Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! (8457 Views)

Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. / Critics Failed To Create Enmity Between Buhari, Osinbajo – Tinubu / Leave North Within Two Weeks..Northern Youths Tell Igbos,Yorubas And South South (2) (3) (4)

Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Uniben4sure: 1:38am On Oct 17, 2015
Sometimes when I am tempted to engage my Yoruba brethren in tribal e-war, I pause to think about the quality Yoruba men and women who have impacted my life positively. I can count at least five yorubas who have made more impacts in my life than even my own tribesmen.

I am equally sure that many of my Yoruba brethren who are honest enough can attest to the fact that they have been positively impacted in one way or the other by Igbo's .

If the foregoing statements are factual, and if the majority of the two tribes adhere to the Christian faith, why then do we find it difficult to forgive each other's shortcomings? Why have the Igbo's refused to forgive the Yoruba's for the roles SOME of them played in the civil war, and why would the Yoruba's chose to attack Igbo's living in their lands because of the political choices made by SOME Igbo's or because of the comments of a microscopic few Igbo's on social media?

It is unfortunate that most of these tribal attacks have been aided and abetted by our elders and even traditional rulers who ordinarily should be in the forefront of redirecting the young ones towards the path of peaceful coexistence.

For those those of you who like to beat the drums of war, let me inform you that wars are no friends to any side as both sides are left to count losses at the end. Besides, let's not forget that we already have our lovely daughters and sisters who are married to both sides. Think about what will become of them in the event of tribal war.

I am writing this piece to make a passionate appeal to both sides to call themselves to order. All these tribal scuffles should stop. Let us apply common sense and let peace reign between the two tribes. Some people up north are taking advantage of our inability to unite to perpetuate themselves in power, yet we have refused to put aside our differences and work together.

Please, this thread is not for another tribal e-war, but for us to have a sober reflection and make amends in the way we relate with each other.

Let him who has ears hear.

Thank you for reading.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by omonnakoda: 1:40am On Oct 17, 2015
Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by leookagbare: 1:42am On Oct 17, 2015
OMG!! Y'all Fams Gats Go See What I Just Saw On A Blog http://www.medianehd.com Can't Believe Nicki Was Drunk And Opened Her Boobs Completely On a Stage shocked . Go See Full Picture At http://www.medianehd.com
Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 2:02am On Oct 17, 2015
I was unfortunate to stumble upon some tribal threads here recently and kept seeing alot of people use the term "HOST".

Lets tell ourselves the truth, you can't be a "host" to someone living in the same house as you are, unless of course you decide to live separately. Then you can invite guests over and legitimately be able to call yourself a "host".

I think the best way forward, as most have already been clamoring for, is for the country to divide. I think then, we'd have better diplomatic relations with one another.

That's the only logical approach that comes to mind.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by osamaBUSH(m): 2:04am On Oct 17, 2015
As an @boki make i jus dey observe

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:06am On Oct 17, 2015
Uniben4sure:
Sometimes when I am tempted to engage my Yoruba brethren in tribal e-war, I pause to think about the quality Yoruba men and women who have impacted my life positively. I can count at least five yorubas who have made more impacts in my life than even my own tribesmen.

I am equally sure that many of my Yoruba brethren who are honest enough can attest to the fact that they have been positively impacted in one way or the other by Igbo's .

If the foregoing statements are factual, and if the majority of the two tribes adhere to the Christian faith, why then do we find it difficult to forgive each other's shortcomings? Why have the Igbo's refused to forgive the Yoruba's for the roles SOME of them played in the civil war, and why would the Yoruba's chose to attack Igbo's living in their lands because of the political choices made by SOME Igbo's or because of the comments of a microscopic few Igbo's on social media?

It is unfortunate that most of these tribal attacks have been aided and abetted by our elders and even traditional rulers who ordinarily should be in the forefront of redirecting the young ones towards the path of peaceful coexistence.

For those those of you who like to beat the drums of war, let me inform you that wars are no friends to any side as both sides are left to count losses at the end. Besides, let's not forget that we already have our lovely daughters and sisters who are married to both sides. Think about what will become of them in the event of tribal war.

