Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai (1067 Views)

Ondo Elections : "Rig And Die " - OPC Threatens Federal Government / Nigerians React To El-rufai’s ‘fall And Die’ Comment / El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by youaremad(f): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
lalasticlala

@360jamng

[img]http:///wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Nasir-el-Rufai.png[/img]
Governor Nasir El-Rufai has denied a statement credited to him that he told critics of his political appointments in Kaduna State to climb the popular Kufena Hills, throw themselves from its top and die.

Gov. El-Rufai was reported to have made the comment while answering questions at the 4th town hall meeting in Kaduna Central at the weekend.

Following a backlash from majority of Nigerians in response to the harsh comment, the governor on Tuesday said he was misrepresented.
El-Rufai said in a statement through his media assistant, Samuel Aruwan, that he did not ask anyone to die over appointments, adding that he was only being emphatic about the need for frank talk when he said those not comfortable with the truth could climb the Kufena Hills  and jump.

The statement quoted the exact words by Gov. El-Rufai at the town hall meeting thus: “All of us in the Kaduna State government have sworn with the Quran; Christians with the holy bible, to do justice and we will do justice. We better stand and tell ourselves the truth. Everyone knows the truth. No matter the noise, the truth is constant. And as I stand here, no matter who you are, I will face you and tell you the truth. If you don’t want to hear the truth, you can climb Kufena Hills and jump”.

Gov. El-Rufai said the word “die”, was a fabrication dressed as a direct quote due to the fact that his comments were translated from Hausa.

http:///i-was-misrepresented-by-the-media-on-fall-and-die-comment-el-rufai/
Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by HungerBAD: 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
Of course we know it was a lie.

There is nothing the tiny handful, of Journalists Loyal to the PDP will not do. Bunch of Liars.

1 Like

Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by youaremad(f): 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
where is my introvert?
Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by Basildvalour(m): 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
All that matters is that it was said
Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by ojun50(m): 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
Ok
Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by kemlily(f): 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
ISOKAY
Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by isblog(m): 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
PDP said this, then APC now said this, then all their followers decided to believe that.... Enough of all the talk.. Forward naija
Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by Firefire(m): 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
HungerBAD:

There is nothing the tiny handful, of Journalists Loyal to the PDP will not do. Bunch of Liars.

Evil media promoted and financed by APC.

1 Like

Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by Zuria(f): 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
So if they climb the mountain and jump, their lives would be renewed? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by Singingbae(m): 12:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
APC's agenda!!!!
Saying something
If well taken by the public (adhere to it)
If ok by them but received backlash by the public(lie that they never said it)

1 Like

Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by PRYCE(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
You said It! You've got the tendency to!

You insulted Jesus and Your son insulted a state governor!.. It runs in the blood!!

1 Like

Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by talktimi(m): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
When you jump from kufena mountain 70 years will be added to your life automatically. Why are these wicked journalists trying to spoil Nigeria's best governors' name ?

This remind me of the case where one man said if he should lose an election, dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood but of course that was only a figure of speech grin

Make una leave me alone o

1 Like

Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by nofij(m): 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
HungerBAD:

And you understand Hausa very well to know the exact words he used?
Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
Zuria:
So if they climb the mountain and jump, their lives would be renewed? grin grin grin
stop twisting what my able governor said, he meant if they climb kufena hills they should do so with parachute so that they won't die when they jump. Sai Elrufa, APC ati Oshiomole

1 Like

Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
Its only in Nigeria that you will jump from a moutain top and survive. El rufai is very stupid for thinking we are Stupid

1 Like

Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by sunny12345679: 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
I be Like say the guy was high when he made those statement.
Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
TOO LATE WE ALREADY QUOTE YOU.

DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE.

Re: I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai by Zuria(f): 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
stop twisting what my able governor said, he meant if they climb kufena hills they should do so with parachute so that they won't die when they jump. Sai Elrufa, APC ati Oshiomole

grin grin Next time he should just tell them to jump with an umbrella grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

VANGUARD ‘we Are Hopeful That Biafra Will Come To Be’ / Nigeria Will Be Better In The Next 2 Years Under Buhari – PDP Chieftain / "Presidency Requires Decorum" Mimiko Enlightens Lai Mohammed On Ministerial Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.