Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation (2157 Views)

Ife Clash: Afenifere, OPC Kick Against One-sided Arrest / Chief Judge Dismisses Metuh’s Petition, Asks Judge To Continue Trial / Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by Singingbae(m): 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
The Presidency has
reacted swiftly to the
allegation made by the
Peoples Democratic Party,
PDP.
On the allegation of witch-
hunting its members, the
President’s Adviser on
Media, Mr Femi Adesina,
said that ordinarily he
would not want to
comment on such
because they were comments coming from a political party
and response are better from the APC leadership.
He, however, said that concerning the President, it was
untrue for Mr Olisa Metuh to claim that the President’s anti-
corruption war was one-sided.
According to him, “Mr Olisa Metuh is sounding like a broken
record. It’s the same thing that he says all the time. But let
me assure Nigerians that the President has always
maintained that even when it affects APC members, the
person concerned must go and defend himself.”
The National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Mr Olisa Metuh,
had said at a news conference in Abuja, that unfolding
events have confirmed the party’s position that the
administration of President Muhammadu Buhari is only
using the anti-corruption posture as a tool to witch-hunt PDP
members and perceived political opponents of the APC
government.
He stated that no member of the All Progressives Congress
(APC), despite the public petitions of corruption and
squandering of state funds, has been invited, questioned or
arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
(EFCC).
But Mr Adesina wondered why the issue was not whether
the people facing the EFCC actually committed the crime but
Mr Metuh is saying that it is one-sided.
“I think what is of interest to Nigerians is ‘did this people
commit the crime?’ not whether it is one-sided,” he said.

www.channelstv.com/2015/10/18/one-sided-anti-corruption-war-presidency-dismisses-metuhs-allegations/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

4 Likes

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by onatisi(m): 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
Femi adeshina defence is totally useless. Only GOd knows how this guy got this job. This Femi adeshina is totally useless all his comments always leaves more questions and puts the presidency in a spot.lai Mohammed would have done this job better

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
onatisi:
[s]Femi adeshina defence is totally useless. Only GOd knows how this guy got this job. This Femi adeshina is totally useless all his comments always leaves more questions and puts the presidency in a spot.lai Mohammed would have done this job better[/s]

Shut Up!

The question you should be answering is: Did Akpabio Steal 101Billion Naira or not?

Did he Own all the properties as alleged by the EFCC?

Is he being giving a fair hearing by EFCC?

Do you still believe in the Courts for a fair trial?

If you believe EFCC under Buhari is only going after the PDP members who are corrupt, inspite of the fact that the senate president, a staunch member of the APC is currently under trial, then pray when the PDP takes over in 2023 or 3039, they would revisit that of Buhari's APC.

However, for now, just ask your looting ex governors, ex ministers to return our money or face justice.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by TGM2015: 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
Buhari should remember that the fight against corruption is no only about his conscience but about the public perception of it being done rightly.

I believe PMB can hold on to the appointment for Rivers state minister and fast track the court proceedings and judgement. I salute his diplomacy in the handling of political crisis within the party and the Senate. I believe Buhari was convinced as Ameachi was also highly confident that to the best of his knowledge, he didn't engaged in any corrupt act. Going by his words, "we steal because we are not stoned", and challenging the Rivers state government under Wike to publish the state account under his watch, I have reservation that the allegations MIGHT not be valid, maybe that may have account for reason why EFCC see no justification of inviting him for questioning.

Above, I see no reason why this Senate should not confirm Ameachi despite the petitions against him, most especially when is coming from sworn associated of people/party whose leader has publicly declared that he will hang himself if Ameachi was confirmed as Minster. And considering their overwhelming supports (most especially the PDP Senators) for Saraki and vote of confidence in him despite a recognized statutory legal government agency allegations of false asset declaration of which their President has not provide evidence against except that he was being witch hunted and evidence against technicality of the Tribunal and its composition, this Senate has no moral right whatsoever to base no confirmation of Ameachi on the premises of the allegations.

To add salt to their injuries, no one can ask him questions or clarification on the allegations except to as questions to test his intelligences on economic, political, etc matters.

2 Likes

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by MizMyColi(f): 7:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Shut Up!

The question you should be answering is: Did Akpabio Steal 101Billion Naira or not?

If you believe EFCC under Buhari is only going after the PDP members who are corrupt, inspite of the fact that the senate president, a staunch member of the APC is currently under trial, then pray when the PDP takes over in 2023 or 3039, they would revisit that of Buhari's APC.

