Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,079 members, 7,842,094 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

. - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (32816 Views)

Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Is Talking Nonsense - Edwin Clark / Buhari's Mid- Term Score Card By Ross Alabo-george / Enough Of This Biafran Nonsense!!! By Alabo Abiye Akkio-abbey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by ikechu1278: 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
laudate:

Eziokwu!! shocked shocked Gịnī ḳwọ bùḍù ̣ǹke à? And you are truly the most DECEITFUL person known to mankind! angry Why are you spewing insults simply because you cannot accept the truth??! Yes, I know a few members of the Graham-Douglas family. Why does that offend you?? Is it a crime to know them?? Are they not human beings?? I did not know the man himself but I know his daughter and grand-daughter, as well as a cousin of theirs'. Tell me, how many people have I said that I know, and why does that fact send you into a rage?? shocked shocked Is it my fault that I am not as clannish as you, that has lived in a village in a remote area your entire life? Everyone's reality is different. undecided

Dude you don't know NOBODY. This is a FACT and I can bet my entire life saving on that, hell I'll even bet my grandmother life on that. You're just some deluded dude online who whenever called out, immediately have either family members from areas or know the relatives of the someone being talked out. It doesn't take a genius to figure you out because you are so desperate to save face, you use the same lies all the damn time. Switch it up, maybe then when you actually conduct a lie, people would believe you. Yes I so believe you know the douglas family. Infact nwoke, you know barack obama's family too. You even knew Jesus. Nonsense!!

In your last post before this one, you claimed Graham-Douglas's library was never burnt because he did not make reference to it in his book. I cited an interview with Judy Nwanodi the expatriate wife of an Easterner who was resident in Port-Harcourt during the civil war, and witnessed the fact that Graham-Douglas' house and books were burnt. She never even quantified the number of books! So where did you see the word 'few'? I fit borrow you my contact lens, o! What is a library? The Mirriam-Webster Dictionary defines it as;

So in your view, a house cannot contain a library? Going by this definition, you are dead wrong!
There is no such thing as a house library in Nigeria..FACT!! A small quantity of book is not considered a library. Did they burn his book? I'll agree with the little you provided. Did they burn a library? The answer is a HELL NO

And Judy Nwanodi never made reference to who burnt Graham-Douglas' books - whether they were the eastern indigenous people or soldiers!! So why are telling lies, here? Where exactly did she mention eastern indigenous to use your own words?? And you are launching an attack online, using falsehood??! Chai! shocked

I can see you have a reading comprehension problem. Even when broken down in the same quote you quoted, you still ask the question with answers already written up there.
Obviously I need to simplify things before you get it.
1.) Biafran soldiers were protecting Douglas, the other guy and others
2.) Aguma made sure to he protected almost all the river state leaders who were against biafra and deliberately instructed they be looked after by people he commanded aka biafran soldiers
3.) He had them detained in custody in the jail cells ojukwu and all biafran leaders had access to
4.) Therefore using the common sense, the God almighty gave you...who the f2k you think in Eastern Nigerian that the soldiers where protecting the leaders from? It's either A.) The Biafran soldiers or B.) The Eastern indigenous. Common sense tells going by who was doing the protecting and where they were held at that the answer is B. Judging from Douglas book, he mentioned that both the igbos and minorities were inching for revenge and stemming with anger, once again...that points the anwer to B.
Common sense exist nigg@, use it more often.

Yes, she mentioned the fact that here husband and Graham-Douglas were detained by Aguma for their protection, and so what?? Was this thread about Aguma, or what he did and did not do?? Was my post about Aguma or Graham-Douglas, so what is my business with Aguma and why are you making him the focus of your response in this post, when the issue is about Graham Douglas?? Are you for real??

This RIGHT HERE proves you do have reading comprehension problem. Point out to me where it is I focused on Aguma. Dude READ WORDS CAREFULLY!!!!! Emphasis on that term again CAREFULLY. That's helps you grasp what it is you are reading. All I am going to say is reread my post again cause I'm not about to simplify another thing for you.

As for Col. Ojeh, you are the one trying to play smart, thinking everyone is as dumb as you are. Is it every single soldier that committed atrocities in the war, that is known to all and sundry?? Many of the minorities who suffered during the war, are yet to tell their stories either because of the trauma or deep-seated pain they went through. People process grief in different ways. sad Your fellow NL member who disclaimed Col. Ojeh was your first sole authority on the Degema soldier. Now, you have turned round to claim, "going by every war history worldwide known to men, individuals that did such atrocity are well known, well discussed and well written about. " What a strange sense of reasoning.

