Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,592 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read (12918 Views)

Photo Of A Man Found In A Bottle In Ghana, Floating In A River / The Pastor With The 'Magic' Jacket (Photos, Video) / "Fire From Above Burns Jacket Of A Man Who Doubted Zimbabwean Pastor" - Says ECG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by mubarak001(m): 10:39am On Jan 24, 2016
Whn I can read, I will come bak and comment...lemme book space for now.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by pulsa(m): 10:39am On Jan 24, 2016
Toks2008:
Lalasticlala this piece is a good one for a sunday.

Read through and you will see that it does not in anyway attack any religion but very objective and insightful.

He is myopic in his reasoning what if he dies and realises Allah is god, the Muslims were right, and that his believing of Jesus as god was blasphemous.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Temihatz(m): 10:41am On Jan 24, 2016
I don't think OP is a Muslim. #Justsaying undecided
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by RiffRaff: 10:43am On Jan 24, 2016
There are over 50, 000 different religions in the world. All claiming to be the way, the truth and life.
what if Jesus is not the way? what if Krishna, Wutang, Bial or monhele is the way?

christianity alone has 10, 000 different sect. yall cant even agree on how ur want to worship this God.
some say dont wear shoe.
some say dont wear trouser.
some say dont wear jewelry.
so many rules and laws.

i say religious people are confused. i'd take the gamble of not following any religion. As long as i live a happy fufilled life and add God things to humanity.

Everybody is going to hell.. christian will burn in muslim hell for not Accepting Allah as the only God.
Muslims will burn in Christian hell for not accepting Jesus died for them.
Both Christians and muslims will burn in the hell of the other Gods & 50, 000 other religion for not believing their Gods.

The idea of a God & religion itself is stup!d.
an all powerful God created a devil that turned rogue. he then turned himself to human, Jesus, to die for the sins of humanity & to save humans from the hell fire he created for them if they dont believe he died for them. buhahahahababanahha.. too hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by muhamadnur: 10:49am On Jan 24, 2016
Toks2008:
I have always wondered how easy it is for people to bring down the beliefs of others because to me this is grossly unfair and not necessary.

I believe in the muslim faith and i also believe in christianity...i respect the Athiest mindset and that is the way to go.

Everyone has a right to his or her beliefs but no matter what we believe,there is always a constant which is the truth and so i always ask myself some questions like, what if it was not necessary to accept Jesus as my lord and Savior? what if there is no GOD? What if there is no judgement,heaven or hell? What if there is no life after death?

But before i made my decision some years ago on what to believe,i pondered over this story and i want you all to read.

Some men were to embark on a compulsory one way journey to a certain destination but there is an unfounded story going round that on the route to that destination,there is a big river they must cross and the best way to be on the safer side is to take with them a life jacket because without a life jacket,they will never be able to cross that river to the other side.

Fortunately,this life jacket is a very light one that does not add any significant weight to their luggage and if they get to that river and realize they don't need the life jacket,they have nothing to lose and will just cross over anyways but if they get to that river and realize they need that jacket to cross over,they have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

This is the case we face today; The Bible says we must believe that Jesus died for us and accept him as Saviour(Which is a synonym of the life jacket) before we can have an everlasting life in paradise(Cross the river)

Atheists say you don't need to believe there is a GOD let alone Jesus before you can have a good after life.

Christians say you need to accept Jesus Christ as lord and Saviour in order to have a good after life.

The Muslims believe that Jesus was a servant of God who was sent to the world but never died for them and they need not believe in his death and resurrection.

Now this is the interesting thing to ponder over:

1.If as an Atheist you believe there is GOD and accept Jesus as lord and savior and you die and realize you really do not need to believe all these,you definitely have nothing to lose at all but if you realize that your decision to believe these paid off,i guess you have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

2.For the Muslims who believe that Jesus was never crucified hence no need to accept him as savior,what if you die and realize you were wrong all along,you will definitely have everything to lose and nothing to gain but if you accept Jesus today and you die to realize you made a wise decision, you will have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

I have made my choice many years ago and if i die today and realize there is no GOD,no life after death,no judgment,no heaven or hell,i honestly have nothing to lose even if i have nothing to gain,its still safe but if i die this moment and realize that i made the right choice believing there is GOD and that Jesus actually died as a lamb of GOD to save the world from eternal condemnation i have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

MAY GOD NOT LET US BE AMONG THOSE WHO WILL KNOW THE TRUTH AFTER WE LEAVE THIS WORLD WHICH APPARENTLY WILL BE TOO LATE.IT COSTS US NOTHING TO BELIEVE THERE IS GOD AND THAT JESUS DIED TO TAKE AWAY OUR SINS.PLEASE LETS PLAY SAFE.

