Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

What Is The Basis Of Deciding Your Most Preferred Team In The English League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / What Is The Basis Of Deciding Your Most Preferred Team In The English League (707 Views)

OPINION: Greatest Football Team In Europe From 90s Till This Present Time / Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? / Which Is The Top Possession Team In Europe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Basis Of Deciding Your Most Preferred Team In The English League by aftadocean: 9:07am On Apr 30, 2009
I have been discussing the above topic with friends to really know why people express so much love and passion for a particular team even at a distance and when none of the team members bear the same nationality with you.

I have heard all manner of responses from people. Can you imagine a lady for example saying she is for Arsenal because all the guys are handsome(I actually made fun of her when I heard this,,  told her to send a copy of her most recent snapshot to them), A guy told me he loves Chelsea because it is the only English team that has groomed so many Nigerian Players, another said he loves Barcelona because as far as he is concerned, they are the strongest.

So guys, I'm throwing this question open, what is the basis of deciding your most preferred team in the English League?

By the way, i am not particularly a football fan, but I do some small analysis of the games, and based on my analysis of results, I would say Man U is the strongest.(Bear in mind this opinion is from a novice in football analysis)!
Re: What Is The Basis Of Deciding Your Most Preferred Team In The English League by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 30, 2009
Been a gooner since I was 12. . . my greatest memories were winning the double in '98 and going unbeaten in 2004.

My favourite 10 players of all time in no particular order are Charlie George, Perry Groves, Alan Smith, Ian Wright, Patrick Viera, Robert Pires, Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, and Kanu

Arsenal always stood out for me cos of their Culture, Heritage and History.

They've stuck with Arsene all these years as the right man for the job and I must say that I do believe in his theories of playing football the right way, grooming young talent and running a football club within your means.

The Emirates Stadium is a true masterclass, constructed in record time within budget and cost far less than the new Wembley and is a far better stadium. Unrivalled sightlines and matchday hospitality with a pitch to be envied by all. . . no wonder our groundsman was nicked by Real Madrid!!!

We've consistently produced top class staff. . . not just players. . . our former physio (Gary Lewin) and team doctor (Dr Ian Beasley) were snapped up England and we were the first team to have indoor heating in the away team dressing room at Highbury. . . years before most people had indoor heating in their own homes!!!

Need I say more. . . Victoria Concordia Crescit!!!
Re: What Is The Basis Of Deciding Your Most Preferred Team In The English League by aftadocean: 10:36am On May 07, 2009
Can you imagine another level to fanatical passion for these football teams! I heard on the news just yesterday evening that a man hung himself at Nairobi because his team Arsenal lost to Man - U . Na wa o! Abeg guys, what's with the extreme passion for football? My Husband refused his meal last night because Barca dealt Chelsea a last minute blow.

I think this fanatism or passion is rather annoying and should be watered down. What do y'all think?
Re: What Is The Basis Of Deciding Your Most Preferred Team In The English League by chidichris(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2009
i was an arsenal fan when they were winning with kanu in the team.
naturally, most of us gain nothing but rejoicing when a goal is scored in our favour or when we win a match.
i changed to chelsea when mourinho was becoming too relevant to be ignored and to make things well, a player i respect a lot(mikel) was signed by chelsea.
i am so much attached to the club now that i cld not sleep over the officiating madness of that norwegian slowpoke.
i am now praying that God will give me the grace to reduce to the barest minimum what i have for chelsea now to avoid heart attack.
Re: What Is The Basis Of Deciding Your Most Preferred Team In The English League by mukina2: 3:52pm On May 11, 2009
chidichris:

i was an arsenal fan when they were winning with kanu in the team.
naturally, most of us gain nothing but rejoicing when a goal is scored in our favour or when we win a match.
i changed to chelsea when mourinho was becoming too relevant to be ignored and to make things well, a player i respect a lot(mikel) was signed by chelsea.
i am so much attached to the club now that i cld not sleep over the officiating madness of that norwegian slowpoke.
i am now praying that God will give me the grace to reduce to the barest minimum what i have for chelsea now to avoid heart attack.

Gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheesy
when Cheksli starts to eff up . .you will support . .? grin
Re: What Is The Basis Of Deciding Your Most Preferred Team In The English League by SamMilla1(m): 7:53pm On May 11, 2009
Consistency

Man U has been consistent since I started supporting them in 1998
Re: What Is The Basis Of Deciding Your Most Preferred Team In The English League by chidichris(m): 7:45am On May 12, 2009
Gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Cheesy
when Cheksli starts to eff up . .you will support . .?

mukina2,
if ashley cole can leave arsenal, if henry can leave arsenal, if mourinho can leave chelsea and if ronaldinho and rijkard can leave barcelona then who am i?
the truth of the matter is that i am chelsea but not chelsea for life. if u watch out, you will check it out, u will see that if clubs like man city start doing well tomorrow, their fan base will increase while the fan base of man u will start depreciating if they stop doing well.
what do i stand to gain? nothing but happiness so of what use is salt when the thaste is gone. no happiness no need to be a fan. i quit arsenal when i noticed that they man is only interested in pleasing the club owners by increasing the weight of their bnk accounts without any interest on the fans. daily heart break was becoming unbearable.
might chelsea begin same, i will look else where.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea 0 - 1 Inter Milan / Which Team Is Worthy Of The 4th Ucl Spot In England ? / Premier League Fixtures Sat/sun/mon 22/04/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.