Like I said earlier, majority of minorities have not written about their suffering during the war. When they eventually do so, the revelations would be shocking. If you had produced the entire list of officers who served in the Biafran army and his name was not included, then you would have had a valid point! undecided

You are so pathetic is sickening. In Asaba massacre, I cannot name all soliders in Asaba at that time but the names that instructed the killings, the names that did most killings are well known, well spoken off and well documented. The same factor can be found in WW1, WWII. Many River state indigienous wrote a book on Biafra war, yet ironically nobody spoke of a Col ojeh of degema. And yet you're arguing this? Are you brain dead or something or are you that desperate. I mentioned the NL member from Degema speaking on this because since the author claims Col Ojeh was a degema descendant, very likely, he'll be known by his own people and yet a member from his tribe even mentioned he's never heard the name before. I ask again, are you brain dead or something? WTF you think you're arguing/defending

If it was an Igbo community that said a federal soldier committed atrocities against their community, you would never have said such a soldier did not exist because third parties did not mention his name in their books or articles. Please get real and stop playing to the gallery. sad
If it was an igbo community, I would have asked the same question. Degema itself is not an Igbo town therefore the col ojeh is not an Igbo but that does not mean I'll sit here and allow a distorted lies being pushed as fact. If an igbo man comes out right now and call out a name noone has heard of and claimed he participated in Biafra, I'll ask the exact same question I am asking now. Swerve left if you ain't got nothing better to say.

2 Likes

Re: . by laudate: 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
ikechu1278:

Dude you don't know NOBODY. This is a FACT and I can bet my entire life saving on that, hell I'll even bet my grandmother life on that. You're just some deluded dude online who whenever called out, immediately have either family members from areas or know the relatives of the someone being talked out. It doesn't take a genius to figure you out because you are so desperate to save face, you use the same lies all the damn time. Switch it up, maybe then when you actually conduct a lie, people would believe you. Yes I so believe you know the douglas family. Infact nwoke, you know barack obama's family too. You even knew Jesus. Nonsense!!
Hahaha! You are too pathetic for words. shocked I do not have the permission of the family to mention their individual names here, so I will not intrude on their privacy by doing so. Are you jealous that you do NOT know them??

You are the one trying to save face by being aggressive, and spewing out 4-letter words and insults in every other line. The Graham-Douglas' family are human beings. They do not live on the moon, or in outer space. They have family, friends and acquaintances, so it is not impossible that someone would know them. Not everyone is as clannish as you. I know people from different parts of this country and I also have family from different ethnic groups. If you bet your life's savings, you would lose! Quit being daft. Go and hug a transformer, if it does not please you! angry
ikechu1278:

There is no such thing as a house library in Nigeria..FACT!! A small quantity of book is not considered a library. Did they burn his book? I'll agree with the little you provided. Did they burn a library? The answer is a HELL NO.

Continue swearing. In your small myopic mind, you fail to realise that people can have offices in their homes or entire rooms where they stack books, journals and documents, which invariably becomes a library. You are still looking for a separate edifice like the type that exists in a university, despite the fact that a clear definition of what constitutes a library has been given to you. The Mirriam-Webster Dictionary defined it as 'a collection of books, or a room in which books are kept.' So the dictionary is wrong, abi? You still cannot accept the truth. What a pity. Home libraries exists in Nigeria, and have been in existence for ages among the intelligentsia. Go to a lot of universities. You will find many professors who live on campus, have a room that has been turned into a library in their homes. Oh, I forgot that you grew up in a village where such things were unknown.

If it was an Igbo man whose books were burnt, you would have readily accepted this fact without question. How pathetic.

ikechu1278:

I can see you have a reading comprehension problem. Even when broken down in the same quote you quoted, you still ask the question with answers already written up there.
Obviously I need to simplify things before you get it.
1.) Biafran soldiers were protecting Douglas, the other guy and others
2.) Aguma made sure to he protected almost all the river state leaders who were against biafra and deliberately instructed they be looked after by people he commanded aka biafran soldiers
3.) He had them detained in custody in the jail cells ojukwu and all biafran leaders had access to
4.) Therefore using the common sense, the God almighty gave you...who the f2k you think in Eastern Nigerian that the soldiers where protecting the leaders from? It's either A.) The Biafran soldiers or B.) The Eastern indigenous. Common sense tells going by who was doing the protecting and where they were held at that the answer is B. Judging from Douglas book, he mentioned that both the igbos and minorities were inching for revenge and stemming with anger, once again...that points the anwer to B.
Common sense exist nigg@, use it more often.

