Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari (1118 Views)

Jigawa Residents Receive N5000 Promised By Buhari During 2015 Campaign / Prominent Nigerians Plotting ‘civilian Coup’ Against Buhari – Groups / How Plans To Kidnap Attahiru Jega During 2015 Election Failed – Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by gratiaeo(m): 6:25am On Oct 16, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday revealed how many Nigerians and some media outfits tried to scuttle his march to Aso Rock.
He described the postponement barely 10 days to the poll as one of the many plots by former president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and his agents against him.
The election which was originally scheduled for February 14, was shifted to March 28 ostensibly to give the Army enough time to tackle the Boko Haram insurgents in the North-east and for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) the opportunity to distribute the Permanent Voters Card (PVC).
But Shehu said the shift was actually a ploy to rig the election in favour of then incumbent and a coup against Buhari
He specifically named the then National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki as one of the masterminds of the several plots or “coup” against him.
The President who spoke during the Red Media Summit in Lagos yesterday restated his gratitude to Nigerians for his victory, which he said occurred against all odds.
Represented by Garba Shehu, his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Buhari said he won the election despite the use of state forces against him.
“Americans say that elections are won on the dollar. It’s very improbable that anybody can win an election without money. We didn’t have advertising money on our campaign. Even when we had little money to spend on advertising, the Nigerian Television Authority was not making available to us slots, neither was AIT.
“I remember on a particular night I called NTA, they had 16 slots of one minute adverts and I said I wanted to buy one minute for the Buhari campaign, they said all 16 had been sold.
“Some other instances that exposed the partisan nature of the NTA. Money was returned to us, from AIT money was returned to us. They simply won’t advertise for us.”
Shehu expressed the presidency’s gratitude to Statecraft, an arm on The Red Media, for “selling an unlikely candidate to a very skeptical nation.”
“The day there was a security siege at my home, I woke up to see that my house had been surrounded by armed policemen in the course of the campaign. In fact it was the cocking of their guns that rose me and my family members from our sleep. Only to discover that tens of policemen, police vehicles, and some other unidentified vehicles darkened our windows around my home.
“The first thing I did was to say ‘Who will help me out of this situation?’ I needed to expose what was going on, and the‎ first man I reached was Adebola Williams of Statecraft. Adebola began to announce on Facebook and Twitter from that moment until the security elements realized that the whole world was looking at what they were doing, because I remained indoors throughout the siege.
“Of course it was much later that we came to know why they had come. Even the APC Presidential Campaign was penetrated by fifth columnists, and I will make this confession, because a day before that siege we had had a meeting with the security committee at which we agreed that we were going to run a story announcing that the National Security Adviser at that time, Mr. Sambo Dasuki, was staging a second coup d’etat against Muhammadu Buhari.
“The former National Security Adviser was involved in a coup that threw out Muhammadu Buhari as military president in 1984.
“This time around, all the things that followed, the postponement of the election on account of this and that and a lot of the thinking of the campaign was that this was yet another coup being hatched by the National Security Adviser and we eventually discovered that this siege on our homes was to pre-empt the story.”
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/coup-against-me-during-2015-elections-buhari/
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Realsufi: 6:26am On Oct 16, 2015
Hmmmm Nothing to comment
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Horlaidex(m): 6:26am On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

After he has won and installed 5 months down the line where is the promised change? Boko haram keeps bombing on daily basis, the economy is becoming comatose!!! This is certainly not what we were promised during the campaigns.

Rome wasn't built in a day bro

1 Like

Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 16, 2015
Coup against a presidential candidate!! Shebi when we say he is dullard people think we are just calling him names!!! That is just what he is.Anyway thanks for revealing that the ransacking of the ex-NSA's house was just sheer vendetta.
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by pet4ril(f): 6:32am On Oct 16, 2015
Thank God for the victory. ...I don't believe somethings from that NTA and AIT again. ...imagine we agreed with them to cover us on a protest in abuja but they disappointed us and announced a day to the protest that we said we ve postponed the protest because they were been bribed.... what a world
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Mixty: 6:33am On Oct 16, 2015
PMB is one of the most inconsistent leaders I know. Today, he would praise GEJ as the hero of democracy for handing over. Next day, he would villify GEJ through one of his mouthpieces.
That was how he spent 4 months to get ministers and couldn't still get it right. He forwarded Ibeto's name and withdrew it a few days later. What a back flip!

