Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Protest Kenyan Style - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protest Kenyan Style (1234 Views)

Kenyan Man Attempts To Enlarge His Joystick With Intimacy Gadget, Hospitalized / Russian Man Nails Own Testicles In Protest Against Crackdown On Political Rights / Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest Kenyan Style by Ikomi(m): 10:10am On Apr 30, 2009
Kenyan women hit men with sex ban

Women's activist groups in Kenya have slapped their partners with a week-long sex ban in protest over the infighting plaguing the national unity government.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8025457.stm

So these guys cant last more than a week. Kenyan women in my opinion are loose. smiley
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 30, 2009
Ikomi:

So these guys cant last more than a week. Kenyan women in my opinion are loose.  smiley

How did you and the BBC correspondent conclude that most kenyan men cannot abstain from sex for more than 2 days or week as the case may be?
How many kenyan women have you dated to conclude that they are loose or was your conclusion drawn from this article?

@topic

As much as I hope that this protest will work for them, I do know for sure that it will have a very negative effects on some families if sincerely carried out. So many women are going to loose their husbands to the ladies spearheading this senseless protest.
I also know that the prostitutes wont pay any attention to these women as they will see it as a selfish move.
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by Flancey: 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2009
Trouble in govt, sex ban at home. I dont get it. Is it part of their culture.
We need it in 9ja abi? Ashewo go sell.
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by xTheorist(m): 12:37pm On May 01, 2009
Nuzo, I like the opening in your response. Did you read the BBC article? It is ridiculous and racist that the editorial did not find it insensitive to turn a national political discourse into a free-for-all graphic entertainment on sex.
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by Ikomi(m): 5:49pm On May 01, 2009
x_Theorist:

Nuzo, I like the opening in your response. Did you read the BBC article? It is ridiculous and racist that the editorial did not find it insensitive to turn a national political discourse into a free-for-all graphic entertainment on sex.

The answer to your question and that of your co-respondent Nuzo, was clearly given by another question from a curios respondent below.

Flancey:

Trouble in govt, sex ban at home. I don't get it. Is it part of their culture.
We need it in 9ja abi? Ashewo go sell.

Kenyan women? Wonders shall never end, the only thing they could come up with is Sex Ban.

Someone should put them in the Guinness book of Records as the most innovative women in the political scene.  cheesy

nuzo:

As much as I hope that this protest will work for them, I do know for sure that it will have a very negative effects on some families if sincerely carried out. So many women are going to loose their husbands to the ladies spearheading this senseless protest.
I also know that the prostitutes wont pay any attention to these women as they will see it as a selfish move.

Why wont the prostitutes pay attention, they are getting money not to have sex with politicians, at least for a change.  cheesy

Please do us a favour in a months time come back and tell us how effective it was.  cheesy

Sorry if your a Kenyan no offence meant, its just that I find it a practically funny way to solve political problems.  cheesy
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by xTheorist(m): 6:05pm On May 01, 2009
Ikomi, not to diminish the weight of your input at all, the point I am making is that respectable societies do not bring sex up as a bargain to negotiate national unity. Sex is a subject matter on its own for social policies affecting family and household. It's not to be used as a bribe on national scene, unless you are a backward and decadent society. By reporting it and giving it national glamor, BBC on its part is irresponsible to the well meaning ideals of the people of Kenya and the newsreport is a mockery of their lifestyles.
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by SeanT21(f): 7:40pm On May 01, 2009
That gives their husband more reason to cheat??
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by Ikomi(m): 2:00pm On May 10, 2009
A Kenyan man has sued activists who urged women to deny their partners sex for a week as a protest against the country's political impasse.

James Kimondo told reporters outside the Nairobi High Court his wife had observed the boycott and caused him "anxiety and sleepless nights".

"I have been suffering mental anguish, stress, backaches, lack of concentration," he said.

It is unclear how many women joined the strike, which ended on Wednesday.

kenyans cheesy
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by spikedcylinder: 6:21pm On May 12, 2009
Anxiety and sleepless nights because you got none for a week? cheesy
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by Ikomi(m): 6:05pm On May 13, 2009
Spiky, you dey see wetin I dey see. A think? cheesy

Kenyans cheesy
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by naliakar: 6:53am On May 15, 2009
I wonder how much he will claim in damages and who will pay it.
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by biina: 7:04am On May 15, 2009
wen dem lift the ban, some people go wound o! cheesy grin
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by Ikomi(m): 3:28pm On May 15, 2009
biina:

wen dem lift the ban, some people go wound o! cheesy grin

naliakar:

I wonder how much he will claim in damages and who will pay it.