[size=14pt]Think about this[/size]

we muslim believe in the resurrectiön of jesus. And a servant of god.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by millhouse: 10:49am On Jan 24, 2016
S
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by BayLord01(m): 10:49am On Jan 24, 2016
ernesty20:
Nice piece

very wrong and bias, then what will a Christian do if they die and find out Jesus is just a servant and Moh'd is the last messenger. You only advice Muslim to belief in Christianity.

3 Likes

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by layinks60: 10:51am On Jan 24, 2016
At the first instance I thought your trend was going to be a reasonable one but when I read through I realized it was actually senseless and sentimentalic in a way.. You be like you've made your choice long ago and if you later got to realized there is nothing called heaven, hell or life after death that you've got nothing to loose cus it's safe and it were to be true you have a lot to gain..

Your justifications doesn't really match at all unscrupulous in a way.

There is an apparent sentimentalize utterances in your thread.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by snezBaba: 10:51am On Jan 24, 2016
Well firstly am a muslim and u've made a big mistake in bringing out the views of Islam.According to the Quran,Isa(A.S) i.e Jesus is a prophet of Allah(GOD) and he was not crucified but ascended to Heaven for which he will later come back to this Earth to finish his work and end Dajal i.e Anti-christ...So in other words Muslim believe that Isa is coming back.Infact the Quran teaches that if you dont believe in all prophets including Isa you are not a muslim.
smiley
On a lighter note,If you die and GOD doesnt exist you wont even exist anymore to regret about anything.And to the atheist who says he will want to question God on the day of judgement.My first question to the atheist will be: "What is the definition of God?" For a person to say there is no God, he should know what is the meaning of God. If I hold a book and say that ‘this is a pen’, for the opposite person to say, ‘it is not a pen’, he should know what is the definition of a pen, even if he does not know nor is able to recognise or identify the object I am holding in my hand. For him to say this is not a pen, he should at least know what a pen means. Similarly for an atheist to say ‘there is no God’, he should at least know the concept of God. His concept of God would be derived from the surroundings in which he lives. The god that a large number of people worship has got human qualities - therefore he does not believe in such a god. Similarly a Muslim too does not and should not believe in such false gods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Tijay90(m): 10:57am On Jan 24, 2016
It costs A LOT to believe in a god...not just ur money,but the sizeable amount of time you could spend doing more worthwhile things. Religion(god) is the root of the world's problems: from the Jews who say that they're god's chosen(just like the Nazis), to al qaeda,boko haram & Daesh,( who are only practising their religion in its true form),it's obvious that this god thing is a delusion...simply man's attempt to control his fellow man.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by allanphash7(m): 11:04am On Jan 24, 2016
Honestly i dont believe i read this piece

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Mintayo(m): 11:04am On Jan 24, 2016
Jesus is the way... No other. It's one thing to believe, it's another thing to accept!
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by honeric01(m): 11:25am On Jan 24, 2016
What if its not the one you believe in?

What if its one out of these lot?

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by bobchigar(m): 11:29am On Jan 24, 2016
BayLord01:

very wrong and bias, then what will a Christian do if they die and find out Jesus is just a servant and Moh'd is the last messenger. You only advice Muslim to belief in Christianity.
Thank you. In addition, muslims believe in existence of Jesus, his mircles and all good about him. In fact the mulims believe that one is not a muslim until he believe in all the prophets of Allah including Jesus and Prophet Mohammed(S.A.W) was the last prophet. So in summary,in Islam,Jesus is also recognised but christians do not recogised prophet Muhammed at all.

1 Like

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by matrix600(m): 11:31am On Jan 24, 2016
Why do people believe that there's nothing to lose when you die and find out there's no God. If there's no God other theories are bound to be true..

1. The alien conspiracy theory might just be true and you'll end up having your soul harvested by these aliens you already submitted yourselves to.

2. Blackroot science claims that we're gods, what if it turns out to be true and you find out you've been living under an illusion of some made up God, while ignoring the true God(you), therefore unable to save yourself due to your willful submission to the manipulation of the creators of the false gods.

3. What if your ancestors and the God of your ancestors were the only true way to salvation, having shunned them to embrace other people's own, thereby cutting yourself off from your ancestors, your only real channel of existence.

