Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... (1511 Views)

Names Of 17 Senators That Followed Bukola Saraki To CCT Trial Today / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by o42austino(m): 8:56am On Oct 17, 2015
The traditional and political atmosphere is charged once more as the cultural blunder of some rich people continues but, should an elder be at home and his goat gives birth with a rope on her neck? Mbanu!

As an igbo Man I need to state it that we don't recognise kings neither do we permit the establishment of igbo kings in Another man's land, the first and last Eze igbo worldwide was the late ikemba and After his demise many Rich igbo men in other parts of the world started crowning them self kings to show that they are looking after their people and their interest without due backing of the first class traditional kings and Government at home. I have to state it clearly that no Eze Ndi Igbo any where represent Ndi Igbo in that community, igbo are republican in nature and could not be ruled by kings even in precolonial Africa, it is very wrong to crown ur self Eze in another Kingdom where their is king, can two kings preside over the affairs of the same community and the Answer is No.

What we are doing is not cultural even within our own system, we should stop this act of provocation. Ndi Igbo in diaspora should set up pan igbo group and associations that will look after their affairs not any Eze Ndi Igbo,let truth be told..... I will never permit any Emir or Oba in Igboland and that which u can't Tolerate don't do it to another.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by ezeonline2(m): 9:16am On Oct 17, 2015
[quote author=o42austino post=39067497]The traditional and political atmosphere is charged once more as the cultural blunder of some rich people continues but, should an elder be at home and his goat gives birth with a rope on her neck? Mbanu!

As an igbo Man I need to state it that we don't recognise kings neither do we permit the establishment of igbo kings in Another man's land, the first and last Eze igbo worldwide was the late ikemba and After his demise many Rich igbo men in other parts of the world started crowning them self kings to show that they are looking after their people and their interest without due backing of the first class traditional kings and Government at home. I have to state it clearly that no Eze Ndi Igbo any where represent Ndi Igbo in that community, igbo are republican in nature and could not be ruled by kings even in precolonial Africa, it is very wrong to crown ur self Eze in another Kingdom where their is king, can two kings preside over the affairs of the same community and the Answer is No.

What we are doing is not cultural even within our own system, we should stop this act of provocation. Ndi Igbo in diaspora should set up pan igbo group and associations that will look after their affairs not any Eze Ndi Igbo,let truth be told..... I will never permit any Emir or Oba in Igboland and that which u can't Tolerate don't do it to another.

gbam
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by Prince16: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2015
o42austino:

................As an igbo Man I need to state it that we don't recognise kings neither do we permit the establishment of igbo kings in Another man's land, ............ many Rich igbo men in other parts of the world started crowning them self kings,........ ..... . it is very wrong to crown ur self Eze in another Kingdom where their is king, can two kings preside over the affairs of the same community and the Answer is No.
What we are doing is not cultural even within our own system, we should stop this act of provocation.............let truth be told..... I will never permit any Emir or Oba in Igboland and that which u can't Tolerate don't do it to another.

There u go...... Good thinking, good product. He who has ear(s), let him hear!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by o42austino(m): 10:28am On Oct 17, 2015
Prince16:

There u go...... Good thinking, good product. He who has ear(s), let him hear!
I also think the Obas should treat the Eze as representatives of the people not king, they are not kings.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by Prince16: 10:41am On Oct 17, 2015
o42austino:
I also think the Obas should treat the Eze as representatives of the people not king, they are not kings.
I concur!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 17, 2015
o42austino:
tell them to remove the word 'eze' from their title and also stop rolling in royal regalia.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by o42austino(m): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2015
Murderator:
tell them to remove the word 'eze' from their title and also stop rolling in royal regalia.
I can't ask them to stop wearing their Regalia, some of them maybe Ozo back home or other chief but I most advice them to stop putting on King Regalia because they are not kings.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by cocoduck: 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
There is a difference between an Igbo man and an Igbo speaking Biafran, the former,knowing fully well that he is not a Nigerian goes about forcing himself on the owners of the country while the latter goes about conducting himself as a man in a foreign land since he knows is is not a citizen of the fruad called Nigeria. Now, Yoruba, you know the difference, a Biafran will never do what this man did. If I were the yoruba boy ehhhh I will flog him till the next day, remember that in Biafra, these mofo5 don't do this nonsense. Honestly!

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by o42austino(m): 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2015
cocoduck:
There is a difference between an Igbo man and an Igbo speaking Biafran, the former,knowing fully well that he is not a Nigerian goes about forcing himself on the owners of the country while the latter goes about conducting himself as a man in a foreign land since he knows is is not a citizen of the fruad called Nigeria. Now, Yoruba, you know the difference, a Biafran will never do what this man did. If I were the yoruba boy ehhhh I will flog him till the next day, remember that in Biafra, these mofo5 don't do this nonsense. Honestly!
That's exactly what am say.... Will he wear his crown to see any first class monarch in Igboland? The answer is No, so y is he doing it to a host king, I think is stupid of him to try that, Igbo don't recognise such people and we don't know any Eze of whatever, We do recognise the Pan igbo organisation staying and operating peacefully in their host community.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by Obiagu1(m): 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2015
@ OP

