Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

White Rice And Sauce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / White Rice And Sauce (2033 Views)

How To Cook Tasty Chicken Curry Sauce For White Rice (Pics, Video) / Rice And Chicken Birthday 'Cake' Nigerian Parents Used To Celebrate Their Child / What Is The Difference Between Soup, Stew And Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Rice And Sauce by mindboggler: 6:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
I wanna share a recipe so today I chose this delicious one. This is just one of the sauces that you can enjoy with rice. It is easy to prepare and doesn't take much time in its preparation. So I
hope you have fun trying it out.

Ingredients:

For a serving of four-
3 cups of rice
1kg of beef or chicken or goat meat
Dried fish (yep, my own addition)
Half a cup of baking flour
3 big green peppers
4 big red peppers(tatashe) the not-so-peppery ones
1 big onion
A handful of green peas
1 small cabbage
6 large carrots
4 stock cubes
Nutmeg
Curry and Thyme
Ginger and garlic
Salt

Let's fire away!

Parboil the rice and wash it. Add some water and a little salt and set it back on fire to complete its cooking.
Cut the meat into little pieces and place in a pot. Add 2 stock cubes, some nutmeg, curry and thyme, your ground ginger, garlic and salt. Do not add water because meat already contains water which will be drawn out by the heat from the fire. Apart from that, the meat will be much tastier if you just let it cook without adding water in the first instance. But you have to constantly watch the pot so that the meat doesn't get burnt.
So when it starts boiling, add some water to it and leave to continue boiling. Be careful not to add too much water though. Wash the dried fish with hot water and salt then add into the boiling pot. The fish brings along its own flavour. Trust me.
Chop the carrots into big pieces, do same to the peppers, the cabbage and the onions. Don't mix them together after cutting because they will go into the boiling pot at different times. Timing is very important in cooking.
Next, measure out the flour and mix it into a smooth paste with water which shouldn't be watery. Pour the paste into the boiling pot and stir as you pour so that it doesn't get clumpy. Within a few minutes, you should notice that the stock begins to thicken. Leave it to cook for about 4 minutes then add the carrots and green peas only. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes then add the cabbage and onions. In another 2 minutes add the peppers and the 2 remaining stock cubes. Sprinkle in some curry, thyme and a pinch of nutmeg. Finally, add some salt to taste.
Cover the pot and leave to simmer for a minute or two then serve with rice.
Try it out and testify.

1 Like

Re: White Rice And Sauce by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
Yummycheesycheesy
Re: White Rice And Sauce by mindboggler: 7:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
Thanks grin
Re: White Rice And Sauce by rubyradiance(f): 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
Very healthy but not with the flour
Re: White Rice And Sauce by mindboggler: 8:20am On Oct 17, 2015
The flour is an option. You can also use corn starch or potatoes, or whatever you want to use as a thickener.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Like Ibibio(akwa Ibom) Dishes...please Click This / See The Picture Of Pizza In Uyo / Top Ten Most Expensive Bottled Waters In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.