You were called out on your lies, and in trying to justify that lie you are digging yourself deeper into a pit. undecided

Your last post emphatically stated that the expatriate lady whose comments I quoted, noted that Graham-Douglas' house and books were burnt by 'eastern indigenous'. A fact that was NOT recorded in her interview, since there was no mention of the perpetrators. When it was brought to your attention, you did a U-turn claiming that since the Biafran soldiers were guarding Graham-Douglas and her husband on the orders of Aguma, the culprits were the 'eastern indigenous.' You were even the one who brought Aguma into the conversation in your last post, and ended up focusing on what he did. So why are you now claiming that you did not focus on Aguma? Receive sense, I beg.

The fact that Biafran soldiers were protecting Graham-Douglas, Nwanodi and others does not automatically mean it was the eastern indigenous people who burnt their houses, simply because it was not stated in that interview! Your conjecture is appalling! Ok, if you still insist they were the ones, then why would they burn up their houses, when they were under protective custody? They were under the protection of the state.

And like I asked you before, were the poor minorities, common man and masses in Biafra who did not agree with Biafra ideology, given such protection during the civil war? Am still waiting for an answer.

ikechu1278:

You are so pathetic is sickening. In Asaba massacre, I cannot name all soliders in Asaba at that time but the names that instructed the killings, the names that did most killings are well known, well spoken off and well documented. The same factor can be found in WW1, WWII. Many River state indigienous wrote a book on Biafra war, yet ironically nobody spoke of a Col ojeh of degema. And yet you're arguing this? Are you brain dead or something or are you that desperate. I mentioned the NL member from Degema speaking on this because since the author claims Col Ojeh was a degema descendant, very likely, he'll be known by his own people and yet a member from his tribe even mentioned he's never heard the name before. I ask again, are you brain dead or something? WTF you think you're arguing/defending

If it was an igbo community, I would have asked the same question. Degema itself is not an Igbo town therefore the col ojeh is not an Igbo but that does not mean I'll sit here and allow a distorted lies being pushed as fact. If an igbo man comes out right now and call out a name noone has heard of and claimed he participated in Biafra, I'll ask the exact same question I am asking now. Swerve left if you ain't got nothing better to say.

Again I repeat, you are so deluded, it is pathetic! Nobody mentioned that Degema was an Igbo town. Not Alabo Abiye, not me. The point being made by Alabo, was that the Col. Ojeh was acting as a Biafran soldier, not as an Igbo soldier. He could have been so intoxicated by power or indoctrinated by the prevailing ideology of the day, that he saw any dissent from any quarters (even if it came from his own tribe), as something to be ruthlessly dealt with. shocked

All the Rivers people that wrote on the war, were they up to 20 people? Did they all come from the same communities?? Was the war fought by the same set of individuals in each territory or sector? Was it the same battalion or platoon that went into each different community in the present Rivers State? So why would a Col. Ojeh feature in all the books by those Rivers people?

As for reaching out to an NL member to verify if a Col. Ojeh existed, I laughed when I read that one. cheesy cheesy How old is this NL member, that you are reaching out to? Does he know every single person in Degema? Even on my street, I don't know everyone, so how can one NL member know everyone that comes from his ethnic group, and be sufficiently bold enough to vouch for the identity of this Col. Ojeh? shocked

As for the Asaba massacre, it was a project by some folks from that area who went into the past to record eye-witness accounts from survivors, and also went into the archives to unearth the documents, that brought all those atrocities to light.

If the non-Igbo minorities decide to organise themselves, document eye-witness accounts from survivors, and conduct the same kind of research on what transpired during the war in their communities, just as the Asaba project did, the findings would shock a lot of people. undecided

You are so determined not to see the truth, even if it came and hit you right in the face. Oya, continue belly aching. When you are done, take a dive into the nearest river, if my response does not please you.
Re: . by ikechu1278: 6:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
laudate:

Hahaha! You are too pathetic for words. shocked I do not have the permission of the family to mention their individual names here, so I will not intrude on their privacy by doing so. Are you jealous that you do NOT know them??

