Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Eze Ndiigbo Explained. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndiigbo Explained. (852 Views)

Ndiigbo: The Love For Jonathan And Hate To Ngige,okorocha Etc. / On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. / Pictures Yoruba Leaders And Eze Ndiigbo During Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eze Ndiigbo Explained. by bodeloja: 11:34am On Oct 17, 2015
Igbos are the only main ethnic group that has no King. Thus, the phrase "Igbo has no king" is famously used amongst the igbos.

Eze Ndiigbo is an elected representative of the igbo community. Many refer to him as the Chief spokes person for the community.

This is because of the simple fact that when everybody is talking at the same time, nobody is listening.

During election time,our Yoruba leaders will move mountain to have an audience with these igbo community representatives.

Here on nairaland we have obeserved the election process that create Eze Ndiigbo.

The last Nairaland Eze Ndiigbo was Onlytruth.

Re: Eze Ndiigbo Explained. by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 17, 2015
Move mountains?

Re: Eze Ndiigbo Explained. by Rich4god(m): 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
9jacrip:
Move mountains?
lol... yousef...
Re: Eze Ndiigbo Explained. by Alphaoscar: 12:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
9jacrip:
Move mountains?

I tire o! Our brother across the Delta with chestbeating and too much self-importance.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndiigbo Explained. by Rainmaker69(m): 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
There shouldn't be anything titular about a chief spokesperson. Sadly, some people focus more on the chief than the spokesperson.
Re: Eze Ndiigbo Explained. by orisa37: 2:31pm On Oct 17, 2015
It's a lie. All we are saying is that eze ndigbo in Yoruba land is taboo. It tantamounts to Ring-leadership, Protest-leaders, Opposition to constituted authorities and Saboteurs. In Yoruba land, every citizen, indigene and resident like an Igbo man or the eze ndigbo himself is responsible directly to Baales who approve their appoinments in the first instance and send them to the Oba for information, as the Baales report directly to the Oba. So, in this Akure case, the so called eze ndigbo jumped the line of authority and responsibity by flagrantly violating the system and byepassing the Baale in his community for outright confrontation with the Oba. On a second thought, could this particular eze ndigbo have arranged for the abduction of Chief Olu Falae? This Igbo rudeness in Akure land is becoming too much. Akure people should take immediate steps to stop Ibos' misdeeds in their midst or drive them all out.
Re: Eze Ndiigbo Explained. by mej67: 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2015
When the President of Federal Republic of Nigeria begins to fear the President of Nigeria Bar Association or President, Igbo Union, then know it is either stark illiteracy or acute inferiority complex.

Eze Ndi Igbo is head or spokesperson or leader of Igbos in any enclave where such exists.

I don't see how a leader of a subset of a large society will be a threat to the traditional ruler of the entire society.

Eze Ndi Igbo is the same with Sarking Hausa or Sarkin Fulani. Forget the razzmatazz of wearing crown and dressing elegantly. It is simply Igboness. Igbos are colourful people. The crown the Eze Igbo is wearing can never be the crown of the traditional ruler and the Eze Igbo has no plan or interest in leading anybody else other that his brother kith and kin, fellow Igbos. So where is the competition?

I read the Afenifere youths saying Igbos want to acquire territory. Where in Nigeria, West Africa, entire Africa and the world has the Igbos taken anybody's land not to talk of territory? Igbos go through laid down steps to acquire land and property, paying due land premium and settling all charges imposed by customary rites or other constituted authority.

Eze Ndi Igbo, wherever it exists in Nigeria is protected by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Ask me and I will tell you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Fayemi Should See: Osun State Gold Mining Problem / 2go Registration And Login / I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.