Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How Dasuki Plotted Second Coup D’état Against Me – Buhari By Amako Nneji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Dasuki Plotted Second Coup D’état Against Me – Buhari By Amako Nneji (477 Views)

How Dasuki Arrested Buhari In 1985 & Destroyed His 1st Marriage / How Dasuki Claimed To Have Spent The Looted Fund - Photo / How Dasuki Aided Importation Of Illegal Arms Into Nigeria – NATFORCE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Dasuki Plotted Second Coup D’état Against Me – Buhari By Amako Nneji by FANGC: 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari, Thursday, said that the Former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki during the 2015 Presidential Campaign hatched a plot to overthrow him by deploying the entire machinery and security apparatus of the state against him.

Speaking, through his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu at the Red Media Summit in Lagos, Buhari stated that that he won the election despite the conspiracy of the African Independent Television, AIT, and Nigeria Television Authority against him.

Buhari had used the Department of State Security Service, DSS, to invade the residences Dasuki on the allegations of illegal possession of firearms and treasonable felony.

The invasion of his residence was connected to the role Dasuki played in the coup that kicked Buhari out of power in 1985.

Dasuki, who was removed from office by Buhari in response, had said that he helped the Buhari’s All Progressives Congress, APC-led government to power.

He said the government is now desperate to nail him for unclear reasons

“I was fair to all as NSA. Even when I had security cause to act on some issues, inflammatory comments and actions against the government of the day by those in the opposition, I exercised restraint. I did not restrict anyone’s movement, I never asked security agents to occupy anybody’s house.”
Before the May 29 inauguration, he reportedly barred the AIT from covering his activities.

Speaking further Shehu said; “Muhammadu Buhari’s goodwill greetings to you is on account of the fact that he won an election that many people think he was not going to win.

“Americans say that elections are won on the dollar. It’s very improbable that anybody can win an election without money. We didn’t have advertising money on our campaign. Even when we had little money to spend on advertising, the Nigerian Television Authority was not making available to us slots, neither was AIT.
“I remember on a particular night I called NTA, they had 16 slots of one minute adverts and I said I wanted to buy one minute for the Buhari campaign, they said all 16 had been sold. Read more; http://www.post-nigeria.com/how-dasuki-plotted-second-coup-detat-against-me-buhari/

(1) (Reply)

Quotes Of The Day For Biafrans / Amosun, Dangote, Legislators, Storm Oronna Ilaro Festival 2015 / Supporters Of APC Governorship Candidate Of Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.