing as agreed by the founding fathers of the state and in line with the understanding among the party leadership. There are thirty local governments and an Area office spread across the three senatorial districts and it will be unfair for the Governor, Head of Service, Majority Leader of the State Assembly and now Minister to come from a local government while several others did not have a political appointee representing them.Also, the group claimed that from its findings prior to the mention ofthe Professor's name, he has never associated with the party, nor take part in any party activities known to any party members acrossthe state but was known to be a close ally of the President.It then urged the President Buhari to, in the interest of unity, growth and future success of the party in the state, replace the nominee with a party man and choose a man from another senatorial district in the state from the numerous capable hands to be nominated for the slot of the state but not from Osun East.The group cautioned the President from embarking on a plot that is capable of putting the state into crisis and crumble the party chances in future elections.The group added that if the president intends to compensate the professor for any service done him, it should not be to the detrimentof the state or the interest of the APC in the state while advising himto realize that APC is in power at the center today based on the commitment of party members in the state to defeat PDP at the August 2014 Governorship Election which gave our party the impetus that winning at the federal level is possible. Bringing a totalstranger that will not contribute anything to party growth and development will not be the best way to compensate our good deeds.The Governor of Osun Mr Rauf Aregbesola is also believed to be against the nomination of Prof Issac Adewole
https://mbasic.facebook.com/169435419876630/photos/a.169437666543072.1073741828.169435419876630/558767044276797/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5124967087

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination by ORACLE1975(m): 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2015
Good
Re: Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination by Katastrofy: 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2015
hmm
Re: Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination by 0taPiaPia(m): 4:12pm On Oct 15, 2015
theres always a story........
in other news... congratulations to me.. just finished my NYSC POP... Wish me well if u care.. cool

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination by folumiowon(m): 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
im no get family to clear this issue?
Re: Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination by Oluwafolahan: 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sometimes I wonder why it is so difficult to locate the right and seemingly uncontroversial ministerial candidate from Osun State. Anyway, click on this link to see what I wrote about a potential ministerial candidate from Osun State. https://www.facebook.com/fola.koledowo/posts/10153245278513366
Re: Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination by LastSurvivor: 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
d
Re: Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination by Oluwafolahan: 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
I just felt I should post the article here anyway. Kindly like, share and post your view on the facebook link. Thanks. Read the article below:

I saw the ministerial list and I thought ‘not one person with a clean slate of past public service records could be found in the whole of Osun State?’ Osun State has about 3.5 million population (2006 census). So, I decided to utilize this medium to recommend this one man who I can confidently vouch for has integrity and will definitely pass the corruption and accountability test, or any other test for that matter.
He is a seasoned land surveyor from Osogbo, the capital city of Osun State, who has served in many capacities including as Chairman, Caretaker Committee, Olorunda Local Government, Igbona, Osogbo (April 1994 to March 1996); Member, Board of Directors, of Osun State Investment Company (OSICOL) [August 1992 to December 1993]; co-opted member of the Technical Committee Working on Osun State Capital Territory (September 1991 to December 1991); and Chairman, Caretaker Committee, Osogbo Progressive Union (OPU), amongst others.
His appointments have included Chairman / Coordinator, National Forum of Local Government Chairmen (October 1994 to March 1996); Chairman / Coordinator, Forum of Osun State Local Government Chairmen (May 1994 to March 1996); Higher Technical Officer, Ministry of Works and Housing, Osogbo (January 1981 to May 1982); Technical Officer, Ministry of Works and Housing, Osogbo (March 1977 to December 1980); and many others.
Some of his many awards include Honorary Doctorate Degree in Public Administration by Bradley University, U.S.A. of Higher Intl. Inst. Inc. of Nigeria Governing Councils (September 1995); Local Government Chairman of the Year Award by Leaders and People (publishers of Frontliners) [1995]; The Best Local Government Chairman So Far by Oba-Oke Club ’94, Oba-Oke, Olorunda Local Government, Igbona, Osogbo (December 1995); Best Behaved Student for the Year 2000 by “Focus Communication”, The Official Magazine of Federal Survey School, Oyo. He is a Justice of the Peace of Osun State Nigeria.
Above are just a few of his achievements known to me. I am very certain that he has numerous others – right from his primary school days.
With respect to the politics of Osogbo and the State in general, I am very certain that telling the political history of the State will not be complete without mentioning his name and his constant selfless efforts. Even at the grassroots he is well recognized and respected for his truthfulness and straightforwardness. He is very hospitable and accommodating. He has been approached many times to contest for positions or even present/nominate candidates. A few of the currently serving public office holders owe the victory in the election that took them to their various offices to him – including at both the Federal and State levels. Also, the choice of the currently serving Deputy-Governor would not have been successful without him. You only need to ask him and he will tell you how politicians have always flown on his wings before and during election campaigns but quickly repeatedly forget him once they are elected. The gist is best heard directly from him.
On a personal note, this great man has taught and instilled in me many values including sincerity, being trustworthy and truthful, persistence in good doing (even in the face of oppositions), respect for constituted authorities (both religious and secular) as well as praying for leaders at the helm of affairs. I will certainly not be the person I am today, or be where I am, without him. He is my father and I am proud to say that he is my number one role model on this planet and I will recommend him as a role model to anyone especially in this present age we have found ourselves.
It is therefore without any reservation or hesitation that I recommend this man, Surv. (Dr.) Johnson Abisoye Koledowo, as a Minister from Osun State in ‪#‎PMB‬’s cabinet. I will also want to humbly request that #PMB go beyond party politics and god-fatherism in his consideration. On the other hand, past records, present record, effective management of public resources (funds and all) while in office, personal lifestyle, public/general acceptability and career pursuits (or should I say personal development) while out of public office should be the yardsticks. Certainly, I know Mr. President knows what to do.
At this point, I can only sit back, hope and pray that this piece gets Mr. President’s notice.
From a concerned Nigerian from Osun State.
Re: Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination by LastSurvivor: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
Will take them serious when they oppose Aregbesola non payment of civil servants salaries..
Re: Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination by Johnnyessence(m): 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
abegi jare if they don't want prof isaac they should hug transformer oooooooo. oyinlola is a thief and should be probe
Re: Ministerial Nominee: Osun APC Oppose Prof. Adewole's Nomination by chinchum(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Prof. Adewole is a yorubaman, that is all that matters . which mugu reformers group is that ?

(1) (Reply)

The Best Buhari Photoshop Picture. / Massive Heavy Uproar In Orlu As Masquerades Appear In Biafra Flag-pics / Dear Buhari, Change Does Not Begin With Me —E. A Aluzu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.