However, for now, just ask your looting ex governors, ex ministers to return our money or face justice.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

What is morally wrong can never be advantageous, even when it enables you to make some gain that you believe to be to your advantage. The mere act of believing that some wrongful course of action constitutes an advantage is pernicious.

8 Likes

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by modath(f): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
Just like i told the buffoon who was making a nuisance of his freedom of expression in my mentions....

PDP is scared that Akpabio's problems is likely to preclude his bankrolling the party's Resurgence no more no less...

3 Likes

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

Marcus Tullius Cicero

What is morally wrong can never be advantageous, even when it enables you to make some gain that you believe to be to your advantage. The mere act of believing that some wrongful course of action constitutes an advantage is pernicious.

Nne, you are speaking 'plenty' grammar! Is Akpabio guilty as charged?

3 Likes

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by MizMyColi(f): 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Lol
Goodevening.

Has he been charged?
I'm not aware.

2 Likes

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by sammyj: 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
Metuh should not be taken seriously and I don't see any reason why the FG should respond to a backing dog in the 1st place!!! angry
Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by bugzbunny: 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Shut Up!

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
How long before the EFCC invites "saints" Rotimi Amaechi and Babatunde Fashola to clear the air on the allegations sorrounding them.

3 Likes

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
sammyj:
Metuh should not be taken seriously and I don't see any reason why the FG should respond to a backing dog in the 1st place!!! angry

Wel he is already been taking seriously as the guilty are always afraid!!

2 Likes

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by bugzbunny: 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Shut Up!

You my friend should shut up
When has EFcc deemed it necessary to at least invite any Apc politician with all the evidence and petitions against them... Lock up akpabio troway key but it shouldn't be one sided mehn.

1 Like

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by bugzbunny: 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
sammyj:
Apc rat cheesy

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by NextGovernor(m): 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hypocrisy is when Fashola says I am a lawyer, i dont know anything
about contract, was never in charge of contract and i don't sign
cheques and my commissioners don't sign cheques too. So I don't
know anything about the 78million website and 300 mil saga but
blames Jonathan a zoologist and his ministers who are not central
bank accountants for diverting $20billion and other financial issues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by McKren(m): 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
Empty defence by mr Adeshina

Still did not explain why Amaechi is a Ministerial nominee while Akpabio is hounded

2 Likes

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol
Goodevening.

Has he been charged?
I'm not aware.

Sorry! Guilty as alleged...
Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by MizMyColi(f): 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Sorry! Guilty as alleged...

Oh, okay.
Well, time will tell.

We should be asking Fashola and Amaechi the same, don't you think?

1 Like

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Shut Up!

And your so called innocent/corrupt free predent was there when his party named Abubakar Audu as APC guber candidates having know that he stole 10billions from the state treasury as a governor.
Besides has Akpabio been charged?
Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by Alphaoscar: 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Are they not the ones doubting the change? Now they are feeling the change and they are lamenting.

Part of the change is knowing that they are no more untouchable and now stealing is corruption.

2 Likes

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
This PDP guys are the real orchestrators of sentimental and Tribal politics. After reading Olisa metuh's submit, I can't help but wonder if any integrity is left within the leadership of the PDP.

Metuh conveniently omits the part where Akpabio could have been innocent or guilty. He instead spits about how APC members haven't been prosecuted and expects that to be reason enough to dismiss the allegations againts Akpabio.. WTF!!!!

Funny enough, some Liberians above me agrees with Metuh. SMH
Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

Oh, okay.
Well, time will tell.

We should be asking Fashola and Amaechi the same, don't you think?

Until any of the Relevant agencies empowered by law, questions or interrogates them, we cannot ask them based on 'hearsay' or speculations!

1 Like

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by clevadani: 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
I think its a pretty weak reply
Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by MisterLongman(m): 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nigeria politics keeps going round and round in a circle
Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Are they not the ones doubting the change? Now they are feeling the change and they are lamenting.

Part of the change is knowing that they are no more untouchable and now stealing is corruption.

When their 'heroine' Thief was on the saddle, he was unable to jail or prosecute even one corrupt individual, now a determined anti corruption tiger wants to have a bite, they are crying witch hunt, selective etc. Ironically, they are not even pleading the innocence of the accused but that Buhari should equally arrest members of his political party!

