Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today (35143 Views)

Lady Killed After Withdrawing Money From Diamond Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Bomb Scare At Diamond Bank In Jos As Bomb Is Suspected To Be In Car Parked / My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by repogirl(f): 10:08am On Oct 22, 2015
ikombe:
they have been robbing before change came undecided
its worse now.
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by amb2015(m): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2015
country is very hot now. news of robbery everywhere. may God help his people. this month alone over 20 cars have been stolen in Ph alone and not up to 50 percent were recovered.
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Frank3n2(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2015
What got me laughing was... The old man started rolling on the floor.... Him no wan die yet grin grin
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by bigapple7: 10:23am On Oct 22, 2015
na God win
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by bigapple7: 10:24am On Oct 22, 2015
amb2015:
country is very hot now. news of robbery everywhere. may God help his people. this month alone over 20 cars have been stolen in Ph alone and not up to 50 percent were recovered.
na chrismass money dem dey find now
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2015
RedCard1:
It was about 10:09 that I decided to go to Diamond Bank Nkpolu/Mile 3 branch along Ikwerre Road in Port Harcourt for the processing of my Bank Verification Number, BVN. The bank isn't far from RSUST round about. I left for the Bank with my good neighbour who I convinced to opening an account with the bank for his wife, so his wife came along with us.
We got there at about 10:40. The BVN took less than 20minutes so, by 11:00 we would have been on our way home but for the que on the exit door. So we waited for 5minutes, it was 11:05 now.
My neighbour's wife was out already and my neighbour was in the exit door (abi na room) set to go while I was still standing. All of a sudden, we heard gun shots but it didn't shake us until it kept sounding. Over 200 people (staff included) inside the bank started shivering. People started recieving calls from outside that armed robbers were around. I got close to the window, opened the curtain a bit just to get a glance at what was happening outside of the bank but I couldn't see anything beyond the bank premises. I only saw customers hiding behind themselves outside the bank. The gun kept making the scary noise. At this point, my heart started boiling, I began to think of my mother, siblings, friends and other beloved ones. My neighbour was stuck in the exit door as the door power was switched off cos the order was no going out or coming in. We ran into different rooms. Some women started crying. An old man (supposedly in his 70s) started rolling on the floor. The bank staff started calling police men but police didn't come despite the fact that a police station was just at UST junction not far from the bank. 14minutes later, there was great silence in the area. That was when a staff got a call and was told that the robbers had gone but they didn't still allow movement in the bank. People started coming out of several rooms in great numbers. We started complaining that we wanted to go. After sometime, a staff (don't know if it was the manager) started ordering everybody to stop filling forms and withdrawal/deposit slips. He said the bank had stopped operation for the day. Now the door was open, we rushed out and saw police men checking on a green colour 4runner jeep parked directly opposite the bank. That was when we discovered that robbers had attacked a man and took over 1million Naira from him. The robbers didn't come for the bank. I'm glad I'm resting at home now. As I no die today eh, I no fit die again.

Did any body die?
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 22, 2015
TheMainMan:
What if the robbers had come for the bank.. What would have happened to Ur friend trapped at the exit door when usin explosives and guns to break down the door.. He should be the one to go for testimony..shocked shocked..

My thoughts exactly. If I was in that situation (trapped in that exit door) I would have died from fear embarassed
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 22, 2015
Your robbery experiences, you mean you rob a bank?
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:39am On Oct 22, 2015
The bank managements made a very wrong move by switching off the security door light knowing there is someone inside,your neighbour would have been sprayed to death if those robbers had the intentions of robbing the bank
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by justmenoni: 10:39am On Oct 22, 2015
Lol at least I dey collect 25k and ain't jobless waiting for 5k social money grin grin grin

ikombe:
shey na everybody go dey work by dat time

U think say na everybody dey surfer like u wey dey wake 6am come back 9pm. Only for month end make dem pay u 25K undecided
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikombe: 10:45am On Oct 22, 2015
justmenoni:
Lol at least I dey collect 25k and ain't jobless waiting for 5k social money grin grin grin

gringringringrin

them fit be dangote cousin grin
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by kingPINN(m): 10:50am On Oct 22, 2015
Menh, your neighbour had the most night marish experience. Being stucked inside a powered down exit door, he would have given his life over and over to God. May God continue to protect us all.
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by justmenoni: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2015
Small pikin I no blame u ooo na dis mods I blame for Nairaland... So after u finish from shalom kliffon u never get job..just know say na me and ur brothers (chisom,chisorukwwu and ebuka be mate,I no Wan add ur uncle obadiaeze join sha) problems with u igbo be say una lack respect..eyin omo ale afi ipa ji obi e

uote author=ikombe post=39231002]shey na everybody go dey work by dat time

U think say na everybody dey surfer like u wey dey wake 6am come back 9pm. Only for month end make dem pay u 25K undecided[/quote]
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Abee79(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2015
UnimkeAk:

Mr security expert!

The Op didn't say the guy withdrew the 1m from the diamond bank he went to do his bvn.

The man might just be enroute from another bank ; house or some other place.

I TOO KNOW!
ITK

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by justmenoni: 10:56am On Oct 22, 2015
Ogbeni stop quoting me cos I don't do ppl from d East

quote author=ikombe post=39233617]gringringringrin

them fit be dangote cousin grin[/quote]
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by blazers007: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2015
I thk God 4 ur neighbour who got stuck in the exit door. because had d robbers aimed 4 d bank, he surely would have bn blown to pieces by d dynamites they often use to break into banks.

