Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,027 members, 7,821,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure (62728 Views)

MYTHBUSTER: This Is The Real Largest Man-made Structure, Not Eredo Ijebu / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / The Benin (igodomigodo) Moats - The Largest Man-made Earthworks In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by macof(m): 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nmeri17:
we're not talking of strategies of warfare o! Technologies. what was the African equivalent of the European solitary advancement in the military sector?? nothing! kiss or will you mention voodoo??

only six European powers overcoming the entire Africa and American colonies and their so called advancement. What type of advancement is that
Why not read and understand what Radoillo posted to you

Lemme try to help you more

Europe overwhelmed africa due to military technology. It takes only military technological superiority to defeat an enemy in battle

But when we talk civilization and in other sectors of technology, Europe was beneath Africa

The Vikings of Scandinavia were not so bright, they knew nothing other than war. .. with this knowledge of war alone they defeated so many even threatened the mighty Turks
a similar thing can be said about the Spartans, Macedonians who were far beneath the Athenians in everything except war

1 Like

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Nmeri17: 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
macof:

Why not read and understand what Radoillo posted to you

[size=14pt] Lemme try to help you more [/size]

Europe overwhelmed africa due to military technology. It takes only military technological superiority to defeat an enemy in battle

But when we talk civilization and in other sectors of technology, Europe was beneath Africa

The Vikings of Scandinavia were not so bright, they knew nothing other than war. .. with this knowledge of war alone they defeated so many even threatened the mighty Turks
a similar thing can be said about the Spartans, Macedonians who were far beneath the Athenians in everything except war
let you try and help who more?? muhahahaha....I get the point: you must be an amateur comedian cheesy

Anyways, before we derail, I understand what you're all tryna say. Totally. Africa was more knowledgeable and sophisticated in all other facets and endeavors save warfare. That is your opinion and I sincerely respect it. I however, would be just as pleased if you make just as much effort to see things from my perspective too. Put your thinking cap on and read my previous comments over let's see if you have acquired more luck at comprehension.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Nmeri17: 11:52pm On Oct 23, 2015
Rossikk:

By referencing the industrial revolution (1760-1840) I was getting to the root of the matter. Sure, superior military technology directly accounted for the conquest of Africa, but it was the Industrial Revolution that created the urge, ability and impetus in Europe to harness the advantages of gunpowder, learned from the Chinese. Their desperation to acquire raw materials to feed their industrial revolution, their new machine-oriented economies, spurred them to develop advanced weapons to enable them seize such resources from foreign lands. That was why they had guns and we had swords and cavalry. In Africa, there was no perceived need by the ruling classes to develop advanced weapons. Barely decades earlier, those same whites had fought with the same old iron weapons the Africans, Indians, Chinese etc had used for the previous 10,000 years. So not just Africans, ALL world civilizations were caught napping by the sudden western military advantage. It enabled the west to go on a global land grab, from Africa to the Americas, India, the Caribbean, China and beyond, from which we are all yet to recover.

YOOOOOWAAAH!! cheesy Salient points raised at last!! smiley Before I continue, God bless you Rossike.

Now, we can deviate from base debates of blind, hopeless and wretched alcoholics clinking clay cups at local beer parlors and sound more realistic. Does the Industrial Revolution not highlight the singular postulation I've held onto since my entrance into this thread?? Basically, at some point, everybody was behind Europe IN NOT JUST ARMS AND WEAPONRY but every single facet of human existence!! To say the least, the seeming difficulty encountered in assimilating this point is saddening.

To that palm wine tapper hauling invectives at me ceaselessly, Africa was only at par with the rest of the world in the thousands of years preceding the 15th century. And that does not count as "advancement" anyways but existence and primary level of civilization. Modern civilization as we know it, was born in Europe -- that is why they brought the fight to us all. But I know you'll soon lunge at me rabidly. But before you do, take some time to understand what I'm saying and construct your grammar better. we're not fighting tongue
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rixy007(m): 3:16am On Oct 24, 2015
Many has got dem minds deluded by whites it's gon' be hard for dem even to acknowledge their own history

1 Like

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Pdizzle(m): 8:10am On Oct 24, 2015
Nmeri17:
YOOOOOWAAAH!! cheesy Salient points raised at last!! smiley Before I continue, God bless you Rossike.

Now, we can deviate from base debates of blind, hopeless and wretched alcoholics clinking clay cups at local beer parlors and sound more realistic. Does the Industrial Revolution not highlight the singular postulation I've held onto since my entrance into this thread?? Basically, at some point, everybody was behind Europe IN NOT JUST ARMS AND WEAPONRY but every single facet of human existence!! To say the least, the seeming difficulty encountered in assimilating this point is saddening.

