Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Disturbing Story Of Biafran Women Protesters Shot At Awka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disturbing Story Of Biafran Women Protesters Shot At Awka (1045 Views)

"We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths / Pro-Biafran Women Hold Massive Protest In Abia State Over Kanu's Detention(pics) / Biafran Women Vs Queen Elizabeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disturbing Story Of Biafran Women Protesters Shot At Awka by kingzizzy: 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2015
Just listend to a female caller on Radio Biafra who recounted a story of how the Nigerian police shot at women in Awka the state capital of Anambra . According to her, elderly women,mothers, young women held a peaceful protest march in Awka today demanding the the release of Nnamdi Kanu. On getting to Government House Awka, Police men stopped the crowd and ordered them back. The crowd refused, insisting on exercising their fundamental right to hold peaceful protest. That's when the Police now opened fire on them using live bullets and tear gas. The caller stated that there was pandemonium and many of the women were injured in the stampede that followed. She also stated that while she did not see anyone get killed, she counted 5 women with bullet wounds. Those of them who managed to escape and ran to Aroma junction were pursued by the police men in Hilux vans and many arrested.

I can't verify any of this because I'm not in Anambra at the moment but if it is true, I want to tell Nigerians that Nigeria is a terrorist state. It is the height of callousness for any uniformed force to turn its guns on the very people it swore to protect without good reason. To make matters worse, we're talking about women here, mothers. How anyone can advocate the killing and illegal detention of people just for the peaceful agitation of Biafra is beyond me. How can anyone say that Nigeria is sacrosanct when the same Nigeria is an artificial and illegal creation of the White man? So I as an indigenous African Igbo man has no right to Biafra but a White man called Lord Lugard has the right to create Nigeria? The hypocrisy of Africans can be amazing and that's why we never move foward.

God bless all those who suffer for their God given right to choose to be Nigerians or not. God bless all lovers of Biafra and the right to self determination and may God bless Biafra.

Re: Disturbing Story Of Biafran Women Protesters Shot At Awka by legendboy(m): 9:40pm On Oct 20, 2015
Please guys, can someone tell me what these guys is up to, their aim, anger, goal, achievement plz i nid a reply.. Plz

1 Like

Re: Disturbing Story Of Biafran Women Protesters Shot At Awka by theLegion(m): 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
GOD BLESS YOU TOO... This shiii is so wrong. #AngryMode

2 Likes

Re: Disturbing Story Of Biafran Women Protesters Shot At Awka by Flets: 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
This aids the Biafran case.
Re: Disturbing Story Of Biafran Women Protesters Shot At Awka by Abugab(m): 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
Did the women get a police permit to stage a protest? Protests are not just carried out as it could degenerate into something else.
I totally disagree with the police on using live bullets as tear gas should have sufficed to disperse the crowd.
Always good to hear the other side before pushing blame but the police have yo let Nigerians know their side of the story.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!! Senate Screening In Darkness!!! / The Collapse Of Lagos–abeokuta Expressway And The Lagos Intervention / See Photos Of Nigerian EOD Soldiers Defusing IEDs On Roads Trapped By Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.