Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About (35728 Views)

10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 / 3 Simple Online Businesses You Can Start From Home With Little Or No Capital!! / 3 Unique Businesses You Can Start From Home With Very Little Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by Nicklaus(m): 6:20am On Oct 17, 2015
Good
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by gsparks01(m): 6:27am On Oct 17, 2015
r u for real?
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by johnstar(m): 6:32am On Oct 17, 2015
K
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by packer042(m): 6:36am On Oct 17, 2015
engrjacuzzi:
arrange olosho for suger Daddy.

hahahahahaha, this one dey pay wella o
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 17, 2015
That's true. Starting business on campus can help a lot in keeping you alive. Btw check out these guys. I've seen any creative and affordable web designers like them oooo shocked www.osh.businessinhabituel.com
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 17, 2015
Hbd to my humble self,wishing God's grace always
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by godfrey01(m): 6:45am On Oct 17, 2015
for students living in hostel where there are so many student, school hostel per say, you can start a printing business and online registration. alll you just need is your laptop, a three in one printer and knowlegde of word processing and other packages like autocad and corel draw.you print their assignment and even practicals directly from their flash and computer. its a very lucrative business and before you finish the school, you will get your laptop money and printer money times 7 if not more.. but this business requires friendlyness and popularity in campus and hostel at large....

1 Like

Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by Rajosh(m): 6:45am On Oct 17, 2015
These are not great business ideas at all. you can never ever become a great businessman with such kind of ideas. You need Creativity and innovation. All I see here is slavery. imagine running errands for your mate or pressing their clothes. or why should i pay to get my note copied when there are photocopying centres. where will you have the time to cook soup for students after coming from lectures. do it at the detriment of your studies. op no make me vex this morning o .

2 Likes

Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by j4sure(m): 6:49am On Oct 17, 2015
good
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by mikkypel(m): 6:50am On Oct 17, 2015
Ladies cook soup for guys and get bleeped instead of money
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by AmeLonRo(m): 6:51am On Oct 17, 2015
I am surprised that this is a recent post. I want to counter some of them as follows:
1) Manual: Whose manual do you want to sell to make money? Your own? Why will a fellow student buy your manual to the extent that you’ll be rich? If it’s the lecturers, okay, but the class reps handle that. Also some schools especially federal universities do not permit the sale of handouts.
2) Note writing: How many people’s note will you write for you to be able to support yourself? Are you going to charge per page and how much? Think well.
3) Soup cooking: How do you want to advertise this in the hostels? With the aiye gbege stuff around, you cook soup for someone and something happens who will be called to question? Be careful!
4) Charging for pepper blending looks funny. With normal household blender? Haba! Except you are referring to grinding machine. As a student where will you put iit and sure you are not the one that will manage it.
5) How many plates do you want to wash for a fee? And for how much? Think ooo.
6) House painting on campus? Except it’s off campus hostel. The school authority will not even allow you to paint their hostels.
7) How many errands do you want to run to make it? How do you advertise the business. Think of something decent.
cool Assignments? Most people can browse even on their phone, so why pay someone for such assignments? Look elsewhere.
9) Space booking: So someone will pay to get space booked for him/her. What about their friends who arrive early. Watch it!
10) Photo backgroung: So you stay their with the background all day. This can be good during matriculations, convocations and then when you also are a photographer. But paying for just using a background? In Nigeria? Oga ooo.
11) Flash drive cleaning: Instead of paying to clean flash drive students will try and look for the old files on the system or send what is to be sent by CD or mail. They will then format the drive and its virus free again.
12) The others are fine sha. Add printing/photocopying, people are longer paying for typing like before.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by slapandfall(m): 6:57am On Oct 17, 2015
1... Yahoo++

2... Reporting yahoo boys to police when they hamma... Police can give u some percentage if the yahoo guy settles them.

3... Reporting cult boys to police. You will be compensated by the police for bin a gud citizen.

Disclaimer: at ur own risk

1 Like

Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by onyeuka: 7:01am On Oct 17, 2015
Configuring and downloading
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by Joshrob(m): 7:03am On Oct 17, 2015
engrjacuzzi:
arrange olosho for suger Daddy.

I did these during in my 2nd year and am already getting popular among these girls but i later stop because of the risk involve..make them nor go kill person pikin,the girl go steal or bad thing happen,police come gbege me.
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by kelvyn7: 7:21am On Oct 17, 2015
OP if u didn't put Organising Tutorials for younger sets, selling of clothes, photocopy&printing, then the list is incomplete
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by Melancholy(m): 7:21am On Oct 17, 2015
beatsbug:
EXAMINATION IMPERSONATION. . . Writing exam for others is most lucrative, just be wise , 10k per departmentals, if u can get 4-5 courses or more.
yea this was what i did during my time in school charging up 3 thousand per course from those rich boys who have got no time to read for exams.
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by gidzbobby: 7:22am On Oct 17, 2015
drilling shorthand, or game center.....
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by ferdspiration: 7:24am On Oct 17, 2015
beatsbug:
EXAMINATION IMPERSONATION. . . Writing exam for others is most lucrative, just be wise , 10k per departmentals, if u can get 4-5 courses or more.
this is illegal
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by YUSUPH1986(m): 7:25am On Oct 17, 2015
Tonnniey:
Nice write up but you didn't mention the most lucrative business which includes

(a) buying cloths and selling to both staff and students.

(b) Securing contracts from student associations for mini projects such as printing of receipt, customized notebooks, shirts, cooking for dinners, event organizing.

(c). Securing contracts from cooperative society within the institution. I regretted that I didn't act fast in this. I bought a rechargeable standing fan for my dad at the cost of 8,000, he took it to school and before you know it, I was called upon to buy 2, for another prof. Six months after, I heard a ASUU distributed it to all their members at a cost of 17,000. menhhhh.....I just carry hand for head in regret of not acting fast.