You are the one trying to save face by being aggressive, and spewing out 4-letter words and insults in every other line. The Graham-Douglas' family are human beings. They do not live on the moon, or in outer space. They have family, friends and acquaintances, so it is not impossible that someone would know them. Not everyone is as clannish as you. I know people from different parts of this country and I also have family from different ethnic groups. If you bet your life's savings, you would lose! Quit being daft. Go and hug a transformer, if it does not please you! angry

You are so pathetic it's seen out of space. Tufiakwa!!!! Dude you stay on NL 24-7. It doesn't take much to know what type of person you are and you are nothing but a LOSER and I'm highly confident that family does not know you even exist and neither do you know who the heck they are...I'm so confident on that that of I'm wrong, let me be strick down right now and if you are fake as usual, let you stay in that country and suffer to death like you currently doing. Your behavior of saving by claiming "relatives" and "friends of relatives" of people you don't know, never met and will definately never meet is highly pathetic!!!! But Like I said I believe your desperate @ss. Just like each time you are called out, you automatically have family or friends or friends of relatives or so and so each places you're called out on, nigg@ yes you know the Douglas family...the same way you know Barack Obama's family...Mendela family....Idi Amin...Ojukwu's family...GEJ family...Buhari's family and even Jesus christ himself. Infact you were the best friend of Mary and the founder of facebook is your BFF. Tufiakwa!! What a loser.

Continue swearing. In your small myopic mind, you fail to realise that people can have offices in their homes or entire rooms where they stack books, journals and documents, which invariably becomes a library. You are still looking for a separate edifice like the type that exists in a university, despite the fact that a clear definition of what constitutes a library has been given to you. The Mirriam-Webster Dictionary defined it as 'a collection of books, or a room in which books are kept.' So the dictionary is wrong, abi? You still cannot accept the truth. What a pity. Home libraries exists in Nigeria, and have been in existence for ages among the intelligentsia. Go to a lot of universities. You will find many professors who live on campus, have a room that has been turned into a library in their homes. Oh, I forgot that you grew up in a village where such things were unknown.

grin grin grin grin What a laughable joke. Nigeria of today library sucks and I'm talking about universities and your illiterate @ss is trying to appraise a country housing that even the hoods in America is better than having a "house library". I've been inside multiple homes in Nigeria and including some of the nicest, richest home and till date, I've yet to meet one with a house library. Even WTF you described is called a BOOK SHELF. Everbody on this planet has one, that does not mean they have a house librarty. Then again, WTF do I expect from someone living in a third, undeveloped nation.
This is a house library (notice how it resemble a common library)
[img]http://nslegislature.ca/images/gallery/default/ProvHouse_Library.jpg[/img]
and this is not a house library

Notice the difference...LEARN THE DIFFERENCE. I didnot think for a second I had to teach a grown man the difference between a house library and a book shelf. Tufiakwa!! When I said you're brain dead, you continue proving me accurate.

If it was an Igbo man whose books were burnt, you would have readily accepted this fact without question. How pathetic.
Just like your illiterate @ss made the assumption I wouldn't question an unknown soliders name called if it was done by an igbo man is the same way you making more assumption and yet you wonder why I call you brain dead. You are more stupid than I talk. Oya, bring out more your own made up assumption? What's new?
Infact let's flip, the only reason you desperate to call a shelf a library is because it was done to a non-igbo by biafra is it not?

You were called out on your lies, and in trying to justify that lie you are digging yourself deeper into a pit. undecided

Your last post emphatically stated that the expatriate lady whose comments I quoted, noted that Graham-Douglas' house and books were burnt by 'eastern indigenous'. A fact that was NOT recorded in her interview, since there was no mention of the perpetrators. When it was brought to your attention, you did a U-turn claiming that since the Biafran soldiers were guarding Graham-Douglas and her husband on the orders of Aguma, the culprits were the 'eastern indigenous.' You were even the one who brought Aguma into the conversation in your last post, and ended up focusing on what he did. So why are you now claiming that you did not focus on Aguma? Receive sense, I beg.

Your problem is you have the WORST reading comprehension known to men. I maintain the same statement I stated in my earlier post and I've yet to change it. Even broke it down in a microscopic level just so you can grasp it because bundling it up was difficulty for you and despite it all, you still demonstrate difficulty. So pathetic and sad. I'll repeat the exact same question I asked earlier WHO WERE THE SOLIDER PROTECTING THEM AGAINST? Themselves? So in your own myopic head, the soldiers are protecting them from them? grin They say commonsense is not always common to some people. You single handily proved that belief accurate.

