Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

It's Time To Pay The Common Man Facebook! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / It's Time To Pay The Common Man Facebook! (385 Views)

Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances / Degrees Are No Longer Enough: It's Time To Learn A Skill! / When You Know It's Time To Quit Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's Time To Pay The Common Man Facebook! by mathewf4rr3l: 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
People make money online, wise people, people who have the time to type "How to make money online?" but common man who spends thousands of dollars to use internet services loses money, not gains anything except knowledge and exposure. Mark Zuckerberg may be the founder of Facebook, but people built it, expanded it and nourished it with invaluable content; articles, posts, ideas, videos, pictures and they're accountable for the billions of revenues that accrue to the Facebook regime every year.

Facebook must be appreciated for developing such an intuitive platform to share information. Of course there are millions of people who make a living out of Facebook; developers, Advertising companies, Social Media Agencies, Brands WordWide, Public Influencers but, when it comes to common man, they only lose money. Like, Google Facebook also pays billions to its developers. When when we look at Google, it pays bloggers, that's the key. I see every "Facebook Profile" as a live blog and money generating machine for Facebook.

Yes, that's right! every Facebook profile contribute to the overall revenues of the Facebook but, Facebook never paid a single penny to the people who was keeping it alive and active every damn day! I'm not calling Facebook, a cheater! But I'm asking Facebook to be fair to common people who contribute and give them their cut. I hope the engineers at Facebook are far intelligent to make a revenue sharing platform better than that of Google.

"If you’re not paying for the product, the product is you. The real transaction here isn’t you receiving enjoyment in the form of a free temporary distraction created by a media company at great expense, but rather, that media company renting your eyeballs to its advertisers" says, Greg McFarlane of Investopedia, but I can't agree with that. People actually pay for the internet, Mobile bills, Broadband bills, WiFi bills and they contribute to the social networks and get's nothing in return which is unfair.

If you take a look at the SEC filing, your account contributed $5.37 to Facebook last year! congratulations and you were traded before you never knew it. The acronym ARPU ( Average revenue per user) represents the amount your profile contribute to the Facebook's net revenues. You multiply that amount with 1.44 Billion and count the zeros, you never had any share from it despite you wrote unique articles every day, you shared your images, you uploaded several videos, and above all you connected another new Facebook accounts.

Basically, I'm a huge fan of the Facebook ecosystem but I seriously think that if Facebook ever wanted to make the change, it must start paying the people. It is their duty to ensure a criterion for participation in the revenue generating platform, they can set their benchmarks, but a common man should be able to try and make some money out of the greatest social networks in the world.

Re: It's Time To Pay The Common Man Facebook! by Ini22(f): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
Too long
Re: It's Time To Pay The Common Man Facebook! by mathewf4rr3l: 9:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
At least you noticed that feature grin
Ini22:
Too long

(1) (Reply)

DIRECT SALES / Risk Advisor / Are You Looking For Quality&result Driven ICAN Lecture Centre? / Career Opportunity At OLX Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.