Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,024 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:44 PM

Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure (63450 Views)

MYTHBUSTER: This Is The Real Largest Man-made Structure, Not Eredo Ijebu / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / The Benin (igodomigodo) Moats - The Largest Man-made Earthworks In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Bolaadu(m): 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
Swissheart:
....Yes...Eredo is in Epe Lagos state,besides I know the place...... Kinda scary
.yes is in Epe local government. Lagos state.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by franklingud(m): 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
hahn:
Beautiful.

Unfortunately, the Nigerian government is not into the business of archaeology unless it involves crude oil undecided
Who knows? Better oil might be there, that could boost nigeria's economy.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by tpiander: 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
macof:

what exactly are you talking about?

does what you typed make sense to you?
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by macof(m): 2:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
tpiander:

does what you typed make sense to you?

Depends on the parts you referring to

Ehn but just know that nobody really knows anything am the moat. You see one person say it was influenced by Bini, another it was a Yemeni woman... all kinds of stuff
So don't fault my post na wetin I read I post
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by danizy(m): 2:45pm On Oct 22, 2015
this is a super story or an african falk tales
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
Rossikk:

Very interesting indeed. In fact it's wonderful and exhilarating to read this. Thanks for sharing. Tragically, today we IMPORT from Europe ships that can sail to South Africa, even though our ancestors built them thousands of years ago.

It won't surprise me if our ancestors built flying vessels in distant antiquity - something we ascribe today to white folk.

3,000 year old artefact from Egypt showing what look like flying craft

The technology to build anything that flies could not have possibly existed 3000 years ago na bros. Cool down. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
I don't know whether to tag this as a concealed admiration or a subtle vilification.
IamAtribalist:
cool I am not very surprised. I have always suspected that our amala-eating conehead compatriots are descendants of remarkable forbears. If you have lived among the coneheads you will know what am talking about. There is always this ancient depth and wisdom that underlies their culture and mannerism. Unfortunately, they have been corrupted by a sick Nigerian society and externally imposed religions (Christianity and Islam) -and now they have become the most conniving, cunning and manipulative political sector in the country. However, who can really blame them considering how frustrating/corrupt the Nigerian Zeitgist is. To be righteous in Nigeria is to be a fool. A real big fool.

When I visited South Africa 5 years ago, I met an old Zulu chief who told me the Zulu (his people) traded with ancient Yoruboid/Edoid tribes as far back 700 years before the Europeans came to the the Horn of Africa. Apparently (According to the chief) these conehead amala-eating muthafvckers and their Edo brothers build sea vessels that traveled from Western coast of Africa down to the shores of South Africa. I asked him how he knew they were Yorubas and he said all he knows is that those people came from the same place the present day South Westerners reside today - and the story has been passed on from generation to generation. He said grandfather visited Nigeria pre-independence and was able to swap stories or oral tradition of trade with some of the Egbas of the South West.

We Africans have lost our way. We have allowed the white man to tell us lies about our origin and our destiny. Findings like this should be used to enlighten our people (all over the world) to help us retrace back our steps so we can rule the world again. Who would have thought that the Jewel of the Middle Ages was built right here at home in Nigeria by descendants of our conehead conniving compatriots. Even though I am a tribalist - this is great news not only for Nigerians but Africans and blacks and all of humanity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by macof(m): 2:55pm On Oct 22, 2015
django1:

The technology to build anything that flies could not have possibly existed 3000 years ago na bros. Cool down. Lol

Who told you that? Maybe it wasn't successful like Leonardo Da Vinci's but designs and plans could have existed
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Jeromejnr(m): 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
ifeness:

Interesting. If I had said this,some people like KingEbukasBlog,Jeromejnr and fellow cocoanut heads grin would have descended on me.

Thank God, you didn't say it. I for don finish you today. grin

1 Like

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
Rossikk:

I've not insulted you. Grow up and debate like a schooled person, not some.. street urchin, or I will ignore your next post.

Nobody is talking about ''human development'', at least as far as Eredo is concerned. There are no ''common interests'' involved in identifying Eredo as a historical site, cleaning it up, getting some proper tour guides there, and building a policy around its elevation to a proper tourist attraction. You do not need all of Nigeria to be united and lovey dovey to achieve that. Nobody from Kano or Kaduna or Nnewi has stopped your people from harnessing that monument. Stop blaming innocent Nigerians, 99% of whom have never even HEARD of Eredo, for your inability to exploit its potential.

