Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,244 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. (2908 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! / Does A Car Consume More Fuel When The AC Is On HI Than On LO / Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. by apexquest(m): 7:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
I noticed that my car vibrates and jecks repeatedly when my AC is on. The engine seating and sound become irregular even when its idling. But when I turn off the AC everything normalises.
I abardoned using AC for several months because of this issue. I want to use my AC Abeg. Cos I pay put when I buy am....its a nissan primera 2.0i......pls help...
Re: Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. by autofixng: 8:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
U need more than a regular oil service but a tune-up and some diagnosis.
Re: Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. by apexquest(m): 9:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
autofixng:
U need more than a regular oil service but a tune-up and some diagnosis.
What is tune up? .... I plan to scan it soon... But before that, is there not something I should check.
Re: Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. by MightyThor(m): 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
You failed to mention the type, year and engine size of your car.

First what is your car rpm when idling with and without A/C?

However taking a rough guess ( assuming your car is drive by cable rather than wire) I will wager you need to first use a carb cleaner to clean your engine manifold and dust/replace your engine air filter and lastly adjust your idle control valve setting, if your idle rpm is low.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. by apexquest(m): 11:23am On Oct 17, 2015
MightyThor:
You failed to mention the type, year and engine size of your car.

First what is your car rpm when idling with and without A/C?

However taking a rough guess ( assuming your car is drive by cable rather than wire) I will wager you need to first use a carb cleaner to clean your engine manifold and dust/replace your engine air filter and lastly adjust your idle control valve setting, if your idle rpm is low.
Its primera 2.0i, idling rpm is around 1200, with AC its about 800 then it becomes unstable. I will buy an injector cleaner n see what happens.
Pls, is 1200 rpm too low at idling??
Re: Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. by MightyThor(m): 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2015
Bro that high by any standard. I suggest you do a scan after using the carb. Cleaner, I suspect you maybe having a misfire on one or more of your cylinders. The scan will tell better.
If a misfire is detected, best case you change your plugs , air filter and hopeful that it solves the problem.
Else it is a deeper underlying problem manifesting, like faulty ignition coil pack or misaligned timing belt or blocked manifold.

Bottom line a scan is your best bet to pinpoint the problem.
Re: Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. by BluStreak(m): 11:25am On Oct 18, 2015
A car idling at 1200rpm is almost twice the accepted normal of between 600 - 700rpm. It's way too high and abnormal. The fact that the rpm drops to 800 when you turn on the AC is an indication that your car has been overly tampered with. Ordinarily, your engine rpm should slightly go up by a fraction of the idling rpm when you add a load like AC instead of coming down which is the case in yours. I am assuming all the vacuum hoses in your engine has either been routed wrongly, blocked by various Kazeems that's worked on the car in the past or many of the electric controlled valves failed. To get that engine to work as should will take a good auto technician and loads of time. Cash will be involved too o.
Re: Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. by Milikiman: 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2015
Aldo I'm not using da car again frm experience it's common to primera.as I Av used 2diff type in 2008 and 2013.pls comment I also want to learn
Re: Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. by apexquest(m): 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
MightyThor:
Bro that high by any standard. I suggest you do a scan after using the carb. Cleaner, I suspect you maybe having a misfire on one or more of your cylinders. The scan will tell better.
If a misfire is detected, best case you change your plugs , air filter and hopeful that it solves the problem.
Else it is a deeper underlying problem manifesting, like faulty ignition coil pack or misaligned timing belt or blocked manifold.

Bottom line a scan is your best bet to pinpoint the problem.
No where to do a scan around my area, but I sincerely suspect misfire. Though the vibration has considerably reduced.car uses an Injection system not carburator....I will pour in injector cleaner, change the air filter and plugs and see if it clears. If not, I will have to do a scan at all cost.
....thanks...

(1) (Reply)

Have I Been Cheated? Unregistered Camry 2005 For 1,810,000 / Rattling Sound On Acceleration / Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.