What is the leader of Yorubas outside Yorubaland called?
What is the leader of Hausa/Fulani outside Hausaland called?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by o42austino(m): 1:28pm On Oct 17, 2015
Obiagu1:
@ OP

What is the leader of Yorubas outside Yorubaland called?
What is the leader of Hausa/Fulani outside Hausaland called?
Bros, am not here to play ethnic politics, am here to address our igbo culture that has been so manipulated by few to their own gains, igbo for once don't use Eze outside their area, we only use pan igbo organisations, where is Eze igbo in other people's land came from is what I don't know but I can beat my chest that it was not there before but this madness started late 90s till date. The Yoruba or Hausa/fulani leaders outside their land are not address as Oba or Emir neither do they wear royal attire to see their host king with crown inclusive, the leaders of this other ethnic group in their host community are not crown but selected by their people to represent them.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by simplycarro: 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
The bastardisation of royalty of Igbos.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by o42austino(m): 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
simplycarro:
The bastardisation of royalty of Igbos.
the Rich outside igbo nation are does doing it, that is not our culture, their actions and deed are not cultural.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by orisa37: 1:44pm On Oct 17, 2015
And that which you can't Tolerate, Don't do it to another. Christlike Character advocated!!!!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by luche90(m): 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
Op shut up your stinking mouth Yorubitch,
At least the eze ndigbo entered the palace of the Akure monarch with his crown on his head. He should be praised and rewarded for his bravery and his selfless act to display his superiority over the inferior yoruba race. That's what you call guts, it takes a real man to do that. If you know your father is not a bast@rd, then let you, a yorubitch coward try it in Onitcha or Aba. let's see if you have a backbone, spineless Yorubast@rd.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by o42austino(m): 5:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
luche90:
Op shut up your stinking mouth Yorubitch,
At least the eze ndigbo entered the palace of the Akure monarch with his crown on his head. He should be praised and rewarded for his bravery and his selfless act to display his superiority over the inferior yoruba race. That's what you call guts, it takes a real man to do that. If you know your father is not a bast@rd, then let you, a yorubitch coward try it in Onitcha or Aba. let's see if you have a backbone, spineless Yorubast@rd.
grow up pls, u can't stay in Onitsha or Enugu and instigate violence with ur mouth while our people will be out numbered and massacre in their land, the best u can do is call names on the Internet. PLS grow up and address issues with intelligence and not emotions.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by BushidoBlue(m): 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
http://observer.gm/pastors-offer-prayers-to-yoruba-leader-in-gambia-others/

You that hypocrisy is the biggest form of self denial.

The Pastors Intercessory Fellowship in The Gambia and The Pentecostal Fellowship of The Gambia, recently visited the Oba’s palace, where they offered prayers of guidance and protection to the Oba, his elders in council, the Nigerian people in The Gambia, as well as The Gambian leader His Excellency Sheikh Professor Alhaji Dr Yahya Jammeh.

The Yoruba leader in The Gambia, His Royal Highness Oba (Rtn) Dr.M.K.B Abolade, Ariwajoye 1 (J.P) of the Yoruba Community in The Gambia, expressed delight over the move.

He made reference to the recent change that took place in Nigeria, as a landmark in their country’s history and that he believes that under the leadership of President Buhari a lot of good changes will come to Nigeria.

He said Nigerians in The Gambia cherish the peace they enjoy in the country and for that they are grateful to The Gambian leader, His Excellency Sheikh Professor Alh. Dr Yahya A.J.J Jammeh for his hospitality.

The Oba of the Youruba Community indicated that he will be three years on throne soon and for that he is thankful to Allah and his people for serving them. He however called on all Nigerians to respect and keep that peace they enjoy in the country which he said is one of his major duties as Oba of the Yoruba Community in The Gambia.

Also speaking at the ceremony, Professor Augustyn Bernard of the Pastors Intercessory Fellowship disclosed that their coming to offer prayers was on a mission from a vision he had from God to give prayers for leaders; as leaders are a sign of authority ordained by God and His will and strength is upon them.

“The bible said that we should pray for people, but especially for leaders as they are in authority and need prayer for guidance and protection and wisdom, for that they should trust only in the lord for guidance.”

Professor Bernard called on the council of elders to always respect and submit to the Oba, as he is a sign of authority, thereby making him a minister of God because of that ordained authority from God. He emphasised that their visit was not to celebrate the Oba, but to celebrate the authority that is upon him.

Rev.Dr.Momodou Daffeh, of the Pentecostal Fellowship of The Gambia, informed that the Oba should fear and obey God, submit to God’s will, and trust in him alone, adding that only then will mercy and protection be upon him.

Daffeh stressed the need for elders in the council to respect and submit to the will of the Oba and all the Yoruba Nigerians in The Gambia.

Other speakers at the ceremony included: Pastor Dr.Desmond T Conteh, Chief Dr.Emmanuel Bamgbelu Bashorun of the Yoruba Community, who both thanked the pastors on their visit and praying for the Oba and his council and all the Nigerians in The Gambia.

by Alpha M Kamara

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by o42austino(m): 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2015
BushidoBlue:
http://observer.gm/pastors-offer-prayers-to-yoruba-leader-in-gambia-others/

You that hypocrisy is the biggest form of self denial.

