Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? (5276 Views)

Who Is Linda Ikeji's Ex-Boyfriend She Is Engaged To? / BBNaija: Ahneeka Maryanne Iwuchukwu Is Linda Ikeji Red Carpet Presenter (Video) / Linda Ikeji So Beautiful As She Covers Thisday Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Djicemob: 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
Before you have my head and portray me as a hater as expected, hear me out.I love Linda,i admire/respect her hustle and most importantly,i'd love to marry her...lol.So My question is not born out of hatred,envy or jealousy but just plain curiousity of a complete novice in the blogging sphere...And maybe even draw some kind of genuine inspiration through feedbacks of intelligent nairalanders in-the-know of these things.

MY CURIOSITY
How is Linda Ikeji able to rack up so much money from a niche that is not unique to only her.We have over thousands of bloggers doing what she does? I mean! Gossip and entertainment news! really?

Do they(google or whatever/whoever is responsible) pay her thousands of naira for each reader that visits her blog?

How is she able to buy houses,cars and other expensive stuffs racking over half a billion naira altogether?

Does it have something to do with the number of visitors in her blog?

Is the number of people visiting her blog even half the number of people on africa's largest forum -nairaland?

Is the number of people that visit her blog in a day even up to the number that visits nairaland in one hour?

If its what am thinking,is it not safe to say the owner of nairaland is hundred times richer than her? Why does it seem the other way round?

IN CONCLUSION
Is there something the public dont know? Is there a secret to her mind boggling success,that other bloggers are yet to know,is it luck or just good ol hardwork?

I would love to learn something new today

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by benedictnsi(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2015
Why so worried about someone who is not even bothered about you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by tmlewin13(m): 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
Thanks for this# this has always been in my mind for donkey weeks#All these questions needs to be provided with answers#Nairalanders.........Grabs A Sit&CrossLegs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Djicemob: 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
benedictnsi:
I was expecting this same line from someone.

So typical of nigerians

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
I believe she was able to launch herself into the blogging business when it was a relatively new and totally uncompetitive thing, unlike what we have today. Many of the current bloggers may be reacting to her story of fame and wealth. Timing is invaluable in business success.

And she seems to be passionately engaged with the business- she's NOT entirely in it for the money. And then she has found her own way of keeping this passion ongoing.

Likewise, there are thousands of opportunities yet identified and untapped by us; we only need to look around us and DARE to FAIL! She dared to fail. And she has succeeded.

You're not alone brother. I've always pondered on her fame and wealth. I love the wealthy.

While many folks are getting unnecessarily worked up over her being yet single, this smart lady keeps minding her business, while her accounts swell as the days go by.

This is my OPINION!

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by benedictnsi(m): 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2015
Djicemob:
I was expecting this same line from someone.

So typical of nigerians

Quoting me still doesn't make you an English man or A German

1 Like

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2015
benedictnsi:

To be wealthy and successful, one must, of necessity, identify and study the lives of the wealthy and successful. It's a law!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by guyXander(m): 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
There are more than 50 adverts on her blog. Your question should be good much does she charge to put an advert. And I don't mean the Google adverts oh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Djicemob: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
dearpreye:

To be wealthy and successful, one must, of necessity, identify and study the lives of the wealthy and successful. It's a law!
Thanks. Reasons i was tempted to ignore his contribution.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by hahn(m): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
I agree with dearpreye. Linda has been in the blogging business for years and I remember she once stated that she was blogging for up to 5 years before she started making real money. The "Aluu incident" got to her first and that was what really launched her blog into fame.

These new bloggers have nothing on her. She's in a league of her own. She also had good mentorship from aydee, he claimed and she didn't deny so it's a natural assumption and he gave her the necessary tips on how to make her blog a success. Most bloggers/business people don't have good mentoring and therefore don't build their blogs or businesses on a good foundation and of course, they come into the game expecting to make money over night forgetting that Linda blogged conssistently for over 5years.

As regards her income, she makes money from adsense and also advertising. Send her an email and ask for her advert packages and you'll be surprised at the amount she makes. She's is also highly ranked on alexa meaning she has lots of traffic coming to her blog.

Her story is a typical success story of preparation(good mentorship, consistency and persistence) meeting opportunity(in this case the aluu 4 news).

All in all, she's a true role model for every aspiring Nigerian entrepreneur and I have nothing but respect and love for her.

As long as you are doing what you do with consistency and persistence, her success will be the start for you.

God bless Nigeria!

benedictnsi:

She's a success and it is only natural for people who wish to achieve her status to observe her in order to emulate her strategies and learn from her failures with the hope of replicating her achievement.

Ignorance is not meant to be put on public display but hidden as a personal embarrassment.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 17, 2015
Oyel bunkering grin
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Djicemob: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2015
dearpreye:
I believe she was able to launch herself into the blogging business when it was a relatively new and totally uncompetitive thing, unlike what we have today. Many of the current bloggers may be reacting to her story of fame and wealth. Timing is invaluable in business success.

