Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,752 members, 7,840,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce (28441 Views)

Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) / Offa Bank Robbery: Police Arrest Seven Suspects / Ikirun-Osun Bank Robbery: Police Arrest 4 Suspects (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 16, 2015
tobimillar:
There is a big institutional problem with Nigeria. Why can't this guys sync for the common good of Nigerian. And with all the police divisional headquarters around festac, why can't SARS go there to fight? Na poor niggar wey dey smoke igbo dem sabi arrest. Idiots.
you dey mind them; we are just deceiving ourselves in this country, if you dey travel all of them go dey road, navy, police, mopol, custom, airforce, civil defence military etc now gbege don burst dem come remember who get sea and who get land but to harass civilians no dey hard any of them. Rubbish! hypocrisy won't let people accept the truth even when its right before us

2 Likes

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by FirstCounsel(m): 11:03am On Oct 16, 2015
I still repeat. If the Police Divisional Command and Area E command BOTH in Festac couldn't deploy immediately to rout a few rag tag gun men, then too bad
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 16, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:
silly excuse. na airforce excuse worse pass. so because you are to defend our territory and robbery no be territorial crisis, you then decide not to honour the SOS call. PMB, I think the sacking needs to continue.
So NN, NIGERIA Airforce should fight Boko Haram, militants, massob, pirates and Arm robbers what's the function of Nigeria police to collect 50 naira and to kill civilians
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by FirstCounsel(m): 11:10am On Oct 16, 2015
meforyou1:
do u think u know about the Nigerian Army more than me?
Are you a soldier? This is a face less forum. We can meet to identify ourselves privately and you might be pleasantly surprised
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by hotice01: 11:16am On Oct 16, 2015
Etizz:
Let's be frank, the police can not do everything, now they went through the water, and it's obvious that there is a force that has d responsibility of that, I see no reason why the Navy and airforce shy away their responsibility,..... I strongly luv the truth, and the truth is dat, our so called Navy and airforce are absolutely doing nothing in our country, and they receive huge amount of money monthly........ It's sad.
Sorry bro but it's obvious you know nothing about the workings of the military.if only you know how many of them have sacrificed their lives this few months.
The truth is even if robbers are operating opposite a military formation,they will never engage them without clearance.For it bullet shot without clearance,the soldier stands to face court martial.That's why they don't shoot indiscriminately.
NPF is a huge joke.

FYI other ranks(low ranking personnels in the military) are paid peanuts even their gratuity is nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by hotice01: 11:21am On Oct 16, 2015
FirstCounsel:

Sir you obviously don't understand the operational mode of the military. No officer in command of troops would deploy them without authorization from senior commanding officers who in turn must have cleared with their respective Chiefs at Abuja. You want them to be court martialed? You need to understand how coups started in the past to understand that there are tough restrictions on matters like this. Mind you I KNOW what I am saying
Spot on Bro,most peeps don't understand the operational modes of the military.
This development shows the crass incompetence of the NPF

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by dwana91(m): 11:22am On Oct 16, 2015
Soknown:
Thank you, that is what I wanted to say. NPF has a hanger in the Local airport and they do have choppers but the big question is do they have pilots trained in combat flight or air reconnaissance or whatever.
Yep trained for collecting ROGER and ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE.
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by hotice01: 11:25am On Oct 16, 2015
Etizz:

Alright sir, thanks for enlighten me, but seriously, those airforce don't fly, I think they should patrol by flying round their vicinity in case of emergency like dat, how many times have u seen airforce in the air? Is dat, they don't usually have work dat involves flying? OK, now they have bin called up on, I think the commanding officer u are talking about is aware of the case, why not issue or authorize them to go after dem, or is it not the country they are protecting? Sir, I may not know much though. Thanks
NAF serves to protect our territorial airspace from EXTERNAL aggression.They cannot waste resources to do the job of the corruption incompetent NPF.
if u want to see them fly kindly visit NE.

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by hotice01: 11:28am On Oct 16, 2015
meforyou1:
what do you mean? Is armed robbery not a crime worthy of Airforce attention? Watch 9/11 documentary. When about 2 or 3 aircrafts were missing, an airport officer phoned the military and told them that civil aviation suspects a missing plane was high jacked and was heading to Washington and asked them to scramble jet bombers. They did that immediately. they did not wait for authorization from the commander in chief or from the chairman joint chiefs of staff. Difficult situations deserve quick thinking.

The word "HIJACKED" and the sentence "Heading to Washington(capital) signifies external aggression.Falls clearly under their jurisdiction.

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 11:29am On Oct 16, 2015
hope you people will not later blame Man O War. grin
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by Onegai(f): 11:34am On Oct 16, 2015
modath:

See my babe ooo cheesy , how are you & princess.....

