Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE (3138 Views)

Biafra: Women's Conference Continues In Abiriba After Bitter Encounter With Army / Biafra: Women Go Nude In Abiriba, Abia To Protest Against Soldiers (Video, Pics) / BREAKING!!! Nigerian Soldiers Strip Biafra Women Naked At Conference Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by cybertyrant(m): 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
I want u to please vote carefully
Likes for any of them
Please be sincere

Yoruba women
Angry women in Emure Ekiti have protested against the arrest of over 30 of their children by the Police in connection with the alleged attempt to burn the palace of Elemure of Emure Ekiti, Oba Emmanuel Adebayo, a retired Assistant Inspector General of Poilce and ex-Commissioner of Police in Lagos and Abuja.
The Punch gathered that the women, some of whom appeared half-naked on Wednesday, held leaves and sang hate songs against the monarch, demanding the release of their children.
Trouble started last Monday, when a group of angry youths of the community took to the streets to protest against power cut by the Benin Electricity Distribution Company.
They also complained against disruption of banking service from the only bank in the community for over seven months.
A resident, Olaoye Olayinka, said efforts by Oba Adebayo to stop the protest was met with stiff resistance by the angry youths who blocked the two entry points to the town.
“For the past seven months, we hardly have light 5 times in a month, and when they bring it, it was only in the mid-night when we would be asleep.
“Why this bad treatment from the electricity firm is so painful is because, of all Ekiti communities, Emure pays the highest bill, you can go find out about this. But still we are not enjoying the benefit, instead we are getting crazy bills for very bad service.
“The electricity firm slams us with N8,000, N6,000, N7,000 bills for each household, and for the artisans who are just welders, each of them get N15,000 a month. It’s ridiculous. And we have warned the boys coming to cut the power supply anytime they feel like,” Olayinka said.
The Commissioner of Police, Taiwo Lakanu, had told journalists that the youths were arrested for attempting to burn the king’s palace and for attacking the police station in the town.

“The Emure people protested against BEDC for disconnecting their light. What we disagreed with was the mode of protest. They became very violent; attacked the palace and the Police Station. We moved in and succeeded in quelling the violence. The area is calm now.

“We are screening those arrested and we have released some of them on bail. We are also looking at the case of arson which is not bailable because the palace was nearly set on fire.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Alberto Adeyemi, told our correspondent on Sunday that those arrested had been released except five of them still under investigation.

“The remaining five are at the State Criminal Investigation Department assisting police in the investigation. They would be charged to court if found culpable depending on their level of involvement.”

Source :http://thenewsgrid..com.ng/2015/03/women-protest-naked-in-ekiti.html?m=1

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by cybertyrant(m): 3:55pm On Oct 20, 2015
Biafra women

By Festus Ahon & Ochuko Akuopha
ASABA-PROTESTERS, Tuesday, stormed the entrance of Delta State Government House, Asaba condemning the arrest and detention of the Director of Radio Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.

Gathered under the aegis of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Delta State chapter, the protesters, mainly women, demanded the immediate release of Kanu, describing his arrest as uncalled for and totally unacceptable.

The Indigenous People of Biafra on a Peaceful Protest over the Arrest of the Director of Radio Biafra Tuesdaay along Ikwerre road in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Photo: Nwankpa Chijioke

Chanting songs of grievances and displaying placards which bore various inscriptions such as “Freedom for Biafra, free Nnamdi Kanu”, “We are not terrorists, we are freedom fighters”, “We are tired of intimidation and harassment by Nigeria Government”, “Biafra on the move” amongst others, the protesters said they were no longer comfortable with the Nigerian government.
Speaking during the protest, Secretary of IPOB, Delta State chapter Nnenna Nwaoha, said: “The reason for the protest is for Nnamdi Kanu to be released; we have suffered enough in the hands of the Nigerian Government and we are no more comfortable with it.

“We want our freedom that is why we are here. We are not comfortable with the Nigerian government, the intimidation, killing and all that; that is why we want our freedom. We feel very bad about his detention and it is affecting each and every one of us. We are not comfortable, we want to go.

“The federal government should release our Director, Dr. Nnamdi Kanu and we also want our freedom. As a nation that is due for freedom, we want to go; we are tired; the suffering is too much; it is not a crime to want our freedom; we want to go.”

Also speaking, Chineye Udeoba expressed bitterness at the detention of Kanu, saying “we are bitter and we are giving them a strict warning and order to release him.

“We are not Nigerians, we are Biafrans. My father is seventy-two years old and he is older than Nigeria. He is a Biafrian, I am a Biafran and we all here are Biafrans. We the indigenous people of Biafra are ready to go. We want to be on our own.

“The British came and amalgamated us with these Oduduwa and Arewa people, we are not one; we were never one, we are totally different in terms of tradition; we are Biafrans. We want to be on our own as indigenous people of Biafra. We want our freedom.

On her part, Mrs. Judith Ihebiehi said: “This man is our voice, he is our mentor. We have been in darkness all these while, so this man has been speaking for us, so the Nigerian government has no right to detain him; he has done nothing.

“Have they ever asked themselves if what this man has been saying is false? Have they bothered to verify what Nnamdi Kanu has been saying? So detaining Nnamdi Kanu will bring problems; we have been calming our husbands down, we have been saying ‘wait’ we women will go to the government, we will talk to them and say this is what we want; we don’t want problem that is why we are here.

