Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,068 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! (892 Views)

Shekau Brand NIGERIA SOLDIERS Cowards / Lets Re-claim Nigeria From The Hands Of Our Rulers! / I Am Hungry, Please Re-brand Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by zogo(m): 10:36am On May 02, 2009
yea, lets re-brand Nigeria!

Nigeria, Good people,, Great Nation!

Good vision, let all hands be on deck for this vision. it will help a lot in realizing the vision 2020 despite as Nigeria ranks almost top in the number of currupt nations in the world, as reported by Transperency Intl. 2006

Remember some body or persons did what they did to take us where we are today; you and I have our own duty to take the coming Nigeria generation somewhere better. However, this can only be realized when we as a country go in the vision of
re-branding Nigeria. This Vision is not left for the Information or National orientation ministry alone, but for we all.

Food for Thought in realizing the vision:

1. Think of what you can do for Nigeria, not what Nigeria will do for you
2. Start talking Good about Nigeria (locally & internationally)
3. project/protect a good image for Nigeria
4. Be a patroitic cicitizen
5 Lets fear and honour God (we and our political leaders), etc. etc.

the list did not end there, add more to it.
lets keep the ball rolling on this poll.

I love Nigeria! thats the spirit!
Gideon Wealth! 07063249904, gideonkelvins@yahoo.com
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by ElRazur: 10:59am On May 02, 2009
You can't re-brand a nation. It is not a consuming product that can be re-branded. It is a nation made of people and as such the very people need to look and ask why we need to "re-brand" in the first place. No point putting an old wine into a new bottle, It would only taste the same.
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by zogo(m): 12:28pm On May 02, 2009
Capital No. friend thanks for ur input. however, we should not go in that vision. A dirty cloth if properly washed can be restored to its former color (maybe with thorough concentration on dirts & good detergent), same thing is Nigeria. We all knw it that things have really gone wrong here, but we're only saying, lets try our own little best for our nation. Start with your own, and watch others folow.

Yes, we can re-brand Nigeria, if all hands be on deck.

Proudly Nigerian!
I love Nigeria!
Thats the spirit!
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by ElRazur: 12:39pm On May 02, 2009
Dude you can't make improving without dealing with the existing endemic issues. To acknowledge a problem is the first step to finding a solution. Yeah I am proud to be a Nigerian, I love certain aspect of my country, but to go all out and ignore the basic issues while calling for "re-branding" aint a true reflection of a True Nigerian in my opinion.

Here is another logic you are failing to see. I am ready to do my bit for the nation, however the nation is not ready for my bit.

As for your logic of comparing Nigeria to a dirty cloth that can be cleaned, well, allow me to play along. Nigeria is like a cloth that is faded, ragged and ripped. The only solution is to recycle it. Washing it wont restore it back to it former glory unless recycled.

The point is, we need to go back to basics and try again. So far, the idea of re-branding won't work on a flawed foundation we have built over the past 40 years.
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by Akpangbon: 12:43pm On May 02, 2009
El Razur

Wrong as usual. Arguing blindly without posing a solution!
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by philip0906(m): 1:43pm On May 02, 2009
Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria!
Into what product?
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by blacksta(m): 2:00pm On May 02, 2009
philip0906:

Into what product?

my pikin coughing syrup ( but the actual contents is poison)
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by philip0906(m): 2:03pm On May 02, 2009
my pikin coughing syrup ( but the actual contents is poison)
grin grin grin
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On May 02, 2009
zogo:

Capital No. friend thanks for ur input. however, we should not go in that vision. A dirty cloth if properly washed can be restored to its former color (maybe with thorough concentration on dirts & good detergent), same thing is Nigeria. We all knw it that things have really gone wrong here, but we're only saying, lets try our own little best for our nation. Start with your own, and watch others folow.
Yes, we can re-brand Nigeria, if all hands be on deck.
So, let me start by asking you this. How do you wash Nigeria clean? Note the major problems we have are
1) Bad government at the top and at the Bottom
2) Corruption
3) Lack of Organization from the top to the bottom

The world knows this and is watching to see when these will be dealt with. So, how do you wash these off? How do you re-brand these
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by ElRazur: 6:19pm On May 02, 2009
Akpangbon:

El Razur

Wrong as usual. Arguing blindly without posing a solution!