As Rivers state in-digens would say: "No be tiny thing" cheesy
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by mwanamwiwa: 12:16am On Jun 08, 2009
Ikomi,u have a big mouth for a nigerian,Kenyan women are loose?You started a thread to trash kenyan women?unbelievable? sad
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 08, 2009
Nigeria 3 Kenya 0
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by mwanamwiwa: 12:52am On Jun 08, 2009
So what,Kenya will kick ur ass in every other sport undecided
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 08, 2009
mwanamwiwa:

So what,Kenya will kick ur ass in every other sport undecided

like? grin cheesy

nigeria 3 Kenya 0 and that's even after gifting them a gaping net TWICE!
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by oyinda3(f): 12:56am On Jun 08, 2009
I think the prostitutes will be rejoicing. more cash for them

edit: they're paying prostitutes to join their strike shocked lol
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by Ikomi(m): 12:57am On Jun 08, 2009
mwanamwiwa:

Ikomi,u have a big mouth for a nigerian,Kenyan women are loose?You started a thread to trash kenyan women?unbelievable? sad

LoL

Am sorry if you think my mouth is big. I need to measure it though. Please tell me whats the average size of any Nigerians mouth?

Anyway am sorry if its big, but I must let you know its not my fault. Blame the creator.  angry
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by mwanamwiwa: 1:03am On Jun 08, 2009
Respect Kenyan women and we will respect you,is that too much to ask? smiley
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by Ikomi(m): 11:13am On Jun 10, 2009
mwanamwiwa:

Respect Kenyan women and we will respect you,is that too much to ask? smiley

I have do not and will not disrespect Kenyan women, all that I find funny is there Protest idea.

I would have appreciated it if you would address the issue. Why was sex the only form of prostest Kenyan women could come up with? Did it work? Did you pertake in the protest?

These are questions I would like you to answer, you never know, with a good explanation Zimbabwean women and Nigerians could do with the idea.

Finally can I call you mwa, your name is so long. I think you would beat hippopotamus to its own game. Joke

You know Mwa we often wonder why the word abbreviation is so long. cheesy
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by mwanamwiwa: 5:46pm On Jun 12, 2009
Mwana means 'son of' in Swahili and Kamba languages.The protest was part of many in accordance with others from the church,media,student union
business council etc to push for faster implementation on reforms,so it was the womens idea of participating in civil disobedience cause u know very well the authority here is backed up to the wall and no street protests are allowed, so,what did you guys do lately to show you displeasure with the government? winkU dont have to respect Kenyans,they always earn it all over the world unlike you guys,what are Nigerians known for, scams,419,drugs,corruption and all the ills of the world thats y they are being deported even from african countries, ignorant,proud and lazy asshole angry
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by Ikomi(m): 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2009
mwanamwiwa:

Mwana means 'son of' in Swahili and Kamba languages.The protest was part of many in accordance with others from the church,media,student union
business council etc to push for faster implementation on reforms,so it was the womens idea of participating in civil disobedience cause u know very well the authority here is backed up to the wall and no street protests are allowed, so,what did you guys do lately to show you displeasure with the government? winkU dont have to respect Kenyans,they always earn it all over the world unlike you guys,what are Nigerians known for, scams,419,drugs,corruption and all the ills of the world thats y they are being deported even from african countries, ignorant,proud and lazy asshole angry

Whats the need for all the words in bold. I asked a question, all you need to do is answer them, not throw abuses.

Anyway thanks for letting me know the meaning of Mwa, "son of" what kwanu. The name is incomplete.

Without the insults I think your right, Nigeria has its own ills, but listen love ad still rather be a Nigerian than a Keyan, living on Food aid.

mwanamwiwa:

Apart from Obama what else have you guys given to the world, his father a Keyan left him and ran off, to say the least. Yeah I remember guys that can run long distances without water, cause they are used to going without food and water anyway.

Back to Topic.