“Our reason of coming here is to tell the Governor Ifeanyi Okowa to help us take our message to the federal government. He is not the one detaining him but we are here to tell him to take it to Abuja.” The protesters were however, denied entry into the Government House by police officers

Source :www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/women-protest-kanus-arrest-demand-his-release/

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by Yanks101: 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
lol,
savages.
Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
Have you read the historic Aba women riot of 1929.
I rest my case.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
Smh, disgraceful facts
Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by Olaolufred(m): 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
BIAFRAN WOMEN ARE THE MOST FEARLESS I KNOW.

INCLUDING IN BEATING HUSBANDS UP.

I KNOW THAT MANY IGBO WOMEN OF DIGNITY KNOWS NOTHING CALLED BIAFRA.

OKONJO, ODUAH, DIEZANI, EKWEREMADU, LEO OGOR ETAL ARE ENJOYING NIGERIA. ONLY SOME HUNGRYMEN/WOMEN KEEP SHOUTING BIAFRA. AMONG THEM ARE THOSE FEW FEARLESS HUSBAND BEATING BIAFRAN WOMEN.
[b][/b]

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by cybertyrant(m): 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
This is 2015
That was about colonializaton
This is about arrests
This is women

Am Biafran anyway
Our people have dignity (our women)

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by kossyablaze(m): 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
Shit.... Disgusting

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by kossyablaze(m): 4:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
miszeno:
I rest my case.
don't mind the indomie generation pathetic tribalistic OP

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by logicman: 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
Some ppl protest de learn
Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by ojun50(m): 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
Biafra Women any day any time

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by cremedelacreme: 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2015
I see 2 different groups, the first is uncivilized half naked women while the second is a civilized group staging a peaceful protest.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by PhockPhockMan: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
The appropriate question should be, between Yoruba women and Igbo women who looks Insane .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by meforyou1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
Op, protests are means of expressing your disagreement with current happenings in your area.
It takes many forms, but I believe the best is the peaceful ones. One time we protested in FUTMINNA and heard some students set a school peugot car on fire in another part of the town where the protest was going on. we were happy. Saying they did a good thing. The school authorities closed the school for 3 months. And when we came back, we were asked to pay for the 2 burnt vehicles (authorities added one). And when we calculated how much each student paid, it was enough to buy up to 50 brand new cars or more. Who lost? The school authorities?
When NLC protested against fuel increase for a week, it was peaceful and they achieved their aim.
I for one, if you call me for a protest and ask me to remove my clothes, I will ask u "are u mad?"

1 Like

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by seacoast(m): 4:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
I now believe that rat don piss for ur brain... How can you come here to show ya mama unclothedness?. The first pix showed shameless retired dirty ashwos protesting non payment of their pension. The 2nd pix showed dignified neat women with their two pieces of wrappers on their waist... If you don't know now you know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by cybertyrant(m): 4:34pm On Oct 20, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
The appropriate question should be, between Yoruba women and Igbo women who looks Insane .
Good idea

1 Like

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by codedslayer: 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Your deranged mother looks more foolish and insane. Saw her once, she looks malnourised and weak.
Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by PhockPhockMan: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
codedslayer:

Your deranged mother looks more foolish and insane. Saw her once, she looks malnourised and weak.
Sorry o o, I didn't know that your mother is one of those nakked mad women.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by PhockPhockMan: 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2015
seacoast:
I now believe that rat don piss for ur brain... How can you come here to show ya mama unclothedness?. The first pix showed shameless retired dirty ashwos protesting non payment of their pension. The 2nd pix showed dignified neat women with their two pieces of wrappers on their waist... If you don't know now you know.
Don't mind the useless op.
Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by codedslayer: 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Sorry o o, I didn't know that your mother is one of those nakked mad women.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

Nah my mom is not Nigerian. I am only talking about your senile mom who happens to be the chairwomen of Abia prostitute association. Advise the old hag to retire and stop disgracing your family everywhere.
Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by WisdomCanada(m): 9:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
miszeno:
I rest my case.
the way our women protested in 1929 is the way ur women are protesting today(21st century), damn, Yoruba women lacks civilization.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by Beremx(f): 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
Thumbs up to the women irrespective Of their ethnicity who always protect to air their grievances.

Where are the men?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2015
So what's the point of this nauseating thread! Seriously I think it's high time nairaland moderators employ cyber detectives to check all these young parasites infesting this site. This present generations is indeed sick undecided embarassed tongue
Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by ikechu1278: 9:37pm On Oct 20, 2015
I feel insulted

OP thunder fire you for comparing Asaba women to yoloba women. May thunder fire you..
You owe us an apology. You couldn't find anything else to compare our women to but uncivilized half clad fools. May thunder fire you and continue firing you until you receive sense

1 Like

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 20, 2015
angryBIafra or death we are BIAFRANS hausa fulanies let us go let our director go or Heaven will react BIafra or death we are BIAFRANS hausa fulanies let us go let our director go or Heaven will react BIafra or death we are BIAFRANS hausa fulanies let us go let our director go or Heaven will react

1 Like

Re: Biafra Women Vs Yoruba Women In Protests, Who Is The Most INSANE by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
angryBIafra or death we are BIAFRANS hausa fulanies let us go let our director go or Heaven will react BIafra or death we are BIAFRANS hausa fulanies let us go let our director go or Heaven will react BIafra or death we are BIAFRANS hausa fulanies let us go let our director go or Heaven will react PLEASE BUHARI GO AND ARREST SHEKAWO NOT A FREEDOM FIGHTER . Well I reserve my comments here LONG LIVE BIAFRA

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Febuhari Turned To Failbuhari / The Missing Moon - Public Opinion / Boy Sprayed Money For Dressing & Talking Like Nnamdi Kanu On His Graduation Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.