I am writing this piece to make a passionate appeal to both sides to call themselves to order. All these tribal scuffles should stop. Let us apply common sense and let peace reign between the two tribes. Some people up north are taking advantage of our inability to unite to perpetuate themselves in power, yet we have refused to put aside our differences and work together.

Please, this thread is not for another tribal e-war, but for us to have a sober reflection and make amends in the way we relate with each other.

Thank you for reading.
Words of Wisdom.

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 17, 2015
EnigmaticEnigma:
I was unfortunate to stumble upon some tribal threads here recently and kept seeing alot of people use the term "HOST".

Lets tell ourselves the truth, you can't be a "host" to someone living in the same house as you are, unless of course you decide to live separately. Then you can invite guests over and legitimately be able to call yourself a "host".

I think the best way forward, as most have already been clamoring for, is for the country to divide. I think then, we'd have better diplomatic relations with one another.

That's the only logical approach that comes to mind.

Look at this uncultured illiterate. You think you're addressing your fellow dummies? For all I know, you may have just written SSCE. You better get an education before you begin to delve into matters above your IQ peak. You think the internet exists so that you can search for Linda Ikeji news alone? Google host community and come back. Rubbish.

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by wytecat: 3:19am On Oct 17, 2015
Why is it that your selective amnesia relapses only when Yoruba respond to Ibo's shenanigans?

Ibos have been going crazy and you didn't call them to order but as soon as we look in their direction, you remember how to be good neighbors.

Enough of these threads! If you really hope to achieve something worthwhile, why don't you call for a truce so as to know where to put blame next time. Yoruba are just now responding to Ibos after years of abuses.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Uniben4sure: 3:33am On Oct 17, 2015
wytecat:
Why is it that your selective amnesia relapses only when Yoruba respond to Ibo's shenanigans?

Ibos have been going crazy and you didn't call them to order but as soon as we look in their direction, you remember how to be good neighbors.

Enough of these threads! If you really hope to achieve something worthwhile, why don't you call for a truce so as to know where to put blame next time. Yoruba are just now responding to Ibos after years of abuses.
I am sure you haven't read the thread at all. If you did, you would have noticed that I didn't take side im my submission.

Mind you, that I chose to toe the path of peace doesn't mean I am not capable of dishing out greater measure of attacks on you folks , but my common sense wouldn't let me stoop that low.

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by ibedun: 4:05am On Oct 17, 2015
Uniben4sure:
I am sure you haven't read the thread at all. If you did, you would have noticed that I didn't take side im my submission.

Mind you, that I chose to toe the path of peace doesn't mean I am not capable of dishing out greater measure of attacks on you folks , but my common sense wouldn't let me stoop that low.

You are still too young to understand fully what is going on. Stick to your studies for now. Igbos hate Igboland and yet they have come to a peaceful, rich and endowed YORUBALAND to cause trouble. They have gone too far already and must be put in their place.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 4:05am On Oct 17, 2015
@OP - You have spoken like a patriotic & detribalized Nigerian, but unless the Jewish Barbarians agree to the following terms, the season 2 of 1967 which will be titled “Hotel Biafra” is inevitable, and the enmity between the Yorubas & Yeebos will continue to grow like that of the Anunnaki step-brothers Yahweh & Lucifer.

1.) All Yeebos must cease calling Lagos a “No Man's Land”

2.) All Yeebos must cease calling Yorubas “Ndi Ofe Manu”.

3.) All Yeebos must stop listening to Radio Biafra, and give up the idea of Biafra, else they will be charged with Treason and summarily executed like Major Gideon Okar grin

4.) All Yeebos must respect every King in all Yorubaland, especially Oba Akiolu of Lagos, else we shall dredge & expand the Lagoon. grin

5.) All Yeebos must cease calling themselves jews, else they will receive the Adolf Hiltler treatment meted to the Jews at the Auschwitz Nazi camp. grin

6.) All Yeebos must love & support President Mohammadu Buhari and also embrace APC.