4. What if God(the true one) accepts only those who decide to exercise their God-given faculty of 'REASON' and employ it in all they do and believe.. I.e the sort of people who surrender everything to reason, to which more atheist
than theists belong.

There's alot to lose if you're not right, you cant carry a wrong concept all your life and expect to lose nothing in the end.

So my advice is this- Live Life, accept the good, play a role to reduce the bad, prevent the ugly if you can. Forget about heavenly race, face the present, lend a hand, save a life, make a sacrifice, nurture the earth that you've been given. Make your own little contribution to the progress of mankind. Leave a mark in someone's heart. Believe whatever you want but Live free, love yourself and love others. I think this is the way to go.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by abbaapple: 11:46am On Jan 24, 2016
menesheh:
Pascal's wager is very old argument nah refuted severally.

If you die and find out (if you can) that their is no god that issued this various religious tenets, let's assume you were given an opportunity to spend another lifetime, promise me, you will not keep regretting throughout, such high volume of ignorance in your previous life.

Of i die and find out later that there is this God, waiting patiently to deal with me for mere disbelieving, if he couldn't allow me to explain myself after-all, I will be happy to receiving such punishment knowing fully well that am morally upright than such god.

I have pretty enough questions to ask if ever i could be given just five minutes to question god.
So u tink u re dat smart huh?! Dat shows hw ignorance u re to qstn God. May God forgv U dude.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by AMY1991(m): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2016
In Islam, a purported belief is disbelief, if the purported believer believes not with full conviction of its definite truth, but as a PLAN B to avoid punishment (if eventually true). So anyone who has a PLAN B belief like the OP is also a disbeliever

As for the Atheists who believe there is no God/ supernatural being responsible for this world & everything in it, and that the world & everything therein Justo occurred by accident.

The analogy for them is simple, you left your home very early in the morning with ur home not arranged. But on returning home, you found out everything well arranged, the home sparkling clean, with ur clothes thoroughly washed, ironed & arranged. Would you say all these just happened on its own by accident without someone responsible. That is the response, how would any sane person allege there's no God in view of the jaw dropping order of this world. The alternating of the day & night, the coming of the rain & the dry season, the various mineral deposits beneath the earth, the death & life of living things, the order order among social insects like ants who live in an organized caste system. Only a full would see all these signs & still believe that there's No supernatural being responsible & That all these things are happening by chance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by lomprico(m): 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
Toks2008:
I have always wondered how easy it is for people to bring down the beliefs of others because to me this is grossly unfair and not necessary.

I believe in the muslim faith and i also believe in christianity...i respect the Athiest mindset and that is the way to go.

Everyone has a right to his or her beliefs but no matter what we believe,there is always a constant which is the truth and so i always ask myself some questions like, what if it was not necessary to accept Jesus as my lord and Savior? what if there is no GOD? What if there is no judgement,heaven or hell? What if there is no life after death?

But before i made my decision some years ago on what to believe,i pondered over this story and i want you all to read.

Some men were to embark on a compulsory one way journey to a certain destination but there is an unfounded story going round that on the route to that destination,there is a big river they must cross and the best way to be on the safer side is to take with them a life jacket because without a life jacket,they will never be able to cross that river to the other side.

Fortunately,this life jacket is a very light one that does not add any significant weight to their luggage and if they get to that river and realize they don't need the life jacket,they have nothing to lose and will just cross over anyways but if they get to that river and realize they need that jacket to cross over,they have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

This is the case we face today; The Bible says we must believe that Jesus died for us and accept him as Saviour(Which is a synonym of the life jacket) before we can have an everlasting life in paradise(Cross the river)

Atheists say you don't need to believe there is a GOD let alone Jesus before you can have a good after life.

Christians say you need to accept Jesus Christ as lord and Saviour in order to have a good after life.

The Muslims believe that Jesus was a servant of God who was sent to the world but never died for them and they need not believe in his death and resurrection.

Now this is the interesting thing to ponder over:

1.If as an Atheist you believe there is GOD and accept Jesus as lord and savior and you die and realize you really do not need to believe all these,you definitely have nothing to lose at all but if you realize that your decision to believe these paid off,i guess you have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

2.For the Muslims who believe that Jesus was never crucified hence no need to accept him as savior,what if you die and realize you were wrong all along,you will definitely have everything to lose and nothing to gain but if you accept Jesus today and you die to realize you made a wise decision, you will have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

I have made my choice many years ago and if i die today and realize there is no GOD,no life after death,no judgment,no heaven or hell,i honestly have nothing to lose even if i have nothing to gain,its still safe but if i die this moment and realize that i made the right choice believing there is GOD and that Jesus actually died as a lamb of GOD to save the world from eternal condemnation i have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

MAY GOD NOT LET US BE AMONG THOSE WHO WILL KNOW THE TRUTH AFTER WE LEAVE THIS WORLD WHICH APPARENTLY WILL BE TOO LATE.IT COSTS US NOTHING TO BELIEVE THERE IS GOD AND THAT JESUS DIED TO TAKE AWAY OUR SINS.PLEASE LETS PLAY SAFE.