He's indeed d luckiest of them all, he shld go 4 thanksgiving.
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Originalsly: 11:00am On Oct 22, 2015
OP...I don't get you....after hearing gunshots outside the bank and learning is armed robbers. ..why on earth would you go close to a window?...and pull curtain? ...are the windows bullet proof?...after hearing what's going on ...must you see? Reminds me of Lot's wife.@topic... the robbers had to get information from somewhere.... the bank teller...someone in the line... business associate or friend/family. At the end of the day
..I'm sure the bank was robbed in the confusion.....either by customers rushing to all areas....or by the tellers ...or even managers...who would blame customers.
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by SylarsMcQuins: 11:01am On Oct 22, 2015
ikombe:
La click , La download , La bend undecided

Ki lo wi. Le Bend fu kini?
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Miranda11: 11:07am On Oct 22, 2015
D robberies taking place in Diamond bank is becoming alarming. Just a couple of days ago not up 2 two weeks ago heavily armed robbers went to Diamond bank near Ordinance junction at Trans Amadi. It was terrible, 4 diamond bank security guards were shot, robbers made away with a large amt of money from d bullion van but d police, army n other services pple engaged dem in a fierce gun battle near stadium road junction so d robbers had to abandon d money n run 4 their lives, but it was a traumatic experience for pple in d area.
May God help n protect us as we all go in2 banks 2 do our monetary transactions.

3 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Christmasdon(m): 11:11am On Oct 22, 2015
This is what we have bin saying, op, you see your life , last minute rush, at this time you are still filling BVN form. This would have caused you.alot .thank Gode.!
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Bandeco(m): 11:22am On Oct 22, 2015
Misleading title. No correlation between the title and the story..

No need to say God save ur life cos u weren't at any danger of being killed since u were inside the bank and the robbers didn't enter the bank..

Anyway, bank/robbery is again becoming pervasive nowadays.. Going to a bank here in Lagos scares the shirt outta me.. Coming out too from the bank is even worse..
God help us all undecided
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 22, 2015
Thank God for your life and those of others...
But please whenever you hear the sound of gunshots, go down low.
Don't go to the window looking for the bullets.

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikombe: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2015
justmenoni:
Ogbeni stop quoting me cos I don't do ppl from d East
and who said am from the east undecided
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ayogabriel(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2015
The state of robbery in port Harcourt has increase exponentially, just last week the diamond bank at trans amadi close to me was robbed about 4pm, millions was taken but the robbers abandoned part of the money according to what I read in the papers. Just 2 Saturday ago. I was around elelenwo, waiting to buy fuel when gun shorts everywhere , people running cars drove into bushes , suvs ran into another, the robbery was for 3 min. After 4 min we came out to the road to find out the company that moves cash was just attacked, the bullet holes on the patrol vans, dead body of about 3 of the security personnel , the cashier too, heaven know if she survived the gun shot, on my away from the scene about 2min drive I saw police check point and I was like, did this robbers fly pass this guys. Mehn to go out it's scary in this town.

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikombe: 11:40am On Oct 22, 2015
justmenoni:
Small pikin I no blame u ooo na dis mods I blame for Nairaland... So after u finish from shalom kliffon u never get job..just know say na me and ur brothers (chisom,chisorukwwu and ebuka be mate,I no Wan add ur uncle obadiaeze join sha) problems with u igbo be say una lack respect..eyin omo ale afi ipa ji obi e
pls who the Bleep are you And how do u know so much about me and ma family members undecided

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikombe: 11:47am On Oct 22, 2015
justmenoni:

uote author=ikombe post=39231002]shey na everybody go dey work by dat time

U think say na everybody dey surfer like u wey dey wake 6am come back 9pm. Only for month end make dem pay u 25K undecided
you did a good job digging my profile out from facebook grin. Na people like u we need for EFCC cheesy
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by stonecoldcafe: 11:57am On Oct 22, 2015
@redcard1 thank God for your life. Well sha na insider information via the bank or someone who knows that the customer was going to withdraw a large sum. Most likely insider info sha...
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by justmenoni: 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Seriously stop quoting me,I don't deal with ppl like u...just be careful cos Nairaland ain't faceless like you can imagine and mind You not everyone accepts jokes or critism....

uote author=ikombe post=39235647] you did a good job digging my profile out from facebook grin. Na people like u we need for EFCC cheesy[/quote]
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
so even after all that drama the manager or whoever it is still had to order people to stop filling withdrawal and deposit slips...lol...Nigerians shaaaaa!!! thank God for u bruv...
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikombe: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
justmenoni:
Seriously stop quoting me,I don't deal with ppl like u...just be careful cos Nairaland ain't faceless like you can imagine and mind You not everyone accepts jokes or critism....

uote author=ikombe post=39235647] you did a good job digging my profile out from facebook grin. Na people like u we need for EFCC cheesy
so are u wan of them. Bad guys who doesnt accept jokes undecided
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by justmenoni: 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Naso una no dey hear... I say make u free Mr abi na until u learn lesson... Joke isn't when a jobless kid like you abuse me of working 15hrs a day for 1200 a day...mind your business and mind You someone working is far better than your lots so like I said earlier mind your business and watch yourself online cos you might really be messing with the wrong people.

quote author=ikombe post=39236452]so are u wan of them. Bad guys who doesnt accept jokes undecided[/quote]
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
This story was suppose to be scary right? Why was i laughing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Updates On Evans, The Billionaire Kidnapper By Police IG, Ibrahim Idris / Church Member Petitions Police Over Lagos Prophet Who Defrauded Her Of N5million / Man Shoots Neighbour Dead While Aiming At Wife’s Lover In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.