To that palm wine tapper hauling invectives at me ceaselessly, Africa was only at par with the rest of the world in the thousands of years preceding the 15th century. And that does not count as "advancement" anyways but existence and primary level of civilization. Modern civilization as we know it, was born in Europe -- that is why they brought the fight to us all. But I know you'll soon lunge at me rabidly. But before you do, take some time to understand what I'm saying and construct your grammar better. we're not fighting tongue

i understand your sentiments, just because it was the 15th century should not make you say it doesn't count as advancement. Ship building, international trade, complex housing scheme are not primary level of civilization.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2015
Pdizzle:

i understand your sentiments, just because it was the 15th century should not make you say it doesn't count as advancement. Ship building, international trade, complex housing scheme are not primary level of civilization.
Exactly. I was about to reply him with these same words. Fact is without these painstaking earlier innovations, there would have been no western industrial revolution. Europe merely built upon what other races - primarily Africans - had accomplished. They essentially put the icing on a cake baked by others.

1 Like

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by hlermide: 11:51am On Oct 25, 2015
django1:

This is true, anyone arguing with this is not serious. No one is really holding us back except us.

well written my brother, we're always arguing bout some bullshit story of colonialism while we forget that the era has gone, we've gotten into that era where the mind is the jackpot....and until we stop this "dem colonize our papa story" we nor go move forward.....cuz dem don dey colonize us join, worse part na say we dey display am ourselves on facebook and co..... country wey uneducated person don dey put person wey dey receive education for him music video... how negative (no shots at d uneducated meant but cmon, a student of psychology in a music video shaking her ikebe just doesn't feel right to me)
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by absoluteSuccess: 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
Our consolation is formidable:

In pre-historic time, Africa was where Europe is today, but today, Europe is where Africa was.

With this argument in place, we are robbed of our place.

How so? Maybe through slave trade or some ways only known to black egyptians and pharaos.

The truth is, you can't operate from a pedestal you have not attain.

You put yourself in a ditch? Find your way out. You find yourself in a ditch? Come out. If you can't, seek other's genuine help.

Meanwhile, you can singsong about what you claim to be yours that is irredeemably lost. Children does that alot.

Wailing losers' mourn.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Sundiatakieta(m): 12:33am On Oct 26, 2015
Rossikk:

I'm not from SW. Kindly take your ethnic nonsense to another place. As for ''hilarious claims'', I guess it would be 'hilarious' to someone who doesn't care to research his own history, despite the ease of doing so these days via Google.

People like that guy worship at the paper throne of euroclowns and usually dont bother to educate themselves on African history.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Sundiatakieta(m): 2:30am On Oct 26, 2015
IamAtribalist:
cool I am not very surprised. I have always suspected that our amala-eating conehead compatriots are descendants of remarkable forbears. If you have lived among the coneheads you will know what am talking about. There is always this ancient depth and wisdom that underlies their culture and mannerism. Unfortunately, they have been corrupted by a sick Nigerian society and externally imposed religions (Christianity and Islam) -and now they have become the most conniving, cunning and manipulative political sector in the country. However, who can really blame them considering how frustrating/corrupt the Nigerian Zeitgist is. To be righteous in Nigeria is to be a fool. A real big fool.

When I visited South Africa 5 years ago, I met an old Zulu chief who told me the Zulu (his people) traded with ancient Yoruboid/Edoid tribes as far back 700 years before the Europeans came to the the Horn of Africa. Apparently (According to the chief) these conehead amala-eating muthafvckers and their Edo brothers build sea vessels that traveled from Western coast of Africa down to the shores of South Africa. I asked him how he knew they were Yorubas and he said all he knows is that those people came from the same place the present day South Westerners reside today - and the story has been passed on from generation to generation. He said grandfather visited Nigeria pre-independence and was able to swap stories or oral tradition of trade with some of the Egbas of the South West.

We Africans have lost our way. We have allowed the white man to tell us lies about our origin and our destiny. Findings like this should be used to enlighten our people (all over the world) to help us retrace back our steps so we can rule the world again. Who would have thought that the Jewel of the Middle Ages was built right here at home in Nigeria by descendants of our conehead conniving compatriots. Even though I am a tribalist - this is great news not only for Nigerians but Africans and blacks and all of humanity.

Kindly an African American perspective: the euroclowns go out of their way to distort anything African here in America. No matter how superior one may think his clan is, the people that control the images and the narrative will find an educated way to say go Bleep yourself, look at u now we dominated you. They willfully ignore the fact that colonialism actually lasted less than 100 years from the signing in Berlin.