7.) All Igbo merchants must stop selling fake & sub-standard goods.

8.) All Yeebos must stop shielding & defending their corrupt public office holders

9.) All Yeebos must stop abusing Awolowo.

10.) I need to sleep now and will continue when I wake up. Meanwhile, any word, curse & arrow fired against me shall backfire back to the senders in multiple folds.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by wytecat: 4:10am On Oct 17, 2015
You are not as smart as you think!

Dish whatever you have here, you will receive as much. Don't choose the part of peace, do your worse!

I ask you again to stop opening meaningless thread if you can't suggest a solution or take the one suggested to you. There have been many of this thread, what you should be looking for is a solution.

Uniben4sure:

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 17, 2015
One Nigeria cheesy
Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by MightySparrow: 5:45am On Oct 17, 2015
omonnakoda:

OP what is the role yoruba played during civil war? Must anyone share your view? The Igbos had assumed relationship just like a young man always seeing around a damsel and never proposed, the day the girl introduces her boyfriend, the poor boy becomes disappointed.
Any Yoruba soldier will naturally fight for Nigeria like any other from Hausa, Ijaw, Igala etc.
Yorubas never wronged Igbo. Igbos should just stop crying.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by modath(f): 5:49am On Oct 17, 2015
Uniben4sure:

Thank you for reading.

You know quite well this thread will definitely go to hell in a handbasket soon as people wake up ... & you are teribble mediator...

you do not say you are suing for PEACE & begin with "Engage your YORUBA brethren in an E-war", continue with allusion to the civil war then End with castigating traditional RULERS & claim your intention is NOBLE..

I know a trouble makere when I see One, you OP are a major RABBLE ROUSER & you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

First rule of mediation is do not apportion blame to one party, rather sue for peace, tell each one the positive in their association & keep it moving.. if you were being sincere you'd know that...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Warlord3000(m): 5:57am On Oct 17, 2015
It baffles me too ooo...

Especially some taking 1967 civil wars for head as if they were alive and fought it then sef..

Let it go.............. undecided

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by neolboy(m): 5:59am On Oct 17, 2015
@op try help settle the quarel nah
Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 17, 2015

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 17, 2015
Zoharariel:
@OP - You have spoken like a patriotic & detribalized Nigerian, but unless the Jewish Barbarians agree to the following terms, the season 2 of 1967 which will be titled “Hotel Biafra” is inevitable, and the enmity between the Yorubas & Yeebos will continue to grow like that of the Anunnaki step-brothers Yahweh & Lucifer.

3.) All Yeebos must stop listening to Radio Biafra, and give up the idea of Biafra, else they will be charged with Treason and summarily executed like Major Gideon Okar grin

4.) All Yeebos must respect every King in all Yorubaland, especially Oba Akiolu of Lagos, else we shall dredge & expand the Lagoon. grin

5.) All Yeebos must cease calling themselves jews, else they will receive the Adolf Hiltler treatment meted to the Jews at the Auschwitz Nazi camp. grin

6.) All Yeebos must love & support President Mohammadu Buhari and also embrace APC.

8.) All Yeebos must stop shielding & defending their corrupt public office holders

10.) I need to sleep now and will continue when I wake up. Meanwhile, any word, curse & arrow fired against me shall backfire back to the senders in multiple folds.
Wishful thinking. You should've inserted a clause like it is "sarcasm".
Ultimatums are given to slaves not freeborns unless in your mind the Igbos are slaves in Nigeria.
If the above listed are their sins against the Nigerian state, I'd suggest that your kiths and kin should support their agitation for their own separate country.

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by mightyokwy(m): 6:17am On Oct 17, 2015
Zoharariel:

For ur mind you get sense abi. Just try nd read ur write up again.

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 17, 2015
Warlord3000:
It baffles me too ooo...

Especially some taking 1967 civil wars for head as if they were alive and fought it then sef..

Let it go.............. undecided
The past takes centre stage in today's affairs and have significant effect on the future.
I must say your comment is insensitive and juvenile.

