Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

How I Lobbied HID To Make Awo Work For Me — Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Lobbied HID To Make Awo Work For Me — Gowon (673 Views)

Peace Corps: "We Only Lobbied Senators, We Didn’t Bribe Them" / Breaking News...Governor Lobbied For Vice President Post While Buhari Was Away / How I Lobbied HID To Make Awo Work For Me — Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lobbied HID To Make Awo Work For Me — Gowon by Dotng: 11:43am On Oct 16, 2015
How I lobbied HID to make Awo work for me — Gowon

By Daud Olatunji
ABEOKUTA—Former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon (retd), yesterday, disclosed how he lobbied the matriarch of Awolowo family, late Mrs. HID Awolowo to convince her husband to serve as federal commissioner for finance and vice president of the Federal Executive Council under his administration during the civil war.
Gowon, who ruled Nigeria between 1966 and 1975 ,however, urged Nigerians to be patient with their leaders, describing the country ”as most difficult to govern.”

The former Head of State, who is the Chairman of Obafemi Awolowo foundation led his team which comprises former World Court Judge, Bola Ajibola, Professor Emeritus, Oladipo Akinkugbe and Afenifere chieftains Ayo Adebanjo’and Sir Olanihun Ajayi, among others to Awolowo family’s house in Ikenne, Ogun State over the death of HID Awolowo.

Gowon, who spoke on behalf of other members eulogised the late Mama HID Awolowo for her role in his government, saying, he had to lobby her to convince her husband to serve under him.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/how-i-lobbied-hid-to-make-awo-work-for-me-gowon/
Re: How I Lobbied HID To Make Awo Work For Me — Gowon by chosen04(f): 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
How come that Otapiapia drunkard comes to mind each time i hear of AWO or HIV, sorry HID?
Re: How I Lobbied HID To Make Awo Work For Me — Gowon by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
"this m a d Gowon should go and save his people from the hands of the fu la nis, he's nothing but a coward. He should be hanged for committing genocide, but he's roaming about forming elderstateman".
Re: How I Lobbied HID To Make Awo Work For Me — Gowon by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Go On With One Nigeria (GOWON)

If we must GOWON, there must be equity and fairness in all appointment.

Please tell Mr President to consider the Youth, not all youths are visionless and without character. Let's learn along with the leaders.

There should be POLITICAL LEADERSHIP INTERNSHIP
Re: How I Lobbied HID To Make Awo Work For Me — Gowon by sammyj: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Oga gan . Lobbied imagine and some ignoramus will come here to say trash about our Amiable intelligent Awolowo !!!
Re: How I Lobbied HID To Make Awo Work For Me — Gowon by chosen04(f): 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
sammyj:
Oga gan . Lobbied imagine and some ignoramus will come here to say trash about our Amiable intelligent Awolowo !!!
.....So at your age you still believe the rants of Gowon? Same man that said that their problem as niGERians wasnt how to make money but how to spend it and yet failed to spend the billions the Zoo made then in the right infrastructures?
Re: How I Lobbied HID To Make Awo Work For Me — Gowon by sammyj: 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
grin shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin
chosen04:
.....So at your age you still believe the rants of Gowon? Same man that said that their problem as niGERians wasnt how to make money but how to spend it and yet failed to spend the billions the Zoo made then in the right infrastructures?
Re: How I Lobbied HID To Make Awo Work For Me — Gowon by Leopardd(m): 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
sammyj:
grin shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin

Small kolo don grab my Bobo.

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Is Now A Sexually Transmitted Disease. / Future Of Nigeria :gowon Warns Of Looming Danger / Photo: Most Hilarious Comment About Chelsea Fc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.