Thanks to the information age, the availability of new education has allowed us to shut these euroclowns down completely when they insult your history and many of us are quite militant when it comes to setting the record straight. We dont have the baggage of tribalism to color a bias in Africa research so people like my self can lecture on pretty much any ancient African society to infinity. Because we know when Africans look bad we look bad right along with them and they never let us forget that ever. Therefore us militants do everything we can to show Africa was/is very sophisticated and a crown jewel in the world at a time Europe was poor and steeped in barbarism.

Thier propaganda is very subtle and subliminal. Such as when they go to Ethiopia and have the tribal people put leaf hats on and paint their faces when that tribe may not necessarily do that.

They present pictures of Nigerian slums and starving Ethiopian babies and say thats your people right there, be glad you're American. However, those us with education dont fall for that okeydoke. They present history studies covering everything but African history even in my own town. Ethiopians believe themselves set apart from others but they receive the same broke treatment too.

This behavior is why certain Afro American and especially ignorant white people have images in thier mind thats not true. I was disappointed to see this euroclown propaganda has infected Africans too, im like wow u r there u should know better.

So I say the Africans NO MATTER THE TRIBE OR NATION need to get together and display your greatness before the world. Write ur own books, make ur own documentarys, do ur own research. This is Marcus Garvey said, get together amongst yourselves and find a way. This tribalism and suspicion is how the Euroclowns set u against each other every where. Its how they destroyed the Aztecs: arm one Indian against another Native. Cortez was vastly out numbered and I mean vastly, but tribal exploitation is how he killed them off. The same in South Africa and Ethiopia too amongst others.

So from the outside looking in spread the word to stop believing pathetic euro opinion and shut them down. Many act this way subconsciously, however and dont know it.The greatest African emires in world history were a collection of tribes under a king, not just one single tribe. Even old Egypt was more than one type of people, despite the psuedo rhetoric. Thats how the Europeans rose to prominence. Anyway im just a regular guy and wanted to add this, thanks for reading this. One Love

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by lawani: 9:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
It must also be noted that these constructions were for defensive purposes complete with garrison barracks and etc meaning the Eredo people were afraid of some people enough to spend such money on defense. The fact is that there are many such cities that are now buried under forests not only in Nigeria but all over the world.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by IamAtribalist: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
Sundiatakieta:

Kindly an African American perspective: the euroclowns go out of their way to distort anything African here in America. No matter how superior one may think his clan is, the people that control the images and the narrative will find an educated way to say go Bleep yourself, look at u now we dominated you. They willfully ignore the fact that colonialism actually lasted less than 100 years from the signing in Berlin.

Thanks to the information age, the availability of new education has allowed us to shut these euroclowns down completely when they insult your history and many of us are quite militant when it comes to setting the record straight. We dont have the baggage of tribalism to color a bias in Africa research so people like my self can lecture on pretty much any ancient African society to infinity. Because we know when Africans look bad we look bad right along with them and they never let us forget that ever. Therefore us militants do everything we can to show Africa was/is very sophisticated and a crown jewel in the world at a time Europe was poor and steeped in barbarism.

Thier propaganda is very subtle and subliminal. Such as when they go to Ethiopia and have the tribal people put leaf hats on and paint their faces when that tribe may not necessarily do that.

They present pictures of Nigerian slums and starving Ethiopian babies and say thats your people right there, be glad you're American. However, those us with education dont fall for that okeydoke. They present history studies covering everything but African history even in my own town. Ethiopians believe themselves set apart from others but they receive the same broke treatment too.

This behavior is why certain Afro American and especially ignorant white people have images in thier mind thats not true. I was disappointed to see this euroclown propaganda has infected Africans too, im like wow u r there u should know better.

So I say the Africans NO MATTER THE TRIBE OR NATION need to get together and display your greatness before the world. Write ur own books, make ur own documentarys, do ur own research. This is Marcus Garvey said, get together amongst yourselves and find a way. This tribalism and suspicion is how the Euroclowns set u against each other every where. Its how they destroyed the Aztecs: arm one Indian against another Native. Cortez was vastly out numbered and I mean vastly, but tribal exploitation is how he killed them off. The same in South Africa and Ethiopia too amongst others.

So from the outside looking in spread the word to stop believing pathetic euro opinion and shut them down. Many act this way subconsciously, however and dont know it.The greatest African emires in world history were a collection of tribes under a king, not just one single tribe. Even old Egypt was more than one type of people, despite the psuedo rhetoric. Thats how the Europeans rose to prominence. Anyway im just a regular guy and wanted to add this, thanks for reading this. One Love

You have spoken well. Keep in touch. I will like to hear your ideas about how to move forward the hope and dreams of the black race. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by hahn(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
bump

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List / Masquerade Exhibiting Powers Failed By His Juju As Bullet Penetrates - Oyo State / This Picture Of The Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Has People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.