And she seems to be passionately engaged with the business- she's NOT entirely in it for the money. And then she has found her own way of keeping this passion ongoing.

Likewise, there are thousands of opportunities yet identified and untapped by us; we only need to look around us and DARE to FAIL! She dared to fail. And she has succeeded.

You're not alone brother. I've always pondered on her fame and wealth. I love the wealthy.

While many folks are getting unnecessarily worked up over her being yet single, this smart lady keeps minding her business, while her accounts swell as the days go by.

This is my OPINION!
Tapping from your wealth of intelligence Mr dearpreye.

Inspiring...Reasons for creating the thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Djicemob: 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2015
@Hahn

Wonderful write-up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by hahn(m): 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2015
Also, op as regards your comparism with linda's blog and nairaland, seun seems to be an extreme introvert. I have never seen him at any awards or public function. Even his picture is not on the internet as opposed to Linda who is always in the media.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by hahn(m): 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2015
Djicemob:
@Hahn

Wonderful write-up

Thanks. Linda is worthy of emulation
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
Djicemob:
Tapping from your wealth of intelligence Mr dearpreye.

Inspiring...Reasons for creating the thread

We all need to be inspired to becoming our very best.

Have you read the great comment from Mr hahn about her persistence, timing and eventual success? I'll read it once again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by hahn(m): 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2015
dearpreye:

We all need to be inspired to becoming our very best.

Have you read the great comment from Mr hahn about her persistence, timing and eventual success? I'll read it once again.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
Rules of the rich.
1. The rich are always investing in things that will yield returns. You think she spends her earnings hosting owambe every weekend?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Djicemob: 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Rules of the rich.
1. The rich are always investing in things that will yield returns. You think she spends her earnings hosting owambe every weekend?
Smart talk grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Orikinla(m): 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
Is Linda Ikeji EXCESSIVELY RICH?
Even the richest man in Africa, Alhaji Aliko Dangote is not even excessively rich.

She is rich and nothing excessively.
Nigerians and their English. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by naijaboiy: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
My own is that her sister,Laura,should stop making noise whenever Linda acquires a new property.

She's drawing unnecessary attention to their family and acting like she just escaped from poverty.

This is Nigeria,when kidnappers settle down and kidnap either their father or mother and request for $100m her body go rest. undecided

13 Likes

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
lipsrsealed It is obvious there is more to her riches than blogging. She might just be fronting for one of these oil drinking politicians. #justsaying #myopinion #nothating #notbothered

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by ipledge10(m): 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
Orikinla:
Is Linda Ikeji EXCESSIVELY RICH?
Even the richest man in Africa, Alhaji Aliko Dangote is not even excessively rich.

She is rich and nothing excessively.
Nigerians and their English. grin
Dangote is excessively rich
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by ipledge10(m): 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
I am coming
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2015
Linda makes a lot of money from blogging ...agreed!....

But not as much as she is flaunting.... a lot s going on at the background that we mere mortals don't know..

But if you tell me it's only blogging, I will pour you hot oil! angry

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Ijebulogic(m): 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
The secrets of wealth and success are not to be discovered on Nairaland. Do what you love and what are naturally blessed to do. Mikel Obi may have been a useless banker and Jim Ovia a useless footballer.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
Have you guys considered the fact that she may have just made a down payment on the house/cars and still be making monthly payments a la hire purchase?

Abeg take it easy with hyping her riches before kidnappers strike O!

Meanwhile, yes she make a lot from blogging, asides from the adsense revenue, she charges a lot from her ads and sponsored posts so abeg quit it with the Politicians/sugar daddy theory, not every successful woman is a slut

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by pomporiking: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Linda makes a lot of money from blogging ...agreed!....

But not as much as she is flaunting.... a lot s going on at the background that we mere mortals don't know..

But if you tell me it's only blogging, I will pour you hot oil! angry

You may be right but visit her blog and look at all the adverts there.linda charges 500k in some cases
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by DJBIGGY(m): 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2015
Nigerians oooo. Can't we learn to mind our business and focus on our hustle. Recall during the election time when she posted that politicians are paying mad money to run ads? una don forget? i can imagine how much apc and pdp paid per ads and she ran a lot of sponsored post for them. It is just one of those unexpected God blessings that pushed her up.

God will give us all something to put behind our past and tell the story like bosses

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
pomporiking:

You may be right but visit her blog and look at all the adverts there.linda charges 500k in some cases

And so? undecided....people that own advertising agencies and media houses never buy house for Banana island.. come be this one....
Don't get me wrong, she makes money from adverts no doubt, but for you to shell out 850m comfortably to buy a house.... .haba na!... you sef think am na.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by bencobenz(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
She's probably investing the money she makes as a blogger to some businesses with good returns

1 Like

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by ogawisdom(m): 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2015
It is incredible what she claims to b making from blogging, she may b a high profile coded runs girl angry

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Wizkid Before Fame In Nov.2009 / Olamide Now Rocks A Face Tattoo / Femi Otedola's Daughter, Temi Emptys UK Home For Lagos Relocation (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.