This is true, anyone arguing with this is not serious. No one is really holding us back except us.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by tpiander: 2:59pm On Oct 22, 2015
django1:

Well, there's the story of Icarus.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by tpiander: 3:00pm On Oct 22, 2015
macof:

Ehn but just know that nobody really knows anything am the moat. You see one person say it was influenced by Bini, another it was a Yemeni woman... all kinds of stuff

the last sentence in your post, about people walking two months in the structure.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by musicwriter(m): 3:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
damola1:
We failed our ancestors.

When did we become so backward?

Though already a world heritage https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sungbo%27s_Eredo

Good question!.

I asked a similar question in another thread. And my question was; are we dumber than our ancestors?.

But, the bitter truth is western education itself is a major reason for our failures. Western education has lead us into a new form of slavery called intellectual slavery. By adopting foreign languages in our schools, it makes us Africans give up our African identity and value system in exchange for western values, thereby destroying our languages and who we are.

As you can see, African scholars for years could not discover the significance of this structures because western education cum intellectual slavery doesn't allow Africans question established western theories. This may be difficult to understand. But, if you can read the part 1 and part 2 of the link on my signature you'll understand.

Despite Pythagoras stating he studied mathematics here in Africa, African scholars are still fooling around teaching that Sumerians invented mathematics.

Despite Malians and Gambian fishermen fishing along the river Niger many centuries before Mongo Park was born, African scholars are busy fooling around teaching that Mongo Park discovered the river Niger.

Despite documented evidence of first ever 3D iron art cast work in Bini kingdom, African scholars are busy fooling around brainwashing African children Europeans invented iron casting.

Despite evidence from the field of genetics and archeology proving the fact that human life began in Africa, and therefore, Adam and Eve must have been black people, African scholars and pastors are fooling around pilgrimaging the Middle East when the real location is here in Africa.

Our condition is pathetic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by absoluteSuccess: 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
GREAT PIECE.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Awoofawo(m): 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
They told us Jesus rose from dead
And flew to heaven like bird
We believe it
Because he was a whiteman

Elijah they told us rode to heaven
In a chariot of fire
No one one say impossible
Because he too is a whiteman

But when oracle says
Oduduwa or any Bkackman
Had done same
We immidiately cry
Impossible impossible impossible

Anyone who have raed acient manu-scripts such as Lost Book of Enki, The 12th Planet, War of Gods and Men, Stairway to Heaven etc will reaalize that Africa is not ordinary continent, even whitemen attest to that now. Africa is the treasure land on which the wealth, knowledge of both ancient and modern civilizaation are found.

Don't even know how to put it.....We are the ancient great kings and queens, Only God known where we go astray from the path of greatness?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by absoluteSuccess: 3:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
GREAT PIECE.

WE ALWAYS WAIT FOR THE WHITES TO TELL US OUR STORIES TO BE BELIEVED.

LIVE ON, MAKEDA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by excellentwork: 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
hahn:
Beautiful.

Unfortunately, the Nigerian government is not into the business of archaeology unless it involves crude oil undecided

I NO FIT LAUGH ABEG

Get Your Electric Lunch Box And Toothpaste Dispenser here, Visit Signature Below

1 Like

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by SIRTee15: 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by holyfather(m): 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
Niyeal:
2long
too lazy
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
Why do you keep saying conehead,as far as i know,yorubas dnt have conehead,just normal headshape,but you chestbeaters been known to have flat heads from time memorial,no one shares that with you.i mean all over the world.
IamAtribalist:
cool I am not very surprised. I have always suspected that our amala-eating conehead compatriots are descendants of remarkable forbears. If you have lived among the coneheads you will know what am talking about. There is always this ancient depth and wisdom that underlies their culture and mannerism. Unfortunately, they have been corrupted by a sick Nigerian society and externally imposed religions (Christianity and Islam) -and now they have become the most conniving, cunning and manipulative political sector in the country. However, who can really blame them considering how frustrating/corrupt the Nigerian Zeitgist is. To be righteous in Nigeria is to be a fool. A real big fool.

When I visited South Africa 5 years ago, I met an old Zulu chief who told me the Zulu (his people) traded with ancient Yoruboid/Edoid tribes as far back 700 years before the Europeans came to the the Horn of Africa. Apparently (According to the chief) these conehead amala-eating muthafvckers and their Edo brothers build sea vessels that traveled from Western coast of Africa down to the shores of South Africa. I asked him how he knew they were Yorubas and he said all he knows is that those people came from the same place the present day South Westerners reside today - and the story has been passed on from generation to generation. He said grandfather visited Nigeria pre-independence and was able to swap stories or oral tradition of trade with some of the Egbas of the South West.