What am after is the motive and mindset for suggesting sex as a protest, what is wrong with calling for a strike, everyone stays at home and not go to work, does'nt that form of Protest work anymore, even if you dont want to have any confrontation with law enforcement agencies. That is what I would like to know. Calling me names does not answer my question.
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by mwanamwiwa: 12:34am On Jun 13, 2009
Because lack of sex might force some Kenyan men into action and its also a bargaining tool among others to show their influence in the country,again,what have u guys done lately to question their motive, who stated with the disrespect?calling Kenyan women loose?Those words are cause u have adamantly disrespected Kenyans by stating u dont have to respect their women,plus its the truth.About Obama and Marathon,u forgot we are ranked 5th in the world in rugby sevens,world cricket,african volleyball champions from the 80s to date,swimming etc and we have several noble laurettes, btw,in the olympics,we had more medals than africa combined unlike the 'king of africa'.u guys got two so please dont mention sports ever again.Now,your turn;what have u guys given the world apart from oil? cry
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by naliakar: 3:43am On Jun 13, 2009
Mwanamiwa's scanty grasp of the complexity of Ikomi's argument would be laughable if it was not for the  seriousness  accompanying her protestations. Unless she is performing a kind of patriotic  mission against what she sees as an unfair attack on Kenyan women's choice of protest tool, she needs to be reminded that for eons now women the world over have fought against the formulation of their worth as sexual objects who exist at the pleasure and gaze of men. Such formulations have denigrated the intellectual capacity portion of their potential. That well educated women should think hard and arrive at an affirmation of what they have in solidarity  fought against the world over is not worthy of the kind of angst that Mwanamiwa seems to feign.Notice how it quickly fizzled out before it even started. What indicators were noted for its success or otherwise, the world is still waiting.
And what a name, Mwanamiwa simply means a child of sugarcane. Will the next protest summon the women's ability to allow partial sexual encounter bereft of the sweetness that usually accompanies it. Mwanamiwa should tell us.
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by mwanamwiwa: 4:17am On Jun 13, 2009
Its mwanamwiwa not mwanamiwa,pay attention naliaka, you are entitled to ur opinion about the protest but nobody has the right to call kenyan women loose,kenyans dont sit on their asses all day watching their country rot and will use any means of social disobedience to stop it,it doesnt have to be right by nigerians but again,thats their opinion btw,what makes u sure they actually tried it?Its a way to get noticed politically and dont teach me about political ethics while nigerian politicians are getting caught with millions of dollars buying evil or juju,whatever u call it !
Re: Protest Kenyan Style by Ikomi(m): 7:08am On Jun 13, 2009
naliakar:

Mwanamiwa's scanty grasp of the complexity of Ikomi's argument would be laughable if it was not for the  seriousness  accompanying her protestations. Unless she is performing a kind of patriotic  mission against what she sees as an unfair attack on Kenyan women's choice of protest tool, she needs to be reminded that for eons now women the world over have fought against the formulation of their worth as sexual objects who exist at the pleasure and gaze of men. Such formulations have denigrated the intellectual capacity portion of their potential. [b]That well educated women should think hard and arrive at an affirmation of what they have in solidarity  fought against the world over is not worthy of the kind of angst that Mwanamiwa seems to feign.Notice how it quickly fizzled out before it even started. What indicators were noted for its success or otherwise, the world is still waiting.[/b]And what a name, Mwanamiwa simply means a child of sugarcane. Will the next protest summon the women's ability to allow partial sexual encounter bereft of the sweetness that usually accompanies it. Mwanamiwa should tell us.

That is all am asking Mwanamiwa?  undecided Nothing more.

Although I started with the word loose, cause I could not comprehend how women of high position in the society could result to sex as a form of protest , that is more like what an uneducated prostitute could come up with, and if kenyan activists  women have resulted to using sex as a form of protest then it puts my own believe of what a protest should look like in doubt until there is a confirmation if the form of protest worked or not.

Mwanamwiwa to put it clearly without any doubt, I respect Kenyan people not just their women, but it would be better you see things in there true light rather than you allow your emotion take control.

(1) (Reply)

7 Miraculous Israeli Military Victories (may 2015) / No Try Am !!! Saudi Arabia Warns America. / Queen Elizabeth II Marks 90th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.