The fact that Biafran soldiers were protecting Graham-Douglas, Nwanodi and others does not automatically mean it was the eastern indigenous people who burnt their houses, simply because it was not stated in that interview! Your conjecture is appalling! Ok, if you still insist they were the ones, then why would they burn up their houses, when they were under protective custody? They were under the protection of the state.
Is this dude for real? Please permit me laugh grin grin grin grin Refer back to the top of my top post. While you at it, why would the government burn down the house of people they already have in custody if they wanted to do harm to them? For what reason, that's counter productive.
Let me make this simple in a way someone with your type of mindset can understand
You're pissed off and fuming enough to take anger out on anyone who opposed your view.
The individual your anger is currently directed at is currently in the custody of the government, do you a.) attack the government and soldiers with weapon in hopes of getting to the said person or b.) take your anger out on the property of the individual.
Psychologist would be B..not A for most human beings.

Now let's flip it
Biafra military is pissed off and fuming enough to take anger out on anyone who opposed the view of Biafra. Even made plans to do assassinate the individuals according to the OP of this moon light story
The individuals are already in your custody therefore, you can do any harm to them if you so wish.
Do you A.) attack them that's already in your custody, locked up in a jail away from family members, friends, etc that can help them or b.) attack their property and burn books
Sociologist says the answer would be A, not B.

Use the GEJ and PMB contest period as example. When GEJ went to north and the indigenous attacked him...did they go afer GEJ himself or did they go after his property aka the bus?

I didnot for a sec in my life think I'll be teaching common sense to a Grown man. Tufiakwa!!
Either you have no common sense at all or you've never taken any human services courses in your life or you desperately trying to twist logical sense upside it's head because you severally wish the act was done by Biafran solider or you just flat out dumb. Either way, your mind deserve in the museum..it's not normal in a bad way.

And like I asked you before, were the poor minorities, common man and masses in Biafra who did not agree with Biafra ideology, given such protection during the civil war? Am still waiting for an answer.
You ask the stupidest question..it is laughable. How do you expect Biafran soliders, whose population weren't high, to isolate and daily watch and protect indigienous that's against biafra? First of all, how do you expect them to differentiate from those for or against Biafra? Dude please for the sake God try and use your common sense..everybody should have one. I don't like teaching people what I feel like they should be able to do so by their damn self by just using their commonsense. I don't like being a teacher..that's not my job nor do I like breaking down to a microscopic level. This is the LAST TIME I am going break something that I personally think you should figure out without anyone simplifying it for you. Use your common sense, it's not hard, all you have to do is THINK. LAST TIME!!!!!! Anyway, you tell me how to you expect the soldiers and biafra leaders to differentiate for and pro biafra where in the eastern everyone was divided including in Igbo land. Who are they more likely to know their opinion on the matter...the political leaders who are more vocal, more known and interact with ojukwu and his leaders or ordinary individuals? Let's once again, use current event as example: If ISIS unite with BH and invade Nigeria right now and they had suicide bombers in every state in that zoo, who are the military very likely to protect and that country first? The indigenous or the leaders? Infact, let's not even make assumptions...during una mile12 whatever, who were the ones sent out of the country when the hostility increased tremendously? The indigenous or the leaders? who are the government of other nations willingly to grant political asylum first during unrest of a nation? The indigenous or the leaders? I can go on and on and on.
All I am going to say is WOW!!!!!!!!! I did not for a second think I have to teach a grown man common sense. WOW

Again I repeat, you are so deluded, it is pathetic! Nobody mentioned that Degema was an Igbo town. Not Alabo Abiye, not me. The point being made by Alabo, was that the Col. Ojeh was acting as a Biafran soldier, not as an Igbo soldier. He could have been so intoxicated by power or indoctrinated by the prevailing ideology of the day, that he saw any dissent from any quarters (even if it came from his own tribe), as something to be ruthlessly dealt with. shocked

REPEAT after me so it'll get through your head.. THERE IS NO COL OJEH OF DEGEMA. IT IS THE AUTHOR'S FIGMENT OF IMAGINATION.

All the Rivers people that wrote on the war, were they up to 20 people? Did they all come from the same communities?? Was the war fought by the same set of individuals in each territory or sector? Was it the same battalion or platoon that went into each different community in the present Rivers State? So why would a Col. Ojeh feature in all the books by those Rivers people?
Is this nigg@ for real? Again WOW. A river state man, an Ijaw precisely, killing other Ijaws and this said man name never spread. An Ijaw eldersman, Issac Boro, spoke of Biafra and again, he never mentioned it and you arguing that he exist..seriously I asked you are you brain dead or something?

