Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

How To Be A Nigerian Undercover Writer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Be A Nigerian Undercover Writer (878 Views)

UNDERCOVER MAID - A Short Fictional Story By Umar Yusuf. / Chronicles Of Lily; The Undercover Overlover. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be A Nigerian Undercover Writer by ekwurekwu(m): 3:11am On Oct 16, 2015
You are a writer or an aspiring journalist. If you listen carefully, what about to tell you will blow you. Yes, your name will keep ringing a bell. The money will keep rolling in once you can keep up with the job. You must understand instead of you waiting for the royalties of a book you wrote, you can earn double of the royalties. While you keep it as your retirement savings.

There are many witches out there that will surely truncate your hustles. They are so bent in making sure nothing best comes out of your new found darling job. Don't worry, the earlier the better. We will avoid them in every angle even if it entails visiting TB Joshua.

Nigeria faces hell of problems. You already know that. I'm not trying to tell you to buy one of the problems. It will consume you and none will recall even when you were born. These problems range from kidnapping, Boko Haram, Armed Robbery, MEND, OPC, MTN, Pipeline Vandalism, Religion, Human Trafficking, Corruption, Mama Peace (Please don't ask me when this has come to be a problem) etc. These are few known problems of this country. Don't waste your time trying to pokenose into any of these. Nigerians and the entire world won't listen to you. As far as they know, these are bona fide citizens of the country.

Look at some areas which nobody has dared or those that tried ended up woefully. It's not to your portion to fail. Don't mind village witches, they are already failing. Now, you've known which area you will beam your searchlight on, cool. No, I didn't advice you to embark on a journey. It is too dangerous. We are in a computer age. You shouldn't risk your life because Nigerians are so quick to forget heros. Thank God for Google, Facebook, Twitter. Also, create a blog, yes you need where you 'paste' your research materials. Make your researches in these places and stay off the public for three months. No friend or close relative of yours should know of your aspirations. They might be advocates of witches. Your dreams will be killed before arrival.

You should come up with a nicest story ever written. Don't paint it with too many lies. You have to spice it up with things even those that didn't read, but were told about your ordeal will feel for you. Pa Ikhide and co will nail it dead though none of them writes or will they make to embark on the journey which you staked your life on. Haters will hate. Just move on with your life. Write on how you were fed with rotten food filled with maggots. You were beaten with iron rods (You can pierce some parts of your body. Fame is hard to come by). Give your audience some relief, tell of how you wanted to fall in love with one of the tormentors. Your rescue shouldn't be in Nigeria. It should somewhere in Somali. Yes, you ought to bring a white person in the picture, an international media guru. You know, you are writing so you don't go and contact a wrong 'white' person. Now, your story is ready. Serve it while it's hot while your haters will have no other option than to go and hug transformer. Give it time and your awards will start rolling in.
https://www.ekwurekwu./2015/10/16/how-to-be-a-nigerian-undercover-writer/

Lalasticlala come and see
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Undercover Writer by nairalandmaster(f): 3:12am On Oct 16, 2015
nice post
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Undercover Writer by nairalandmaster(f): 3:13am On Oct 16, 2015
well composed. nice info op
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Undercover Writer by ekwurekwu(m): 3:14am On Oct 16, 2015
nairalandmaster:
nice post
Thanks
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Undercover Writer by thebestonearth(m): 3:14am On Oct 16, 2015
op you are so on point.
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Undercover Writer by ekwurekwu(m): 3:16am On Oct 16, 2015
thebestonearth:
op you are so on point.
thanks for reading
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Undercover Writer by fromnigeria(m): 3:19am On Oct 16, 2015
ekwurekwu:
thanks for reading
Keep your appreciation bro they didnt read a line of it
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Undercover Writer by ekwurekwu(m): 3:26am On Oct 16, 2015
fromnigeria:

I know. Make e no be say I no tell dem 'thank' you.
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Undercover Writer by fromnigeria(m): 4:02am On Oct 16, 2015
ekwurekwu:
I know. Make e no be say I no tell dem 'thank' you.
lol

(1) (Reply)

Creative Writing Competition Alert! / My Night With A Blogger (part 2) / If You Believe You Know English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.