What do you call counties in the US? They are local govt & the reason our local govts are not functioning is cos the kind of Governance we practise, everything is centralized, but when power is divested from the centre, you'll see a difference...

How do you expect a guy that grew up in bukuru jos to know the ways to police in Ila orangun Oyoo state

Best police practice starts from the local govts, you have you have west hollywood police unit, before LAPD before you now talk about FBI stationed in California..

grin come and carry madam, I want a refund back on the past 1 year (preg+ baby). How's your boy?

I know we have counties but the truth is, LGs don't function in Nigeria. I knew the past LGC of Festac (a young man) and he too was just as bad as older predecessors (Corruption is too ingrained in our culture). Half the roads and amenities we complain we lack is supposed to be provided by local govts. Imagine if they add security to their portfolios, they will use police to do even worse while still not providing security.

Every sensible idea always has k-leg in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by virginchaser(m): 11:38am On Oct 16, 2015
Lagos command should seek training from Phc command.
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by fortune1968: 11:44am On Oct 16, 2015
blame late dsp alamiaseigha for not sharing his loot wt d police to buy good equipment ;Dblame late dsp alamiaseigha for not sharing his loot wt d police to buy good equipment
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by Godyke(m): 11:50am On Oct 16, 2015
This issue is more serious than the way we are seeing it. It is much more than passing blames or determining whose responsibility it is to respond in a situation like this.

This goes to show we do not have a dependable defence system. Which means you and I are not safe from external agression if an important state like Lagos is attacked from within or without.

This is of the main reasons why the nation's capital have to be moved from Lagos situated at the edge of the country to a more centralized and secure Abuja.

Some persons are just wastefully paid to do thier job.
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by modath(f): 11:57am On Oct 16, 2015
Onegai:

grin come and carry madam, I want a refund back on the past 1 year (preg+ baby). How's your boy?

I know we have counties but the truth is, LGs don't function in Nigeria. I knew the past LGC of Festac (a young man) and he too was just as bad as older predecessors (Corruption is too ingrained in our culture). Half the roads and amenities we complain we lack is supposed to be provided by local govts. Imagine if they add security to their portfolios, they will use police do even worse while still not providing security.

Every sensible idea always has k-leg in Nigeria.

The boy is straight up balling mehn, wink we thank God.. thx.

The local govt policing is not predicated on our present system, I'm talking after a sanitation of the system.

It will be suicide to start that without policy in place, that will just be giving the LGC a private army.. cheesy

Law enforcement is too far from the people & there is nothing as stupid as posting someone to an area he just can't speak a word of the local language...

One day, we go grow pass this...

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by Owiii(m): 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
geesilver:

The last time i check,i am aware that the police has 5 helicopters parked in Abuja. So why blame the Navy and Airforce for your incompetence?

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/festac-robbery-police-shifts-blame-to-navy-airforce/222868/

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by Btruth: 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
I've never heard of Navy or Air force combating a robbery case within their nations before. Police should have all departments to combating crime within a nation, not calling the help of the like of Army, Air force and Navy to come and do their dirty jobs.

Police should have choppers, boats and other things they will need to protect the citizens of her nation. Though, they will be trained under the supervision of Navy and Air force.

We never expect to put a distress call to the police and them on the other hands are putting a distress call to Navy and Air force, it shows that they are not capable of protecting the citizens of the nation.

If they have choppers and boats on ground that are not working, they better service them, and continue training with them, because, water robbery or escaping through the water is becoming rampart this days.

God will continue to endowed His wisdom to all our leaders in this country.

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by 400billionman: 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
Shame on Nigerian police..

They should have helicopters. Search/rescue and light ammunition.
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by 400billionman: 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:
silly excuse. na airforce excuse worse pass. so because you are to defend our territory and robbery no be territorial crisis, you then decide not to honour the SOS call. PMB, I think the sacking needs to continue.

Countering that robbery incident is purely police work..

Abroad, police have speed boats and helicopters. Lagos police are not serious. People like fashola be developing Eko atlantic city when the old lagos city lacks security.

And this is not the first incident this year. So they wont express surprise.

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by bobochem: 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
belated story.after d deed has be done flimsy excuses will never b accepted.naija polices are useless and highly incompetent fellows.
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by 400billionman: 12:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
meforyou1:
So airforce wants nigeria police to get clearance from airforce headquarters in abuja before the engage armed robbers in festac town lagos. This country is a joke

Airforce can act on ground if they run into robbers but they cannot fly their helicopter without clearance.
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by Bluffly: 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
What a shame. The police boss that made this blame must be lame. What happened to the Anti-Robbery squad of the NPF? what of the Mopos? The NPF should move to equip themselves.
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by linearity: 1:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
meforyou1:
So airforce wants nigeria police to get clearance from airforce headquarters in abuja before the engage armed robbers in festac town lagos. This country is a joke

Air Force, Navy and Army are constitutionally band from operating within the territories of Nigeria unless they receive Authorization to do so.