(d) Online internet marketing. This is what I am currently using to make few cash for my post graduate studies. Its free to begin and doesn't disturb my studies in anyway. I do it right in the corner of my room and money start running after me. If you need more info about this, pm me.

(e) There is also student work incentives by the institutions. tap into this and you won't be expecting money from home @ all times.
Thank you.
sis, pls i wil like to knw abt d online marketing tax
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by ThePeacemaker(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2015
bastien:
Most of your point na wash

Just open bet shop close to campus,and thank me later grin
Guy
Yoi wicked oooo
Them go dae use school fees, handout money play ahm
I might promote stealing also

1 Like

Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by Jobabori(m): 7:29am On Oct 17, 2015
AmeLonRo:
I am surprised that this is a recent post. I want to counter some of them as follows:
1) Manual: Whose manual do you want to sell to make money? Your own? Why will a fellow student buy your manual to the extent that you’ll be rich? If it’s the lecturers, okay, but the class reps handle that. Also some schools especially federal universities do not permit the sale of handouts.
2) Note writing: How many people’s note will you write for you to be able to support yourself? Are you going to charge per page and how much? Think well.
3) Soup cooking: How do you want to advertise this in the hostels? With the aiye gbege stuff around, you cook soup for someone and something happens who will be called to question? Be careful!
4) Charging for pepper blending looks funny. With normal household blender? Haba! Except you are referring to grinding machine. As a student where will you put iit and sure you are not the one that will manage it.
6) House painting on campus? Except it’s off campus hostel. The school authority will not even allow you to paint their hostels.
7) How many errands do you want to run to make it? How do you advertise the business. Think of something decent.
cool Assignments? Most people can browse even on their phone, so why pay someone for such assignments? Look elsewhere.
9) Space booking: So someone will pay to get space booked for him/her. What about their friends who arrive early. Watch it!
10) Photo backgroung: So you stay their with the background all day. This can be good during matriculations, convocations and then when you also are a photographer. But paying for just using a background? In Nigeria? Oga ooo.
11) Flash drive cleaning: Instead of paying to clean flash drive students will try and look for the old files on the system or send what is to be sent by CD or mail. They will then format the drive and its virus free again.
12) The others are fine sha. Add printing/photocopying, people are longer paying for typing like before.
Thank you@Amelonro. The OP is a typical example of the products of our educational system. A one- way- thinker. No critical thinking of the issue before publishing it on this forum. A shallow thinking that shows a missing - gap in an intelligent discourse. A right to frredom of expression cannot be interpreted as frredom to offer a one sided view. I expect a student in a tertiary institution to critically examine a topic before discussing it in public.
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by Jobabori(m): 7:30am On Oct 17, 2015
AmeLonRo:

Thank you@Amelonro. The OP is a typical example of the products of our educational system. A one- way- thinker. No critical thinking of the issue before publishing it on this forum. A shallow thinking that shows a missing - gap in an intelligent discourse. A right to frredom of expression cannot be interpreted as frredom to offer a one sided view. I expect a student in a tertiary institution to critically examine a topic before discussing it in public.

1 Like

Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by djWALE(m): 7:30am On Oct 17, 2015
Selling kerosine
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by Mcowubaba: 7:31am On Oct 17, 2015
U forgot being an Artist...anyway it requires 'Talent' nd 'God's grace' for u to excel...
I made some cool cash back then just for 'talking comically' cheesy... Same with my collegues who wia either into Music/rapping, Dancing, Dj etc....almost all freshers' nite, welcome back party, Fashion nite, birthday show, lodge parties etc na we dey handle am....

Better Money dey dia ooo wink...nd u go still d enjoy urself untop d matter.....thats' the Best business I have ever done nd ....still doing cool
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by cuvox(m): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2015
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by destinysaid(m): 7:37am On Oct 17, 2015
Tonnniey:
Nice write up but you didn't mention the most lucrative business which includes

(a) buying cloths and selling to both staff and students.

(b) Securing contracts from student associations for mini projects such as printing of receipt, customized notebooks, shirts, cooking for dinners, event organizing.

(c). Securing contracts from cooperative society within the institution. I regretted that I didn't act fast in this. I bought a rechargeable standing fan for my dad at the cost of 8,000, he took it to school and before you know it, I was called upon to buy 2, for another prof. Six months after, I heard a ASUU distributed it to all their members at a cost of 17,000. menhhhh.....I just carry hand for head in regret of not acting fast.

(d) Online internet marketing. This is what I am currently using to make few cash for my post graduate studies. Its free to begin and doesn't disturb my studies in anyway. I do it right in the corner of my room and money start running after me. If you need more info about this, pm me.

(e) There is also student work incentives by the institutions. tap into this and you won't be expecting money from home @ all times.
Thank you.
dude I need that 4th one the online marketing stuff, hw can I contact u ....
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by yomi007k(m): 7:40am On Oct 17, 2015
beatsbug:

With all due respect u r encouraging crime and also mediocrity.

tongue
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by yomi007k(m): 7:43am On Oct 17, 2015
Melancholy:
yea this was what i did during my time in school charging up 3 thousand per course from those rich boys who have got no time to read for exams.
Wen dos rich boys get to position of power and don't perform please remember u contributed to the problems of this nation. tongue
Re: 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About by bummyla(m): 7:44am On Oct 17, 2015
16). Selling recharge cards

17). Barber Shop And Hair Salon for ladies.

18). Photo Stand. http://www.bummyla.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? / Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria / Femi Otedola And Bill Gates Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.