Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

My Nissan Maxima Giving Codes P0021 Etc And Low Oil Pressure Sign On Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Nissan Maxima Giving Codes P0021 Etc And Low Oil Pressure Sign On Dashboard (856 Views)

See The Typical Dashboard Of Danfos In Lagos (PHOTOS) / WARNING!!! Don't Put Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (Video) / Rav4 2004 Oil Pressure Indicator Flickers When Engine Is Hot, Pls Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nissan Maxima Giving Codes P0021 Etc And Low Oil Pressure Sign On Dashboard by steveyen(m): 10:05am On Oct 21, 2015
Hi house,

I have this Nissan maxima 04. Recently I started noticing some strange things.

1. On most days when I start the car the oil pressure sign on the dashboard will not go off until I engage the gear to drive to move the car.

2. The same oil pressure sign intermittently come on and off esp when I am slowing down, applying brake or when d car motion is not so fast.

I checked the oil level okay.

I scanned the car and got the following codes

P1168, P0340, P0037, P0021 and P1051

The car still drives around but I am afraid the engine might be in danger.

KINDLY help me out on what I can do or what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance.
Re: My Nissan Maxima Giving Codes P0021 Etc And Low Oil Pressure Sign On Dashboard by mayor2013: 3:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
Clear the codes, drive to complete and obd cycle then rescan and see what code(s) left

P0340- camshaft sensor circuit malfunction

P1168- air fuel sensor

P0037- oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction

P0021- intake valve timing control bank 2 malfunction

P0151 -Airfuel sensor bank1 sensor 2
Re: My Nissan Maxima Giving Codes P0021 Etc And Low Oil Pressure Sign On Dashboard by matharazi(m): 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
Firstly, check your oil pressure switch located right above the oil filter in some car. If bad replace it

Secondly, loose out your oil sump there's a filter inside if the filter is dirty or blocked it can cause to oil not to circulate well and certainly your engine is in danger.

I recommend you take your car to a good auto Engineer who can help you out rather than doing it your self and f**king the whole thing up.

If in abuja, you can call me on 08168571151 let's get it done
Re: My Nissan Maxima Giving Codes P0021 Etc And Low Oil Pressure Sign On Dashboard by sunnyking001(m): 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
Dat sign means the car is an accident car,there is history of accident before I bought it.the car need to be diagonise to capture main reason for that.

Mind u once u give out local Nigeria machanic to rectify that is d end of the car.
Re: My Nissan Maxima Giving Codes P0021 Etc And Low Oil Pressure Sign On Dashboard by steveyen(m): 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
Thanks for the input the codes has been cleared and they came back though the P0021 is a new one .

I have changed the camshaft sensor before but the code is come back.

mayor2013:
Clear the codes, drive to complete and obd cycle then rescan and see what code(s) left

P0340- camshaft sensor circuit malfunction

P1168- air fuel sensor

P0037- oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction

P0021- intake valve timing control bank 2 malfunction

P0151 -Airfuel sensor bank1 sensor 2
Re: My Nissan Maxima Giving Codes P0021 Etc And Low Oil Pressure Sign On Dashboard by steveyen(m): 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2015
thanks so much I will check out all those. Unfortunately i stay in Lagos not Abuja

matharazi:
Firstly, check your oil pressure switch located right above the oil filter in some car. If bad replace it

Secondly, loose out your oil sump there's a filter inside if the filter is dirty or blocked it can cause to oil not to circulate well and certainly your engine is in danger.

I recommend you take your car to a good auto Engineer who can help you out rather than doing it your self and f**king the whole thing up.

If in abuja, you can call me on 08168571151 let's get it done
Re: My Nissan Maxima Giving Codes P0021 Etc And Low Oil Pressure Sign On Dashboard by mayor2013: 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
steveyen:
thanks so much I will check out all those. Unfortunately i stay in Lagos not Abuja

If you are in lagos and you need good hands to get your car fixed. call 08156087872 or 08165520837 Bb pin is 7BE1C522
Re: My Nissan Maxima Giving Codes P0021 Etc And Low Oil Pressure Sign On Dashboard by steveyen(m): 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
Yeah u're right. i later get to discover the car has an accident history.

Can this be the cause of the latest issues? Or how did this affect all this? And pls if I might how were u able to detect it is an accident car from the info I gave out. you must be a guru !!!!!!

Whats d way forward plss.

sunnyking001:
Dat sign means the car is an accident car,there is history of accident before I bought it.the car need to be diagonise to capture main reason for that.

Mind u once u give out local Nigeria machanic to rectify that is d end of the car.
Re: My Nissan Maxima Giving Codes P0021 Etc And Low Oil Pressure Sign On Dashboard by mayor2013: 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
steveyen:
Yeah u're right. i later get to discover the car has an accident history.

Can this be the cause of the latest issues? Or how did this affect all this? And pls if I might how were u able to detect it is an accident car from the info I gave out. you must be a guru !!!!!!

Whats d way forward plss.

Way forward is to get a competent mechanic help you fix your ride. Call this number if you are in lagos 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bb pin is 7BE1C522
Re: My Nissan Maxima Giving Codes P0021 Etc And Low Oil Pressure Sign On Dashboard by matharazi(m): 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
Alright no problem. Just get a competent auto Engineer to get it done if you can't DIY

(1) (Reply)

Bugatti Chiron Hypercar / How Safe (risky) Is Shipping A Car From Europe To Naija As I Am Studying Here. / Nissan EON Concept Car: A Car With A Different Touch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.