Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,094 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

How To Make The Right Decision On Sexual Relationship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Make The Right Decision On Sexual Relationship (661 Views)

Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Queen Esther, An Usher: "Apostle Suleman And I Were In Sexual Relationship" / Exclusive:another Lady Claims Sexual Relationship Wt Apostle Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make The Right Decision On Sexual Relationship by rufuselijah1(m): 6:05am On Oct 18, 2015
Your decision today is the seed that will speak for your tomorrow.

Decision Making skill is one of the best skills a person can develop in order to attain personal success in life.
Your decision will determine your destination.
Decision making skill is the ability to make the right choices that will bring you blessings in life and not destruction.

Sexual relationship is a kind of relationship where a person is sexually active (I mean engage in sexual activity) with his/her partner.

A lot of people today and living a life of regret and pain because of poor decisions they made.

As a youth or single, for you to achieve a healthy sexual relationship in the future, you must make the right decisions today.

A lot of young people are in the dilemma of whether to become sexually active or not, whether to stop or start a relationship, whether to have a kid now or focus on their school or even whether to get married or remain single. These are some of the issues that run through the heart of many.

Sexual issues are no casual issues.
You must not be too quick to make sexual decisions because whatever you do will have a profound effect on your destiny and success in life.
Your decisions about sexual relationship will affect your life plans, health, finance, family, career and relationship with God—I mean everything about YOU.

Why People Make Wrong Decisions on Sexual Relationship

1. Sexual feelings: A lot of people enter into a sexual relationship because of their sexual drive not because of love. When a person cannot lead his/her sexual feelings, then will be influence negatively by those feelings and will try to seek satisfaction for their sexual need.

2. Peer pressure and associations: It is true that iron sharpens iron and like begat like. This is law of association. We become like the people will align ourselves with. Many people enter into sexual relationship because their friends are all sexually active and they want to have sense of belonging.

3. The mass media deception: The media (most especially internet, television and music) has done a lot of harm to our youth in the society. The media have presented a society that sees nothing wrong with people entering sexual relationship before getting married. The media has taken hold of the mind of young people and this has influenced people negatively into entering into sexual relationship.

4. Ignorance: This is really a big virus affecting so many young people. So many entering into sexual relationship without knowing the impact of sexual involvement on one’s life. Of a truth, people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Lack of proper sex education is really affecting our churches, families, schools and society at large.

5. Taking of harmful drugs and alcohol: Drugs and alcohol has a strong power to affect our emotions negatively. This can lead us into making wrong decision on sexual relationship. Most young people who began drinking and smoking will always crown it with sexual activity.

6. The god of Condom: A lot of young people are influence into sexual relationship because of the myth of safe sex…the use of condoms and contraceptives. They belief that has long as they can purchase a condom they are ready for sexual involvement.

7. Family background and environment place a large role in forming our sexual identity. Parents who have a poor sexual lifestyle will end up breeding kids who will grow up into making wrong decisions on sexual relationship. Our environment reveals the people’s culture and belief system. For example, an environment that sees nothing wrong with homosexuality and prostitution tend to raise up people with such a sexual lifestyle.

The impact of Wrong Decision on Sexual Relationship

1. It can lead to sexual abuse and molestation.
2. It can lead to abortion and its complications.
3. It can lead to unwanted pregnancy.
4. It can lead to heart break, emotional trauma/psychological stress.
5. It can lead to contracting STIs and HIV/AIDS.
6. It destroys destiny and careers.
7. It brings separation between you and God.
8. It brings loss of virginity.
9. It brings loss of self respect and self esteem.
10. It can cause financial setback and struggle.

Here are some factors that will influence you towards making the right decision concerning sexual relationship.

1. Seek the truth about sex and its purpose from the Word of God and not from friends or the mass media.

2. Ask the Holy Spirit, who is called the Spirit of Truth, to guide you into making the right decision towards any sexual issue. The Holy Spirit also gives power to resist temptation and also ability to control our sexual feelings.

3. Associate with Wise Counselors and people who believe in sexual purity. This will affect your decision on whether it is necessary to involve in sexual relationship or not. Remember Iron sharpens iron.

4. Patience is a virtue. I have learned this lesson the hard way. A lot of young people are in a hurry to satisfy their sexual urge and are not willing to wait for their time. When you have this virtue of patience, it will influence your decision not to rush into sexual relationship because you see others in it.

5. Your relationship with God matters when making sexual decisions. You must ask yourself that, “Should I seek to satisfy and please my flesh or to make my Heavenly Father Happy?” which is more important.

Some benefits of making the Right Decisions on Sexual Relationship

1. It will protect your destiny and purpose.
2. It bring protect your honor, glory, dignity and respect.
3. It will preserve you from STIs and HIV/AIDs.
4. It will help you to become responsible and focus.
5. Sexual purity clarifies your vision and direction to your destination.
6. It will help you to avoid regret, set back, heart break and unnecessary emotional/mentral drainage.
7. It will help you to achieve your goal.
8. It builds your self esteem and confidence.
9. It helps you to build a strong relationship with God and people.

Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend that gives you sexual satisfaction?
Are you thinking of entering a new sexual relationship?

Let this article lead you into making the right decision that will build your life and help you to reach the height you desire in life.

Note: (for help/prayer and counseling and also free materials on how you can walk in sexual purity and freedom, reach me on rufusyamoah@yahoo.com or call 07037488806)

Rufus E. Yamoah
Sexual Morality Counselor
Re: How To Make The Right Decision On Sexual Relationship by LEOSIRSIR(m): 6:09am On Oct 18, 2015
MODIFIED, am not yet married but I sure take note of your points
Ok

guyz today is my birthday oo u should all show some love with like
Re: How To Make The Right Decision On Sexual Relationship by Beesluv: 6:12am On Oct 18, 2015
On point
Re: How To Make The Right Decision On Sexual Relationship by ikbnice(m): 6:23am On Oct 18, 2015
I hope people take to all these. This is a complete sermon.

1 Like

Re: How To Make The Right Decision On Sexual Relationship by datjohn(m): 6:39am On Oct 18, 2015
Gud
Re: How To Make The Right Decision On Sexual Relationship by rufuselijah1(m): 8:03am On Oct 19, 2015
LEOSIRSIR:
MODIFIED, am not yet married but I sure take note of your points
Ok

guyz today is my birthday oo u should all show some love with like

I wish happy birthday my beloved. God bless you and increase His grace in your life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Is Wicked: Pastor Tells Congregation / Please Someone Should Refute This For Me / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/12/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.