The Pastors Intercessory Fellowship in The Gambia and The Pentecostal Fellowship of The Gambia, recently visited the Oba’s palace, where they offered prayers of guidance and protection to the Oba, his elders in council, the Nigerian people in The Gambia, as well as The Gambian leader His Excellency Sheikh Professor Alhaji Dr Yahya Jammeh.

The Yoruba leader in The Gambia, His Royal Highness Oba (Rtn) Dr.M.K.B Abolade, Ariwajoye 1 (J.P) of the Yoruba Community in The Gambia, expressed delight over the move.

He made reference to the recent change that took place in Nigeria, as a landmark in their country’s history and that he believes that under the leadership of President Buhari a lot of good changes will come to Nigeria.

He said Nigerians in The Gambia cherish the peace they enjoy in the country and for that they are grateful to The Gambian leader, His Excellency Sheikh Professor Alh. Dr Yahya A.J.J Jammeh for his hospitality.

The Oba of the Youruba Community indicated that he will be three years on throne soon and for that he is thankful to Allah and his people for serving them. He however called on all Nigerians to respect and keep that peace they enjoy in the country which he said is one of his major duties as Oba of the Yoruba Community in The Gambia.

Also speaking at the ceremony, Professor Augustyn Bernard of the Pastors Intercessory Fellowship disclosed that their coming to offer prayers was on a mission from a vision he had from God to give prayers for leaders; as leaders are a sign of authority ordained by God and His will and strength is upon them.

“The bible said that we should pray for people, but especially for leaders as they are in authority and need prayer for guidance and protection and wisdom, for that they should trust only in the lord for guidance.”

Professor Bernard called on the council of elders to always respect and submit to the Oba, as he is a sign of authority, thereby making him a minister of God because of that ordained authority from God. He emphasised that their visit was not to celebrate the Oba, but to celebrate the authority that is upon him.

Rev.Dr.Momodou Daffeh, of the Pentecostal Fellowship of The Gambia, informed that the Oba should fear and obey God, submit to God’s will, and trust in him alone, adding that only then will mercy and protection be upon him.

Daffeh stressed the need for elders in the council to respect and submit to the will of the Oba and all the Yoruba Nigerians in The Gambia.

Other speakers at the ceremony included: Pastor Dr.Desmond T Conteh, Chief Dr.Emmanuel Bamgbelu Bashorun of the Yoruba Community, who both thanked the pastors on their visit and praying for the Oba and his council and all the Nigerians in The Gambia.

by Alpha M Kamara
Bros ur getting me seriously wrong, am for the Igbo traditional institution, Its not an igbo culture to have Eze on another Kingdom.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by tpiander: 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2015
what concerns Nigeria with Gambia?

Nigerians are in every country in the world, are we taking a tour one by one through all of them?

the other day it was Nigerians awarded land in Gambia, now it's another news which btw should be in foreign section?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by BushidoBlue(m): 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
tpiander:
what concerns Nigeria with Gambia?

Nigerians are in every country in the world, are we taking a tour one by one through all of them?

the other day it was Nigerians awarded land in Gambia, now it's another news which btw should be in foreign section?

So there can be peace in Gambia but here we beat up out own countrymen??
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by tpiander: 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2015
BushidoBlue:

So there can be peace in Gambia but here we beat up out own countrymen??

Something concerns you with Gambia doesn't mean something concerns me with Gambia.

Kapisch?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by BushidoBlue(m): 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2015
tpiander:

Something concerns you with Gambia doesn't mean something concerns me with Gambia.

Kapisch?

Well the common factor is Eze Igbo maybe u aren't even in tune with the thread.
Here is a Yoruba oba overseeing the affairs of his kin in peace in a foreign land while many here on Nairaland have vehemently come out to say there is no such thing.

Dial back and read the thread all over
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by Obiagu1(m): 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
o42austino:
Bros, am not here to play ethnic politics, am here to address our igbo culture that has been so manipulated by few to their own gains, igbo for once don't use Eze outside their area, we only use pan igbo organisations, where is Eze igbo in other people's land came from is what I don't know but I can beat my chest that it was not there before but this madness started late 90s till date. The Yoruba or Hausa/fulani leaders outside their land are not address as Oba or Emir neither do they wear royal attire to see their host king with crown inclusive, the leaders of this other ethnic group in their host community are not crown but selected by their people to represent them.

You don't know anything.
Please tell me, when did monarchy start in Igboland since you know when it started outside Igboland.

If you know anything, which King in Igboland goes with the title of Eze?
Now you want to compare Oba and Emir that are on the same level as Obi and Igwe.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Another Persons Land And The Reaction That Followed... by Prince16: 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2015
Jesus Christ is ALWAYS LORD!!!

(1) (Reply)

What Happens When A Freedom Fighter Is Arrested / Biafra: Yoruba Leaders Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria / Igbos Should Stop Talking About Bifra, It Is A Village In Portugal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.