Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,208 members, 7,957,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:14 PM

Amateur Short Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Amateur Short Stories (665 Views)

My Islamic Short Stories / Google: Short Stories Google Told As They Celebrate Women Today. / Stories That Touch (short Stories) By Aniekan Andikan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amateur Short Stories by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 17, 2015
She looked at him with beautiful, smily eyes; he seemed not to notice. "Hello," she said in her mind. He turned towards her direction, noticing her this time and smiling; she smiled back. "What a beautiful smile," he said in his mind.
She reached out and touched his hand. He laughed and gently touched her face. "Hi dear, hope you are cool? Where are you going?" "Am cool friend, just going home," she replied. "OK! Same here. Hope to see you again one of these days," he said. They continued chatting silently till we got to the bus stop and their mothers alighted from the bus.
I got up from my seat wondering; "how do these babies recognise each other?"

1 Like

Re: Amateur Short Stories by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2015
Betty knew her mind was elsewhere but her body is going to the market. She felt as if a part of her was missing and roaming aimlessly somewhere. On her way to the market, she met Caro. Caro has a shop on the street, but her main business isn't the shop; its knowing what's up with everybody on the street.
"Hello, she said to Betty. 'I have frozen meat and fish today oh.' Are you going out?"
No, na inside my room I dey, Betty answered in her mind. She knew Caro wasn't calling her just to tell her about the frozen food. "Am going to the market and I don't need frozen food today." As she wanted to leave Caro came up with the main question for the call. "Has your sweetheart gone out"?
See question, wetin concern her with Hubby now. Anyway na her way, she must know what's up with everybody. What's she even thinking in her mind? Mtcheeww. "Caro, my sweetheart travelled. let me run along now," Betty finally voiced out.
As she was leaving, it dawned on her why she was feeling so distant all along. Her sweetheart is somewhere far away, on an important mission.
Re: Amateur Short Stories by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 19, 2015
Bella looked at her daughter and wondered, "can I actually be a good mother? I still feel like a kid playing an adult. Watching a child grow can be amazing but being a mother is something entirely different. I still don't know how to be patient when she chooses not to eat the food I give her but prefer the ones on the floor. I still don't know how to avoid being angry when she pours her rice on the floor and picks one grain at a time to eat. I also don't know how to stay calm when she starts crying unnecessarily."
Her phone rang and jerked her back to reality. "Hello, Mummy. Thanks for all the things you sent us. My kitchen now looks like a market." At the other end, her mother replied; "My dear, don't mention. I am your mother and am only doing what I should do. Am calling to remind you how to preserve the food stuff for it to stay longer without spoiling...."
Bella slipped back to her state of meditation after speaking with her mother. "I don't think I can ever be like my Mum. She is so caring and loving. I remember how easily she forgives when I offend her back then as a kid. She won't only forgive, but she will start calling me by my pet name immediately. Does such a heart come with being a mother or am I supposed to start learning?"
She got up, went to her kitchen and looked around; imagining how she will cook her favourite foods: African-salad, ora soup, breadfruit, banga soup and plantain in various forms; fried, porridge or boiled to be eaten with oil and ugba.
Re: Amateur Short Stories by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
Sometimes, we don't know how we become friends with people. I have tried so hard to remember our first meeting, but it seemed lost in my memory. Though she remembers it and from what she said, she didn't like me at first sight and didn't believe we will eventually become friends. We got talking anyway and from small chats, it bloomed to more personal sweet chats.
I enjoy chatting with her because though she is very young, she has a sound mind, she acts mature (a bit), she isn't naive and she is intelligent. Physically, she is very tall and well shaped for her age. She is also beautiful and I love her; that kind of love you feel strongly. But, the problem is, she doesn't believe me. I know she feels something for me; though I don't know whether its love. But when someone cares enough to know how you feel, enjoys chatting with you and feels bad when you don't spend time with her; it shows some special emotions exist.
"Now, the problem is, I really need to show her I care. How do you show someone that you really care about her? Should I sing special songs for her, send her flowers or buy her chocolate? How about cooking her a nice meal or writing a short love story for her? How do I just sweep her off her feet?" These thoughts continued on my mind till sleep stole me away.

(1) (Reply)

**stolen** / Love Story / It Costs A Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.