Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) (33128 Views)

Housewife Kills Mother In-law With Pestle In Ebonyi / Estranged Jealous Wife Vandalises Husband’s Car With Pestle / Father Beats Son With Pestle, Breaks His Leg, Abandons Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by ijustdey: 11:08am On Oct 19, 2015
The police in Lagos have launched a manhunt for a 30-year-old man, Seyi Okanlawon, for allegedly clubbing his stepfather, Alex Momoh, 63, to death in the Ilupeju, Mushin area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Seye hit the victim with a pestle in the head and leg after a disagreement over a cake made by his sister, Moyo Okanlawon.

The incident happened on Railway Line, Ilupeju, Mushin area.

Our correspondent learnt that the deceased, who worked as a driver in a cosmetics company, had eight children from three women, before marrying his fourth wife, Lola.

Lola also had had four children from a previous marriage before marrying the Edo State indigene. Among the children were Seye and Moyo, who were both married.

Moyo, however, moved into the Ilupeju residence of the Momohs after her husband’s apartment was reportedly demolished.
Trouble started on Wednesday after Alex reported to Lola, a trader, that Moyo had placed a piece of cake on his bed where he wanted to sleep.
Moyo, in turn, reported to his brother, Seye, who was on a visit at the time.

The suspect was alleged to have grabbed a pestle with which he hit the victim in the head and leg. Alex was said to have passed out as blood drained from his body. The victim was later rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba, where he died.

The matter was said to have been reported at the Ilupeju Police Division. Osagie, 19, one of the children of the deceased, said the incident happened around 7pm.

He said, “It was between 6pm and 7pm. My sister (Moyo) complained to Seye after my father reported her to mum. He then started abusing my father, who ignored him and went to his room.

“But Seye followed him inside and picked a pestle with which he hit him in the head and blood started coming out. He became unconscious and we rushed him to a hospital.”

However, Lola claimed that the incident happened late in the night, adding that their neighbours were fast asleep and could not intervene.
She said, “I am a trader and I have my shop opposite the house. I had four children before I married him. He had three wives and they all had children for him.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2974906_alexmomoh_jpegdaa0fabc30b5f1b329a27aa5747ba190
Alex Momoh
| credits: Samson Folarin

“On that day, my husband had gone to work in the morning and returned around 5.30pm. At about 10.30pm, he came to my shop and reported that my daughter placed a cake on his bed where he wanted to sleep.

“Seye was sitting beside me when Alex came to report and he scolded his sister for disrespecting my husband. Moyo then explained to him that the mattress had been taken out when she placed the cake on the bed.

“My husband went inside his room and Seye followed him in and started abusing him. Osagie, the son I had for my husband, challenged Seye for abusing his father, and he (Seye) picked the pestle and started chasing him with it. He (Osagie) ran away.”

She added that she later went inside the room and saw that Alex had a swollen head and she was informed that her husband was injured during a scuffle with the suspect.

Lola said she poured water on his head to resuscitate him, and when it failed, he was rushed to a private hospital before being transferred to LUTH.

“Osagie was not around when the incident happened and our neighbours had slept off,” she added.

A daughter of the deceased, Joy, told PUNCH Metro that the family had already buried the deceased, as the prime suspect had fled.
“Immediately it happened, the man fled and he has not been seen since then. We still want justice for our father and we want the police to get the suspect arrested,” she added.

A police source, however, told PUNCH Metro that the family was not interested in pursuing the case, which was why they did not allow an autopsy to be conducted on the corpse before burial.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, DSP Joe Offor, said he would call back, but he had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/man-kills-stepfather-with-pestle-over-cake/

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by madridguy(m): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2015
Eleyi Gidi gan oooo.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by Tallesty1(m): 11:11am On Oct 19, 2015
crycrycrycrycrycrycrycry
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by hamzakito(m): 11:13am On Oct 19, 2015
wicked guy... just because of cake?? it a lie. they must be something going wrong between both of them, before this guy used this opportunity to kill this old man... rip old man...

am ttc....grin

7 Likes

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by Sharon6(f): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2015
OMG!! The heart of a man is indeed very wicked.

Please check my signature. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by Empress2014(f): 11:22am On Oct 19, 2015
Eyah.....RIP pa Alex
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by Michellla(f): 11:24am On Oct 19, 2015
smh.animal behaviour

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by Sweetyie(f): 11:24am On Oct 19, 2015
ameryzzy:
Hope it's A very sweet chocolate cake if not eh
Lol, funny grin

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by chaz007(f): 11:24am On Oct 19, 2015
RIP to the dead.
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by pandorer(m): 11:24am On Oct 19, 2015
its alright.
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by ameryzzy(f): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2015
Hope it's A very sweet chocolate cake if not eh
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by kamez(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2015
Fuji house of commotion...

self control does not necessarily make one a coward.

get that fact right

5 Likes

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by RichDad1(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2015
Omo ale
Omo Jo ibo
angry

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by tolexy007(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2015
shocked
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by dre11(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2015
She said, “I am a trader and I have my shop opposite the house. I had four children before I married him. He had three wives and they all had children for him.

A whole driver..... Changing women like wrapper.

If he had the chance to be a manager.... He would have married more than a dozen women.

Anyway, nah Wetin he go find make him see Wetin come befell am

6 Likes

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by omusiliyu(m): 11:26am On Oct 19, 2015
This is serious angry
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by ayindepremier: 11:26am On Oct 19, 2015
Over cake?
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by onosprince(m): 11:26am On Oct 19, 2015
Na Buhari fault.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 19, 2015
shocked
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by BCISLTD: 11:27am On Oct 19, 2015
angry rubbish reporting

5 bedroom duplex in Ikota

Check my signature Call or whatsapp
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by Naommydammy(f): 11:28am On Oct 19, 2015
Ok...
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by saintfizzo(m): 11:28am On Oct 19, 2015
I SAY "not everyone deserves to have a child", not everyone has the psychological know how of bringing up a good child, this is why we have menace in our society, people who spoil children only for neighbours and associates to suffer their woes in the future.
All the touts and criminals around are results of failed parenting.... Not everyone deserves a child!!! I blame the Mother angry

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by ifyalways(f): 11:28am On Oct 19, 2015
Poverty and frustrations at work

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by tobiyayo: 11:28am On Oct 19, 2015
Unfortunate
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by helphelp: 11:28am On Oct 19, 2015
Na wa oooo....

On a Monday wey we suppose dey try arrange our week
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by Adyrin(m): 11:29am On Oct 19, 2015
BREAKING NEWS

Hello friends; support me in this competition by downloading my Book titled "The Sword of Power"

*Its just few kbs large not up to 1mb

HOW TO DOWNLOAD:

1. Click on the link below; it will direct you to my page

2. Scroll to the right_you'd find "DOWNLOAD OPTIONS"

3. Under download options click on PDF

4. Select where to save!

Below are the links:

https://freeditorial.com/en/books/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search=okpowe+eve+edirin

https://freeditorial.com/en/books/the-sword-of-power

Sorry for taking 2minutes outta your day_but just your one download can make me the Winner!

***Pls Refer a friend to download also!***

Thanks
Adyrin!
Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Pestle Over Cake (Photo) by DickDastardly(m): 11:29am On Oct 19, 2015
A yorubastard son kills his yorubastard father grin cool

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos / 17-Year-Old Housewife Poisons Her Stepson In Bauchi (Photo) / 4-Day-Old Baby Abandoned In A Bush In Delta State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.