I prefer PMB to GEJ. However, the old man is gradually becoming more and more inconsistent!
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 16, 2015
pet4ril:
Thank God for the victory. ...I don't believe somethings from that NTA and AIT again. ...imagine we agreed with them to cover us on a protest in abuja but they disappointed us and announced a day to the protest that we said we ve postponed the protest because they were been bribed.... what a world
After he has won and installed 5 months down the line where is the promised change? Boko haram keeps bombing on daily basis, the economy is becoming comatose!!! This is certainly not what we were promised during the campaigns.
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Firefire(m): 6:35am On Oct 16, 2015
This old man should face his duty and stop whining.
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by lincolnj88: 6:39am On Oct 16, 2015
Coming from a culpriit of coup
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by IVORY2009(m): 6:39am On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

chukwudi~ relax change is coming, its a gradual process... You are too despirate.
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by gratiaeo(m): 6:40am On Oct 16, 2015
When is this nonsensical president going to settle down for work?
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by opalu: 6:41am On Oct 16, 2015
Let me deviate from the topic:

The Igbo people who can handle this nation very well if given the chance are: Dr Oby Ezekwesili, Dr Ogbonanya Onu, Owelle Rochas and Dr Ngige.

Buhari is doing a sytemic cleansing correcting all the mess instituted by leaders of his generation. Thereafter any of these I mentioned can come on stage. My view sha
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by IykeChukz(m): 6:46am On Oct 16, 2015
Am Sahara Reporters said to GEJ "No Vacancy"

Please, let's bury the hatchet...
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Legitbaba(m): 6:47am On Oct 16, 2015
Who cares sef.....Can we just move on?? APC would hv don worse as a rulling party if PDP was d opposition at dat time, especially with d likes of Lai nd Oshiomole leading d lines..
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Olamipapa(m): 6:48am On Oct 16, 2015
Buhari! That was politics. As was it in military era, so it is in democracy era.
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 16, 2015
Buhari is so childish to politics. Now he has won let him close down NTA and setup TVC as national station
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by ellabooz(f): 6:53am On Oct 16, 2015
This one na president?
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by pet4ril(f): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

have you ever held a post maybe primary /sec school? What was the position and did you find it easy, were you able to do all what was expected from you? My dear, leadership is not easy
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2015
Mixty:
PMB is one of the most inconsistent leaders I know. Today, he would praise GEJ as the hero of democracy for handing over. Next day, he would villify GEJ through one of his mouthpieces.
That was how he spent 4 months to get ministers and couldn't still get it right. He forwarded Ibeto's name and withdrew it a few days later. What a back flip!

I prefer PMB to GEJ. However, the old man is gradually becoming more and more inconsistent!
Ashawo boy,what do you know about Politics?....
So you have the guts to mention me yesterday?
Anyway,Flips is feeling the heat...
2 outta 3 of his topics are down(removed)....hahaha
When I am done with flips,mixty gonna be next...
Mixty gonna feel the heat pretty soon.
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Flips: 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2015
akthedream:

Ashawo boy,what do you know about Politics?....
So you have the guts to mention me yesterday?
Anyway,Flips is feeling the heat...
2 outta 3 of his topics are down(removed)....hahaha
When I am done with flips,mixty gonna be next...
Mixty gonna feel the heat pretty soon.
See the cry baby....I dealt with you heavily yesterday.
Pained fool. You couldn't take the heat.
You had to yell to the mods to HELP HELP HELP grin grin
I feel pity for you. You are crushed, yelling to the Nairaland management to save you from drowning.
Don't cross my path ever again...if not more damage awaits! cool
Peace.....

Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
Flips:

See the cry baby....I dealt with you heavily yesterday.
Pained fool. You couldn't take the heat.
You had to yell to the mods to HELP HELP HELP grin grin
I feel pity for you. You are crushed, yelling to the Nairaland management to save you from drowning.
Don't cross my path ever again...if not more damage awaits! cool
Peace.....
Omg!...very very pained.
Well,you caused it...
Move on with your life....enjoy!

Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by ChelseaDr(m): 6:45pm On Oct 19, 2015
"He who is consistently inconsistent is consistent in inconsistency".... ChelseaDr

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: See How Nigerian Army Ran Away From Protesting Biafrans / AGF Is Biased, In His Pronouncement On Kogi Ekections / See How Boko Haram Are Killing Our Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.