Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Stop Calling This A Scam!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stop Calling This A Scam!!! (1799 Views)

Has Clubkonnect Turned To A Scam Site, Somebody Help / 6 Months After! Fidelity Bank Apologizes To Lady After Calling Them Out Today / Buhari: BDC Is A Scam And Drain To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Calling This A Scam!!! by engrbrume(m): 2:53am On Oct 18, 2015
I urge the owners and moderators of Nairaland to do a little research and establish for themselves that there is a big difference between Ponzi schemes, HIYPs and Network Marketing or Multi-Level Marketing!It's a huge disservice to the millions of Network Marketers to refer to a perfectly legitimate business a scam, whether directly or indirectly ! Just to help you a bit; Forever Living Products, Organo Gold, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Avon sell their products using the Network Marketing Model. Now are these all scams?
Re: Stop Calling This A Scam!!! by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 18, 2015
YES!
Re: Stop Calling This A Scam!!! by frisky2good(m): 9:35am On Oct 18, 2015
MLM is not scam but most forums don't allow it. Simple! Too many promises are made when in the actual sense 90% of participants will find it difficult to cope. Tell me why a product should be expensive just because we have to pay royalty to uplines (or what are they called). Most of the products involved are even products whose claims cannot be verified.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Calling This A Scam!!! by NwabuezeWini: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2015
They are scam cos even d marketers are not sincere. They will promise u heaven and earth blf u register and once u register u will discover that all d heaven and earth u where promised are not true or realistic. Maybe 5% of people that venture into it succeed while others lose so is a scam simple. Any business that is not feasible is a scam

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling This A Scam!!! by engrbrume(m): 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
Based on the points above, we therefore need to be wary of scammers! Anything can be a scam. Scammers are everywhere on Nairaland. They are in the auto section. They are in the career, business and property sections. Does that make selling cars, properties, or offering job opportunities scams? I'm sure your answer is no. Network Marketing as an industry is over 50years old. A network marketing company like Forever Living Products has been in Nigeria for 15 years. NwabuezeWini said the Marketers are not sincere. That's right! Many of them know that the people they speak to will not lift a finger to do any additional research. Anybody who wants quick money that doesn't involve hard work will fall for a scam. Simple. Then they blame everyone else!
I would rather buy products from a network marketing distributor instead of from a large retail shop. The simple reason is that a percentage of my money will touch the lives of honest, hard working people, as opposed to inflating already bloated empires!
Re: Stop Calling This A Scam!!! by akeensbussy(m): 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Network Marketing is a scam...why do u want to sell through networking? why not bring it to the table and let everybody buy just like buying other product in the market.
Re: Stop Calling This A Scam!!! by engrbrume(m): 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
akeensbussy:
Network Marketing is a scam...why do u want to sell through networking? why not bring it to the table and let everybody buy just like buying other product in the market.

Don't show your ignorance before you do research. There are many ways to sell products, and Network Marketing is one. If you know nothing about something, it should push you to do a bit of research before you make ignorant comments.

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling This A Scam!!! by damola1: 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Collect money from 20 people share 10 inside with 3 people, you keep the remaining 10, ask the remaining 17 to look for more people and see alert that the other 3 got.

It's a scam. It's fraud, cos some have been doing for long don't mean is not fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Calling This A Scam!!! by engrbrume(m): 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
damola1:
Collect money from 20 people share 10 inside with 3 people, you keep the remaining 10, ask the remaining 17 to look for more people and see alert that the other 3 got.

It's a scam. It's fraud, cos some have been doing for long don't mean is not fraud.

@ Damola1, there is a difference between Ponzi schemes and Network Marketing. You attempted to sound smart, but you made this crucial error. I'm taking my time to address this issue because there is too much misinformation out there, most of which comes from people who know nothing! Network Marketing involves products, and Network Marketing companies have been around for years. Ponzi schemes involve distributing money, and never last long.

Watch this movie to understand what network marketing really is. It's called "Rise of the Entrepreneur" and was painstakingly produced to inform people like you.

http://www.myinspiredmedia.com/video/rise-entrepreneur/9900/the-rise-of-entrepreneur-movie-the-full-movie#forward
Re: Stop Calling This A Scam!!! by ymomoh: 10:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Still believe MLM a scam? Then think again. Most mlm i have get myself involved were all genuine. Just last week i join an mlm club through nairaland and made myself $150 in just five(5) days. Doubt it? Register free here:http://www.reality-networkers.com/index.php?refid=5419353
Re: Stop Calling This A Scam!!! by engrbrume(m): 10:20am On Nov 01, 2015
Happy New Month!
Re: Stop Calling This A Scam!!! by Bright432: 11:55pm On May 01, 2020
What of the sub distributor membership love is it really legit??

(1) (Reply)

Caustic Soda For Sale @affordable Prices/bag&ton / Bill Gates Gives $4.6bn To Charity In Biggest Donation Since 2000 / Enter Here To Learn How to Start Attachment And Weavon Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.