Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,508 members, 7,836,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

THE GOOD GIRL ( Continuation 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE GOOD GIRL ( Continuation 1) (629 Views)

Diana: Good Girl Gone Bad / The Bad Girl Behind The Good Girl Chapter 1 / The Bad Girl Behind The Good Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE GOOD GIRL ( Continuation 1) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
The story so far.....

It was heat- hot- and an explosion. I held on to his chest, hair, neck, the sheets, anywhere I could hold on to. I heard a vague sound of my own gasps for air, for relief, for someone to save me and tell me this wasn't happening. I wasn't just throwing it all away.............

CONTINUATION.......
The next day which was a Sunday, I woke up late so I didn't bother trying to make it to Church. I just stayed in bed and thought of the previous day, of Austin and his good looks that made every girl melt like butter placed on fire. I got out of bed and got out my drawing pad with a pencil, then began to make a drawing of Austin. I did this while repeatedly listening to Taylor Swift's I knew you were trouble. I was done before 2p.m in the afternoon. I just stared at my drawing. It did look like Austin if I closed my right eye, bent it and squinted just a bit.
I was still thinking about my lopsided drawing when a call from Adam interrupted Adele's rolling I'm the deep which was playing in my phone. Even as I said
“good afternoon" in my usual light tone voice, a part of me kept screaming on the inside
“you are the cause of all these Adam! You introduced me to your mutual friend Austin and now see what he did)!
He asked me what I was up to and I almost blurted out “making drawings of Austin", before checking myself just in time and telling him I'll be going for my swimming practice later in the evening. He offered to go with me but I had to remind him that my coach didn't accept spectators. We went from one topic to another before finally saying “ttyl" and hanging up.
Now I started thinking about Adam. I'd known him for a couple of months now, the previous year's September to be precise. He stole my number from a friend's phone and I was so mad that we ended up being worst of enemies. But hit it off as inseparable pals when we were going to attend the same school, and study the same course.
I got prepared for my swimming practice, texting Vicky I was already on my way. Practice was tedious as usual. Everyone had to go again and again until we beat the best times and can hold our breadth a second longer than usual under water. Then by 6:30 p.m, when it was getting quite dark and we were threatening to fall down and die. Coach let us off, but not without pulling me aside and asking about my overall being first.
Vicky and I spent more time than usual in the changing room because she kept talking about her new boyfriend and that slowed her down. I said goodnight to the other girls, and soon enough, it was just Vicky and I in the changing room.
“Are we going to sleep here? Let's start going" I told her for the twentieth time. She just rolled her eyes, but still added effort anyway and soon we were outta there.
Outside, the night owls were already trooping in. With all the stories of people getting drowned, I wondered why the beach still remained very popular. Some boys catcalled us and Vicky started stopping but I took that as my cue to walk faster. And drag Vicky along.
Vicky and I parted at Ivie junction, I live in one of the B.Qs inside campus but she lived off campus at campus four road.
Getting to my hostel, my neighbour Dev was outside with a girl, I greeted them. The girl replied a little nonchalantly while Dev winked at me. I quickly unlocked my door and got into my apartment.
It was until I had changed into my nightdress and made myself a cup of tea that I checked my phone for texts. I had 17 missed calls from Austin. For a moment my hands froze, I froze on the couch I'd positioned myself in, my whole life froze before me. But all these lasted for a milli second and I made the decision to ignore it all as much as I can.
There was a text from Prince telling me he'll be going for Awoko in pharmacy block and I should join him. I texted back saying I'd rather take a rain check on that one. Then there was a text from my brother telling me to return his wristwatch and Adidas sneakers. I sneered but made a mental note to use the sneakers the next day so I could return them. Then there was a text from an unknown number saying
“Tamar, how have you been? I miss you. Do reply back- Anderson".
I jumped off my couch, spilling my tea on the rug, but I couldn't care less. Anderson? I hadn't spoken to him in over three years. Oh. My. God!

To be continued....

(1) (Reply)

Where/ How can i get the book :The Brothers War By John D St Jore ? / Poems!!! / Foundations Of The Earth ( Poetry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.