[size=14pt]Think about this[/size]

What if the three groups you mention here are all wrong, may be Buddha is the true God! What will then happen? Just saying.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
pulsa:

He is myopic in his reasoning what if he dies and realises Allah is god, the Muslims were right, and that his believing of Jesus as god was blasphemous.

Nothing to lose..i believe in Allah
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Walexz02(m): 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dump story
So many Christian cannot answer this simple questions correctly.
Op I need answer to this question please
Is Jesus lord? How?
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by desto50(m): 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
You are right
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by menesheh(m): 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
abbaapple:

So u tink u re dat smart huh?! Dat shows hw ignorance u re to qstn God. May God forgv U dude.

And this also show how gullible/credulous you can be to question every other things except god.

Who the fucck is god. why mustn't we question his existence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Sman37(m): 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
U lien among dis story d only way dat is mor save is ISLAM cus them love jesusu and her mother too so if christians as u said at d end muslim wl stil be free cus dem neve hate and if Islam is d truth at end dem christians and atheses lose all in hell cus dem all lie against Allah and Esuse
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
lomprico:

What if the three groups you mention here are all wrong, may be Buddha is the true God! What will then happen? Just saying.

The write up is based on facts here on earth.

The story had always been about the existence of GOD which is debunked by athieste and the salvation of christ which muslims dont bliv in.

Maybe if the theory of buhda is so emphasized then one might just consider believing in that postulation.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Leosamitodo(m): 12:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
abduljabbar4:
Great difference in the 2 options
Option A is supposed to e: what if Islam is the right religion? You have everything to lose

Thanks for wasting my time
you are a joker...how about if its not? Well sometimes you have to think like a rational being that u're.....take every jacket along,all might save your life or destroys it...it cost nothing to blv.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
Walexz02:
Dump story
So many Christian cannot answer this simple questions correctly.
Op I need answer to this question please
Is Jesus lord? How?

Apparently you still dont get it.

The write up is about playing safe and not about questioning the authenticity of the lordship of christ or existence of Jehovah.

If you believe christ is lord and after death you realize u were wrong,you sure have nothing to lose so thats the point.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 12:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
menesheh:

And this also show how gullible/credulous you can be to question every other things except god.

Ok what if he exists?

i wonder why we are overheating issues?

If you nliv in God then you die and find out you are wrong,you have nothing to lose dude but if you realized how right you were believing in his existence then you hve everything to gain and nada to lose.

This is logical enough.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by abbaapple: 1:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
menesheh:

Dude ur stupidly have no second! Re u still brooding over dis huh? U tlk like a castrated premitive bingo-dog without direction. undecided infact u re insane!
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by menesheh(m): 1:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
abbaapple:

Dude ur stupidly have no second! Re u still brooding over dis huh? U tlk like a castrated premitive bingo-dog without direction. undecided infact u re insane!

Hope all this abuses is all about protecting god who can’t safeguard his personality but needed you to use harsh words on me. Show me the difference between you and a muslem who takes because of Allah to kill his fellow human.

Am much saner than you, therefore I can't replicate those abuse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by free37: 1:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hmm..
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by ITSaWRAPOUTFITS: 1:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
Interesting

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by menesheh(m): 1:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
Toks2008:

Ok what if he exists?

i wonder why we are overheating issues?

If you nliv in God then you die and find out you are wrong,you have nothing to lose dude but if you realized how right you were believing in his existence then you hve everything to gain and nada to lose.

This is logical enough.

Pascal wages is a dead argument.

So you don't worry if other gods like zeus, leprechaun, allah, Buddha happens to be true. It is totally illogical.

When your petty logic will turn logical is when you started worshipping each and every god ever invented by man, both dead ones. If not, you are an atheist to morethan 5k other gods that can possibly be true according to your argument. Since yours can possibly be true, so it was for others.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? / Can Someone Explain First Fruit / Idahosa The Spiritual Father Of Chris Okafor, A Generation Of Fake Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.