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Warlord3000(m): 6:19am On Oct 17, 2015
LadyFiona:
The past takes centre stage in today's affairs and have significant effect on the future.
I must say your comment is insensitive and juvenile.

Not insensitive and juvenile..

You can decide to live in the bitterness of the past or learn some things from past experiences and move on to better future...

It's your choice

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Movic1(m): 6:20am On Oct 17, 2015
I didnt see this type of thread when the igbos are attacking/abusing yorubas everyday on Nairaland. Yorubas are replying the igbos and all of a sudden they are now good neighbors shouting Peace.
This is just the beginning,Igbos Must learn.

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by mightyokwy(m): 6:22am On Oct 17, 2015
modath:

You know quite well this thread will definitely go to hell in a handbasket soon as people wake up ... & you are teribble mediator...

you do not say you are suing for PEACE & begin with "Engage your YORUBA brethren in an E-war", continue with allusion to the civil war then End with castigating traditional RULERS & claim your intention is NOBLE..

I know a trouble makere when I see One, you OP are a major RABBLE ROUSER & you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

First rule of mediation is do not apportion blame to one party, rather sue for peace, tell each one the positive in their association & keep it moving.. if you were being sincere you'd know that...
Bro am not sure you read the article well. Just go through it again. Op did't side any body, he was just preaching for peace, love and forgiveness for both side.

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by MisterLongman(m): 6:24am On Oct 17, 2015
Its all thanks to the build up to the 2015 elections and the stupid party called pdp that encouraged it.

2015 elections has come and gone, Gej has moved on but some people has bluntly refused to move on

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by mightyokwy(m): 6:32am On Oct 17, 2015
Movic1:
I didnt see this type of thread when the igbos are attacking/abusing yorubas everyday on Nairaland. Yorubas are replying the igbos and all of a sudden they are now good neighbors shouting Peace.
This is just the beginning,Igbos Must learn.
Bro I will appreciate it if you can give me one clear example how and when igbos are attacking yorubas.

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Movic1(m): 6:45am On Oct 17, 2015
mightyokwy:

Bro I will appreciate it if you can give me one clear example how and when igbos are attacking yorubas.

You are acting like somebody who just signed up Nairaland acct today.I cant stress myself giving examples. Yorubas cant just standup without any reasons attacking igbos. Igbos pushed us to the wall.

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by playahata: 6:50am On Oct 17, 2015
Uniben4sure:

The reason is anya ufu

Thank you for reading.
Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by playahata: 6:51am On Oct 17, 2015
Uniben4sure:

The reason is anya ufu

Thank you for reading.
The reason is anya ufu

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 17, 2015
We understand that because u are angry at ibos they must pay,thats why u nid 200 youths to beat up one old man.by the way to all those calling for war against ibos have u ever lived in the north nd seen where ibos are defending their lives nd properties then u would then u would have seen how they fear us

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by mightyokwy(m): 7:10am On Oct 17, 2015
Movic1:

You are acting like somebody who just signed up Nairaland acct today.I cant stress myself giving examples. Yorubas cant just standup without any reasons attacking igbos. Igbos pushed us to the wall.
Bros easy ok, you have not answered my question. Just like Fulanis please can you give me a good example where igbos are physically fighting or attacking the yorubas.

Re: Enmity Between Igbos & Yorubas: Enough Is Enough! by Uniben4sure: 7:15am On Oct 17, 2015
modath:

You misunderstand me sir. The open statement was just meant to point out the fact that we have good people from the two tribes. And that we are not all bad like the Internet warriors always make appear.

Of course I stated the obvious when I wrote that our elders and traditional rulers are not helping matters in the misunderstanding between the two tribes, but it seems you read the whole thing with a biased mind, hence you concluded that I perhaps I was referring to only one side.

Please, the essence of this thread is not to further damage the already bad situation but find a way forward. Thank you.

Investigate Akpabio Over Hitler-Poland Invasion Threat - PDP / 2019 Elections Is Defining Year For Nigeria - Jennifer Douglas-abubakar / Court Summons AGF, EFCC Over Yari’s Property

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87