Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,796 members, 7,837,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan (497 Views)

Expect More Good Works From Me – Jonathan Tells Nigerians / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Jonathan Doesn’t Have Money — Alamieyeseigha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan by alcmene: 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
Former President Goodluck Jonathan almost broke down in tears on Friday over the death of a former Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha.

Jonathan in an emotional voice said he remained indebted to Alamieyeseigha, noting that without the former governor nobody would have known him in the world.

Lamenting the sudden demise of Alamieyeseigha, the ex-president said he had lost an elder brother.

Jonathan, who started his political journey by serving as Alamieyeseigha’s deputy from 1999 to 2005, said he was saddened by the unexpected demise of his former boss.

The former president spoke when he paid a condolence visit to the family of Alamieyeseigha at their residence in Opolo, Yenagoa.

In his entourage were the Governor of the state, Mr. Seriake Dickson, his deputy, John Jonah, Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Edmund Allison-Oguru, other officials of government and elder statesmen.

Alamieyeseigha’s widow, Margaret, on sighting Jonathan broke down in tears and wept uncontrollably.

Jonathan said his relationship with Alamieyeseigha was not that of a governor and a deputy governor but that of an elder brother and a younger brother.

He said: “It is sad. I directly worked as a deputy governor to Alamieyeseigha. I knew Alamieyeseigha during the UNCP days when we were working for him.

“I never knew I was going to be his deputy because that was not my interest then. From that time, the political evolution in the country and the state brought me to work with him.

“And from 1999, we have been together. He always took me as his younger brother. Our relationship was not that of a governor and a deputy but it was that of a younger brother and an elder brother.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/without-alamieyeseigha-nobody-would-have-known-me-jonathan/
Re: Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan by myqel(m): 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
Yeah
Re: Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan by alcmene: 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
Humble and honest men do not forget their root neither do they back-stab or bite the fingers that fed them.

We love you Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan by Ebubeslym(m): 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
You just cant stop loving this Gentleman from Otuoke...

His Sincerity is heart warming.

1 Like

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan by IykeChukz(m): 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
?
Re: Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
Touching... Very touching.

... Coming from the humble and amiable Jonathan.

Once again, RIP Alamieyeseigha.

1 Like

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan by moderation2020: 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
honestly I am in lovingistis wit ya, GEJ may you live longer than Metusela, daziz abulange, may ur enemies including pmb & amaethief neva succeed in political affairs, any at tempted attempts on ur achaival coconut life naked wired shall remain there keske. 2god olodumari I have seriously landed!!!

1 Like

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan by warrior01: 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
This means God can even use the devil to announce you to the world. May God use even your greatest enemy to announce and bless you today.
Re: Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan by baralatie(m): 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
Sir,
it is called your life helper!the person God sends to you to become a phenomenon!
DSP was God sent to you( may his soul rest in peace)

1 Like

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan by otukpo(f): 6:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
GEJ, a very humble man.

1 Like

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan by Beremx(f): 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2015
Eyaaa!
RIP Alams. You were indeed a hero.
Re: Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan by Singingbae(m): 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
There was only one man I knew who was calm, GEJ!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can Anything Good Come Out Of This Senate? / Osinbajo Promises Massive Solar Power In Nigeria / Buhari Succeeded In Appointing INEC Commissioner Lecky Accused Of Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.