We Africans have lost our way. We have allowed the white man to tell us lies about our origin and our destiny. Findings like this should be used to enlighten our people (all over the world) to help us retrace back our steps so we can rule the world again. Who would have thought that the Jewel of the Middle Ages was built right here at home in Nigeria by descendants of our conehead conniving compatriots. Even though I am a tribalist - this is great news not only for Nigerians but Africans and blacks and all of humanity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by basille(m): 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
django1:

Says who? According to modern reasearch, it is impossible for man to have built the great pyramids of Egypt at its time, considering the level of precise architectural and Engineering knowledge involved in its construction. How did it get there?
All over the world, ancient technological artifacts are being discovered, these are artifacts way more advanced than their time, an example being 'The genetic disc'. Who built those?
Don't just go about believing everything you are told.

1 Like

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
visit www.blissblaze.com for latest updates you can trust always. Don't dull today. Also learn how to make money without stress with a simple referral program. Also join as a konga affiliate today.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by wytecat: 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
Yoruba man, I trust you to bring 'bini' into it. For some reason any topic shocasing Yoruba culture and civilization greatness just happens to be unsettling to you

Bini are not Yoruba but you manage to squeeze them in any topic of this kind to give them relevance at our expense

Also, "it's not man-made, yet it was "dug" by slaves, hahn? The slaves back then were machines.

People like you should never be taken under Yoruba's wing.

macof:

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
django1:

How the hell do you know that? The earth is over 4 BILLION years old. What makes you think there could not have been hundreds or even thousands of earlier civilizations on this planet which were highly advanced? Artefacts clearly made by intelligent beings have been found in rocks dated millions of years old. This information is suppressed by 'mainstream' science because it contradicts their theories claiming only a few thousand years for intelligent life on this planet.

2 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
musicwriter:

Good question!.

I asked a similar question in another thread. And my question was; are we dumber than our ancestors?.

But, the bitter truth is western education itself is a major reason for our failures. Western education has lead us into a new form of slavery called intellectual slavery. By adopting foreign languages in our schools, it makes us Africans give up our African identity and value system in exchange for western values, thereby destroying our languages and who we are.

As you can see, African scholars for years could not discover the significance of this structures because western education cum intellectual slavery doesn't allow Africans question established western theories. This may be difficult to understand. But, if you can read the part 1 and part 2 of the link on my signature you'll understand.

Despite Pythagoras stating he studied mathematics here in Africa, African scholars are still fooling around teaching that Sumerians invented mathematics.

Despite Malians and Gambian fishermen fishing along the river Niger many centuries before Mongo Park was born, African scholars are busy fooling around teaching that Mongo Park discovered the river Niger.

Despite documented evidence of first ever 3D iron art cast work in Bini kingdom, African scholars are busy fooling around brainwashing African children Europeans invented iron casting.

Despite evidence from the field of genetics and archeology proving the fact that human life began in Africa, and therefore, Adam and Eve must have been black people, African scholars and pastors are fooling around pilgrimaging the Middle East when the real location is here in Africa.

You've said it all bro.

2 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Thank God, you didn't say it. I for don finish you today. grin

Finish who. All you do is dodge all the bullets I have sent at you,Uncle Tom.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Jeromejnr(m): 5:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
ifeness:

Finish who. All you do is dodge all the bullets I have sent at you,Uncle Tom.

Ha! I laff in Sumerian. cheesy
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by hahn(m): 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
wytecat:
Yoruba man, I trust you to bring 'bini' into it. For some reason any topic shocasing Yoruba culture and civilization greatness just happens to be unsettling to you

Bini are not Yoruba but you manage to squeeze them in any topic of this kind to give them relevance at our expense

Also, "it's not man-made, yet it was "dug" by slaves, hahn? The slaves back then were machines.

People like you should never be taken under Yoruba's wing.

I don't understand how I fit into this undecided
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by wytecat: 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
Change your handle if you want. It's not yours alone.

hahn:

I don't understand how I fit into this undecided
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by hahn(m): 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
wytecat:
Change your handle if you want. It's not yours alone.

undecided
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by wytecat: 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
It had nothing to do with you.
hahn:

undecided
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by pasol4real(m): 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
musicwriter:

Good question!.

Oga u better start thanking God every day of life that the whites came to Africa ,cos I wonder what wud hav become of us .I don t understand why ppl cannot call a spade a spade .or are I saying that Africa wud hav bin better without the coming of the whites? What was our situation before they came ?even now ,with all the help n eye opening by the whites , Africa still lag far, far behind how much more without their help n assistance.
We just bid to admit the truth these guies are far more superior than we blacks n it's the simlple truth .
Or how do u explain the fact that civilization started in Africa yet Africa remains the most backward, poorest,blackest n most uncivilized in the world. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife During Daughter's Graduation At University Of Manchester / Funny Pidgin Proverbs / Salaries Of South-West Obas Before Independence (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.