Shameless dolts!!!
Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by MizMyColi(f): 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Until any the Relevant agencies empowered by law, questions or interrogates them, we cannot ask them based on 'hearsay' or speculations!

Lols

Interesting.
But I've seen you call out the ex-president on several occasions as a thief extra-ordinaire, NOI too.
Are you saying they are sacred cows?

That also brings me to the import of this thread.
Since there are petitions against the people I mentioned earlier, isn't it worrisome that nothing's been done or said about them?

4 Likes

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by Aufbauh(m): 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac" - George Carlin
When an opposition party has indulged itself in senseless and needless criticism of the ruling party, then it credibility is not only questionable but immoral, inconsequential and insignificant.
Personally i don't take PDP cry of Witch hunting as a serious issue, as their cry is aimed at drawing sinful sympathy from fellow cry babies. Moreover we that supported this present administration before the election are not complaining because we knew time like this will arise.
If PMB likes he can be selective in his fight against corruption as it is his prerogative to decides who to prosecute and who to spare, afterall PDP has 16 years to Witch hunt political opponents but they choose to democratized and pocketized the loot for all.
Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lols

Interesting.
But I've seen you call out the ex-president on several occasions as a thief extra-ordinaire, NOI too.
Are you saying they are sacred cows?

That also brings me to the import of this thread.
Since there are petitions against the people I mentioned earlier, isn't it worrisome that nothing's been done or said about them?

What if The EFCC, ICPC had done so, and found the petitions frivolous and baseless? Why don't we allow them do their work? Or are you suggesting Buhari, and APC are controlling them?
Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by hedonistic: 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
Very daft response by this hopelessly incompetent presidential spokesman. The issue of whether a person committed a crime can only be addressed by a court of law, so that cannot be the question. Reasonable Nigerians would ask why the EFCC chooses to turn a blind eye to the similar petitions against the likes of Amaechi and Fashola. Why invite Akpabio for questioning on the strength of a petition, and yet ignore the petitions against Amaechi and Fashola? That is the main issue that this irritating fool should address.

1 Like

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by MizMyColi(f): 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

What if The EFCC, ICPC had done so, and found the petitions frivolous and baseless? Why don't we allow them do their work? Or are you suggesting Buhari, and APC are controlling them?

Both of us should be taking the advice y'know...

What if?
Doesn't that sound a tad too convenient? Especially seeing as some of the evidence of said controversial spending being contended are in public domain?

As a person with an ability to rationalise and draw conclusions based on events, can you in all honesty exonerate Fashola and Amaechi of all charges levelled on them by the court of public opinion?
Perchance, are you subtly admitting that the corruption fight is one-sided and as such shuns the principle of fairness?
Isn't that one of the hallmarks of good and sound leadership?

Lastly, you didn't quite attend to my first question.

Since it is now the norm for EFCC to quiz a person first before we stone them in the court of public opinion, don't you think it would be wise if you stop labelling the likes of NOI and GEJ with such unprinted names based on unfounded allegations?

3 Likes

Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by LagosBoi2(m): 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
Re: One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation by Ebukaobi: 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

[s]Both of us should be taking the advice y'know...
What if?
Doesn't that sound a tad too convenient? Especially seeing as some of the evidence of said controversial spending being contended are in public domain?
As a person with an ability to rationalise and draw conclusions based on events, can you in all honesty exonerate Fashola and Amaechi of all charges levelled on them by the court of public opinion?
Perchance, are you subtly admitting that the corruption fight is one-sided and as such shuns the principle of fairness?
Isn't that one of the hallmarks of good and sound leadership?
Lastly, you didn't quite attend to my first question.
Since it is now the norm for EFCC to quiz a person first before we stone them in the court of public opinion, don't you think it would be wise if you stop labelling the likes of NOI and GEJ with such unprinted names based on unfounded allegations?
[/s]

Hypocritical from top to bottom

Is it a case of a Political Analyst wannabe, failed romance blogger?

As far as I know the Senate President - Saraki is a leading APC politician and he is currently facing corruption charges under an APC led government

This is the REAL fresh AIR. Politicians are now been held accountable for their actions irrespective of their political affiliations.

This is what Nigerians voted for!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Economy Can't Sustain Bicameral System Of Government .... / Nigerians Losing Productivity In Search Of Fuel, Buhari Must Act - Ezekwesili / Nigeria’s Most Charming Traffic Warden Josephine Okeme Receives Christmas Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.