Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. (1532 Views)

My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / I Snubbed Him 12 Years Ago In School, Today We Have 3 Kids / MIRACLE! After 12 Years Of Barrenness, Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
For failing to fulfill his promise of marrying his long time sweetheart whom he cohabited with for the past 12 years, a Mutare man has been arraigned before the courts.

Norman Chirikure was dragged to court by his girlfriend, Violet Madzimure, who had made a maintenance claim for personal use.

Madzimure told the court that the $130 she was claiming monthly was compensation for the time her boyfriend wasted, promising to marry her.

“This man is full of empty promises and for the past 12 years he has been promising to marry me but to no avail. Your worship, I rejected potential suitors because I thought he would marry me like he had promised but up to now there is nothing, for he has not paid my bride price. What hurts me most is that he left without saying goodbye. Chirikure has finally dumped me and at my age no one wants to marry me. He has to pay me that maintenance as compensation,” she said.

Chirikure however told the court that he was not in love with Madzimure as alleged though he admitted that he had been in a relationship with her for the past 12 years. “I was not staying with her. She was only my girlfriend but I don’t think that I have to be forced to marry anyone. Besides in those 12 years that we were dating, she sired a child with another man and that discouraged me from marrying her. Why should I be ordered to pay maintenance to someone who I am not married to and have no children with?,” he thundered.,

Mrs Chigodora dismissed the maintenance application and told Madzimure that she was not liable to receive maintenance from Chirikure since he was not her husband and they had not sired any children together.

However, Madzimure was advised to sue Chirikure for breach of promises and not maintenance.

1 Share

Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2015
So she chose to wait for 12 years and now she claims he wasted her time?

NifemiOlu, come and see another example of people making themselves comfortable in the 'I-am-a-victim-position' instead of taking responsibility for themselves and their choices.
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by NifemiOlu(m): 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
Lol
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by Rukkydelta(f): 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ok
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2015
So within the twelve years she had a child for someone else, and expects the guy to still marry her? how dumb.

1 Like

Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by yomi007k(m): 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2015
Thief...

U go born 4 anoda man
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by SAMBARRY: 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
Choi

Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by lilmax(m): 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
She is a fool,a useless being, thats all I have to say cool
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by An2elect2(f): 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
lilmax:
She is a fool,a useless being, thats all I have to say cool

lilmax, sorry for intruding, but are you a little man named max? smiley
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by cococandy(f): 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2015
Why didn't she dump him after 2yrs of relationship and no headway? She chose to wait?
What some girls don't know is that even the boyfriend is not interested in marriage and knows that you are, the last thing he will do is tell you to walk away and find someone who's ready to marry as you do.
If you like be there waiting for him for 20yrs, he will keep quiet and let you stay for those 20yrs as long as he's getting whatever it is you're giving him in the relationship.

She got served like the mumu she is.
He will invite her to his wedding next month.
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by montezz(f): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
12yrs? lol. it was her choice! she deserved to be treated like that.....
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by lilmax(m): 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
An2elect2:

lilmax, sorry for intruding, but are you a little man named max? smiley
why are you so curious? smiley
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by An2elect2(f): 10:51am On Oct 18, 2015
lilmax:
why are you so curious? smiley
I like you tongue
Tell me you not little
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by Chubhie: 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
Many Naija guys are guilty of same offence.
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by lilmax(m): 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
An2elect2:

I like you tongue

Tell me you not little
i should tell you I'm not little? Okay I am not little wink
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by An2elect2(f): 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
lilmax:
i should tell you I'm not little? Okay I am not little wink

smiley smiley too bad, i don't like looking down on men embarassed
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by CoCoLav(f): 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
Her lawyer messed up! Its supposed to be breach of promise to marry with an action for damages and she will smile to the bank.
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by enygmababe: 7:31am On Oct 19, 2015
CoCoLav:
Her lawyer messed up! Its supposed to be breach of promise to marry with an action for damages and she will smile to the bank.

Chai!!! Coco, why did she not brief me now? Depending on when the child was born he may have waived his right to complain about having the child for another man sef undecided
Re: Sued For Not Marrying Girlfriend In 12 Years. by CoCoLav(f): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2015
enygmababe:

Chai!!! Coco, why did she not brief me now? Depending on when the child was born he may have waived his right to complain about having the child for another man sef undecided

So sad...that's how the man has walked away just like that
Anyway, I don't think its red judicata yet, she can still bring an action so you still have a chance cheesy

(1) (Reply)

My Younger Sister Is So Nice! / Motherhood Changed My Life - Anna Barner / The Fate Of A Discontented And Wicked Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.