I_laugh or another I_idiot type account, Hmmmmm.

The words of the wise are apparently foolish to the uninitiated. smiley
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by fatiu: 2:50pm On May 04, 2009
i am yet to go in line with it ,because if we have good leaders, the nation will re-brand itself. taking a critical look at lagos state, through good governance,the state has branded itself. university of ilorin ALSO CAN SERVE AS TYPICAL EXAMPLE.
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by fatiu: 2:54pm On May 04, 2009
i am yet to go in line with it ,because if we have good leaders, the nation will re-brand itself. taking a critical look at lagos state, through good governance,the state has branded itself. university of ilorin, can also serve as a typical example.
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by monkeyleg: 3:56pm On May 04, 2009
The filth that surrounds us has not been cleaned up yet, until then we should not even think of re-branding anything. True to who we are we spend so much time on nonsence and avoid dealing with the real issues.
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by Akabiboy(m): 4:45pm On May 04, 2009
@el razur

Thanks for insight comment and dont be bothered about people that lack the knowledge to engage in constructive arguement.

My take on the matter is that why rebrand? what are we rebrading? and who will lead the rebranding crusade?
I want to believe the poster lives in nigeria so as such does not feel the negative side of being a nigerian.
What good do you want me to say about nigeria when in fact my nationalty as worked against me so many times.
And one word to the rebranding minister, are we going to rebrand the roads, electricity, police. corrupt politicians
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by ElRazur: 4:49pm On May 04, 2009
Akabi_boy:

@el razur

Thanks for insight comment and don't be bothered about people that lack the knowledge to engage in constructive argument.

Thanks man. smiley
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On May 04, 2009
I am going to take it that the poster has no answer to my question(s).
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by toshmann(m): 9:21pm On May 04, 2009
any attempt to re-brand nigeria is an indirect acceptance that nigeria stinks.
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On May 04, 2009
I doubt you can ever get them to admit that. I mean we are talking of people who swear there is nothing wrong with Nigeria as is but somehow there is need to re-brand.
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by zogo(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2009
Fellow Nigerians tenx for ur opinions! Wao what a nagative psych of my people!
From ur opinions the error cannot be corrected anymore. But i insist, we can re-brand or recycle Nigeria. Remember, "Nature" made u a Nigerian, so we must accept the fact that we're Nigerians, and work in the re-branding vision. let me ask: if u and i are not involved in such significant issue in restoring the dignity of our nation, who will? Yes the Onus is on the political leaders, lets keep praying for them, we also have our individual role to play too, that's first of all re-branding ourselves and our psychs (Nigeria can change for good) Who knows, you might be a political leader tomorrow, what vision do u wish to portary if u dont walk in the re-branding vision; this is why the rebranding goal begins from us first. Once more, i commend and enjoin us to walk in the re-branding vision. well, there's hope.

Long live Nigeria!
I love Nigeria!
Thats the spirit!
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On May 07, 2009
I knew it. These people never change!
Re: Yes, Lets Re-brand Nigeria! by ElRazur: 8:36am On May 09, 2009
grin After reading his post, I am forced to agree with Kobojunkie. I mean, he cannot even defend his stance, cannot answer questions direct at him. Yet in the end of it all, he posted a rant and that is it?

Seriously, what is the point of this thread? Surely if "re-branding" Nigeria is meant to happen, people should be able to stand up and defend their "re-branding" views? Oh well. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Like Speaking English Lol / Maryam Hangs On To Life As Ibb Becomes Scared About Being Sued In Us Court / Justice Awokulehin Agrees To Discharge Ibori; Uniben Reinstates Him To Give “fou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.