This is the job of this police and they should be ashamed for passing the blame here.

2 Likes

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by Dadehmola: 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
Y'all blaming the NPF should beat it Abeg..

Last time I checked, all branches in the military have a special unit code named OP-MESA designated to help assist in fighting crime in Lagos state.
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by mildflame: 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
As I de write dis about 5 helicopters don go round town in less than 90mins. FESTAC police nia him USELESS pass 4d world, dem only know how 2de follow up YAHOO YAHOO BOYS for their own percentage.
Dem never see robbery b4 na only AJEBUTTER case dem de handle 4dat station

2 Likes

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by shollydee(m): 1:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
Nigeria police shame unto you for blaming your incompetent on navy and the airforce. wetin do your helicopters and your boat or have you sold them all. armed robbers go rob for hours una no go come until dey carry money run. yeye nigeia police

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
soon they would start blaming the common man on the street for their fvck ups.
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by MayhorE(m): 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
This is nonsense, y do people lyk digging out cured wound, after all the atrocities dat FESTAC caused, u ar still blaming each other for robbery, shame on u
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by zicoraads: 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
Was Jonathan in Lagos? undecided
Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by loganx: 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
our police needs training on Special Weapons And Tactics and they also need funding.
Most importantly, they need special training for Snipers squad, either in the US, China or Russia.
afterwards, get a fully ready SWAT team in each area command across the country.
Purchase and place an Helicopter with night vision and infrared for each senatorial constituency (there are about 3 in each state).
The helicopters will always be on standby to airlift SWAT in to combat zones during robbery attacks.
Snipers will be dropped off on roof tops of buildings around attack perimeter.
Snipers will provide cover for SWAT approaching attack zone
use major cities as pioneers and testing for this project.
An average fully loaded combat ready Police Helicopter cost about $7m.
And don't forget to increase their salaries and provide decent accommodation, welfare, basic and decent education for their kids, good retirement package. spend pretty decent money to get pretty decent results.
The SWAT and Helicopters will also be used in chasing Robbers on highways at a very safe altitude giving the SWAT on ground information about the robbers maneuvering.
Take away AK47 from policemen roaming about killing innocent citizens, the best a policeman could move around with is a handgun, except on a special mission to engage fully armed criminals.
I really don't understand what our government and security operatives are doing
solving problems is not rocket science, it is common sense

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by zicoraads: 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:

Am not defending the NPF, they also gave a silly excuse, but that of the NAF is worse, their rule is not cast on stone. They could have honoured the call and stop those bandits, then we address the ineptitude of the police force later. Are soldiers meant for election, don't you see them during that period, how about subsidy saga.
In the face of death/illegal act, stop it anyway, in as much as the cost will not be more than benefits.
The developed country you cited is up to the task, Nigeria as it is, is not up to. Do you know there is no military in Costa Rica, and it's even forbidden for any House to try enact such law, yet there is crime and they are curtailing it their own way. We are not Americans, British, Ghanaians but We are Nigerians and we need a Nigeria solution. Thanks.
Oga do you even know what you are saying? Soldiers during elections were deployed by their commanders on the orders of the C in C.

The military command is structured. We have units and commanders. The commanders receive orders to deploy their boys from the GOCs. The GOCs cannot give the order unless the CDS or COAS gives the order. An order that can only come from Abuja.

The military do not deploy simply because the police has asked for help. During the Sharia riots in Kaduna, people were slaughtered for awhile before the military received signals to deploy. And that was after the then governor of Kaduna called and asked for military assistance. I believe the GOC too would have called Abuja to table the Governor's request. And all this while, people were being killed. The police know all these. They know the military wouldn't have deployed simply because a robbery was ongoing. If they wanted help, they should have called Ambode, who would have made frantic calls to make it happen.

Any officer who would have dared to act on the police request could have risked a court martial and probably dismissal or worse, death.

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Robbery: Police Shifts Blame To Navy, Airforce by geesilver(m): 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
OLUWAFUNMISE:
hope you people will not later blame Man O War. grin
they will soon get to that even boy scout.......useless mofos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shrine Destroyed As Cultists Surrender Weapons And Charms In Rivers. Photos / Customs Officer, Comfort Alaba, Kidnapped At Gun Point In Festac, Lagos / Housemaid Maltreated In Lagos, Fingers Wounded (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.