Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,359 members, 7,850,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:18 PM

FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah (1105 Views)

UK Police Spotted At Abuja House As Nigerians Prepare For All Night Protest.PICS / Adeyinka Grandson Invited By UK Police Over Hate Speech / Bola Tinubu And Ambode At The Eyo Festival In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 19, 2015
Tribune

THE Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Chief Michael Aondoakaa (SAN), on Thursday, in Abuja, revealed that Britain was probing three former governors over an alleged $38 million (about N6.1 billion) scam involving the sale of V-mobile shares.

The affected former governors are Bola Tinubu of Lagos State, Victor Attah of Akwa Ibom State and James Ibori of Delta State.

The minister who held a special media briefing in Abuja, however, said that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had cleared the trio of alleged money-laundering on the matter.

Aondoakaa also labelled the commission’s former boss, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, a saboteur, threatening to sue the former anti-graft czar anytime he stepped into the country.

The minister accused Ribadu of giving false information to the British government about the situation of things in Nigeria, adding that he would not grant the request of the British government for information on the three former governors despite the existence of the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty between the two countries.

His reason: the alleged crime was committed in Nigeria and it should be the Nigerian govern-ment’s case, not Britain’s.

Aondoakaa disclosed that he got the British government’s request on the alleged scam on June 1, this year, but his findings at the EFCC showed that the affected persons had been cleared in Nigeria.

It was alleged in a petition during the tenure of Ribadu as the Chairman of the EFCC that the three former governors sold the shares of their states to V-mobile (now Zain) through a company called African Development Funds Incorporated.

The company was given the mandate by the former governors to sell their states’ shares to the telecom company, with the petition alleging that the transaction was not transparent and that it was used for money laundering.

The minister said he was not aware of the case until the Home Office in Britain requested for more information to assist the investigation that was launched into the sale of the shares.

He said after he got the letter from Britain, he requested for the file and was furnished with information on the case on the 22nd of June.

The minister also provided a letter dated January 12, 2009, to prove that the three former governors had been cleared by the anti-graft agency.

The letter entitled “Re: Alleged Case of Conspiracy, Money Maundering, Abuse of Office and Official Corruption. African Development Funds Inc Account No. 011400552, was dated the 12 January, 2009 and signed by Umar Sanda on behalf of the Chairman of the commission.

It read “Our letter with ref no. CR.: 300/EFCC/LS/EG2/VOL.2/266 dated 21st March, 2007 on the above subject matter refers.

“In view of the above you are kindly requested to remove the caution placed on the account and allow normal transactions on the account.”

Aondoakaa further said that the former governors had been cleared before Britain requested for the details of the case.

He also denied the allegation that the agreement to the deal was signed by the current Principal Private Secretary to the President, Mr. David Edevibe, who was Ibori’s Commissioner for Finance.

In the minister’s words, “At the time the request was made, EFCC had cleared the former governors. I didn’t ask the EFCC to clear the former governors after I got the request from Britain. All they have done is to embarrass the government. I can’t grant any request if all the ingredients of the offences were committed here.

“It is a lie that I have ordered the cases of the ex-governors to be withdrawn. The cases are still going on. I will not succumb to blackmail. I have not stopped any case. You are appointed into office subject to the confirmation of the Senate. I will sue him (Ribadu) if he comes to Nigeria and say all that he is saying abroad,” he said.
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/36650-thief-tinubu-others-wanted-uk-police-print.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/09/fg-uk-at-loggerheads-over-tinubu-ibori-attah/
http://www.econetwireless.com/strive_masiyiwa_blog/
http://saharareporters.com/2007/10/28/bola-tinubu%E2%80%99s-140-million-v-mobile-deal-exposed-pointblanknewscom

Lets bring this case back, Strive Masiyiwa CEO of Econet and UK police were frustrated by the Federal Goverment from prosecuting Tinubu and Victor Attah for the bribes they collected and fraudulent sale of the shares through a Special Purpose Vehicle African Development Funds Inc Account No. 011400552 to launder the proceeds,the only person punished in the deal was James Ibori.Let someone petition EFCC and Buhari to re-open the case
Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by marv1: 12:33am On Oct 19, 2015
Ok
Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 19, 2015
marv1:
Ok
Tinubu and Victor Attah are still walking free,while James Ibori is in jail in UK.
Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by yanabasee(m): 12:40am On Oct 19, 2015

Buhari should better apologise to Nigerians and step down as he asseverate to sanitise this country but rather, he's dinning with the devils who have in recent times loot this country dry...

How well can we describe Buhari?
When all he says is that the treasury is empty and the people who left it empty are right by his sides... While he's busy chasing the wrong people...

How long will it take Buhari to bring this CHANGE he promised us?

Tinubu...the South-west is a criminal and the chief propagandist of APC party...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 19, 2015
yanabasee:

Buhari should better apologise to Nigerians and step down as he asseverate to sanitise this country but rather, he's dinning with the devils who have in recent times loot this country dry...

How well can we describe Buhari?
When all he says is that the treasury is empty and the people who left it empty are right by his sides... While he's busy chasing the wrong people...

How long will it take Buhari to bring this CHANGE he promised us?

Tinubu...the South-west is a criminal and the chief propagandist of APC party...
Buhari has to take on his APC thieves before he moves to PDP or he will lose all credibility.
Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by DIVINE78: 12:51am On Oct 19, 2015
Tanoids people. Tinubu was in opposition for 16 years yet no president found him guilty for any crime not even when he locked horn with OBJ.

2 Likes

Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 19, 2015
DIVINE78:
Tanoids people. Tinubu was in opposition for 16 years yet no president found him guilty for any crime not even when he locked horn with OBJ.
I'm not a Taniod I hate PDP and other corrupt politicians that have made away with resources meant to be shared by 170 million citizens but instead put it in their personal bank accounts.
Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by 400billionman: 2:07am On Oct 19, 2015
And you guys are asking how Tinubu became rich..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by Republlican(f): 2:13am On Oct 19, 2015
grin
Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by Republlican(f): 2:14am On Oct 19, 2015
grin Tinubu's case makes saraki look like amateur
Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 19, 2015
Republlican:
grin Tinubu's case makes saraki look like amateur
Tinubu is a master and smooth criminal when it comes to corruption.Saraki is a learner when it comes to corruption,compared to Tinubu.
Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by Nobody: 2:56am On Oct 19, 2015
400billionman:
And you guys are asking how Tinubu became rich..
grin
Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by opalu: 4:13am On Oct 19, 2015
We all knew the part played by Aandoaka during Yaradua tenure.

1 Like

Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by Nobody: 4:17am On Oct 19, 2015
opalu:
We all knew the part played by Aandoaka during Yaradua tenure.
Aandoka is a crook,my friend went to University of Brunel London with his son.He showed my friend pictures of all the cars his father had.They are worth well over a N1 billion naira.He was so corrupt America also banned him from their country.
Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
DIVINE78:
No judge found Ibori guilty as well...
Re: FG Frustated Econet Founder And UK Police From Prosecuting Tinubu And Attah by springer: 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
What Obafoluke Otudeko the self-acclaimed king of no town? I thought he played roles in the sale as a former owner.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: “my People Are Useless, My Pple Are Senseless, My Pple Are Indiscipline” / Were The Paris Attacks Predicted On The January Cover Of The Economist? / Oyo Lawmaker On Strike Over Unpaid Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.