As for reaching out to an NL member to verify if a Col. Ojeh existed, I laughed when I read that one. cheesy cheesy How old is this NL member, that you are reaching out to? Does he know every single person in Degema? Even on my street, I don't know everyone, so how can one NL member know everyone that comes from his ethnic group, and be sufficiently bold enough to vouch for the identity of this Col. Ojeh? shocked
grin grin grin grin It's now obvious. See what desperation does to a person. Why wouldn't a degema man know of a degema solider that supposedly killed the kalabari's and co during Biafra? If it truly happened, why would the Kalabari keep their mouth shut about it the entire time .

As for the Asaba massacre, it was a project by some folks from that area who went into the past to record eye-witness accounts from survivors, and also went into the archives to unearth the documents, that brought all those atrocities to light.

If the non-Igbo minorities decide to organise themselves, document eye-witness accounts from survivors, and conduct the same kind of research on what transpired during the war in their communities, just as the Asaba project did, the findings would shock a lot of people. undecided

The BIafran soldiers and leaders have asked your government REPEATEDLY to present them the atrocity Biafra did as well as verifiable proof to back it up just like they did with theirs, let them all hash it out in the table. How come till date, your government have yet to oblige to the request? How come many waited to ojukwu passed on before their memory of biafra stories are being written and published? What stops the FG of the zoo from going to River state and getting those eye-witness accounts of the survivors as well as verifiable proof validating what the eye-witness said like they Biafran military did and present it to the Biafran past leaders as they have asked many times
Like they said those that win the war are usually the ones that write the history. The only difference in this case is biafrans refused to let una twist history upside the head and calling una out head on.

You are so determined not to see the truth, even if it came and hit you right in the face. Oya, continue belly aching. When you are done, take a dive into the nearest river, if my response does not please you.

there is no truth to any of it and the only reason you are desperate to hold onto it as truth and even twist your body and trying to turn an imaginary col ojeh into a reality is because you are desperate to find anything wrong biafran soldiers did. sadly for you, the author of this made the dumbest mistake by quoting individuals know and also stupidly pulling names of out of nowhere and calling it "biafran solider" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: . by shady26(m): 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
It is a well known fact that all bigger nations always wants to subjugate the minority and when you look at the events before the civil war it is evident that the North only succeeded in beating you at your own game by probably making a better deal with the West who was already suspecting Ojukwu to be running with a communist ideology at the height of the Cold War.

If the event had turned out in your favor we would still be speaking the same language of oppression and subjugation though it would have been a little better but the voice of resentment would have been more vocal and I srongly feel that a lot would have happened.
Y'all run with the same mindset but it's too late - you'll either accept us as equal partners with a different distinct people to untie ourselves from what was your fault or go declare your Biafra let's see how that pans out.
You all know the drill , I don't need to remind you .
Do you Know how Empires are formed?if among-st Igbos numbering Millions before the colonization era, not a single one of them woke up one day with the ambition to build an empire to rule over others, not even a village went to war with another for the purpose of subjugation but rather every man ruled his obi; haven't you yet understood that of all his shortcomings, the lust to rule over others has never been the ibo mans weakness? anyway believe what you will, i for one agree with your opinion that Biafra should be an only Ibo affair. No need to negotiate anything with N/Delta; the lessons of blindly supporting GEJ has been learnt,henceforth we will love each other from a distance.

1 Like

Re: . by shady26(m): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
MrPresident1:

I am not discussing religion with you, I am laying historical facts (corroborated by the Bible). Fulani and Yoruba have been at loggerheads since antiquity, you have reading to catch up on. The Yoruba and the Igbo despite the rivalry and sometimes the unease between both of them have never taken up arms one against the other. They are brothers who have lost heritage and the sense of who they both truly are.

Many northern minorities share the same plight with the Yorubas, they have sought to subjugate them for long, by hook or crook. There is no concord between Fulanis and Yorubas, and this is the same with all the other tribes they have successfully used, you either accept to be used or you become an enemy.

In the fullness of time, all will be laid bare and you will understand what I am saying.
i don't know whether what you are saying is true or not, i don't care to know. But what i know is that the day this two foolish tribes(howbeit intelligent)of Yoruba and ibo decide to bury the hatchet,forgive and embrace each other ...Hmm, that is the day retrogressive s will quite burning to rule and then Nigeria can truly progress .
Re: . by laudate: 12:35am On Oct 26, 2015
ikechu1278:
You are so pathetic it's seen out of space. Tufiakwa!!!! Dude you stay on NL 24-7. It doesn't take much to know what type of person you are and you are nothing but a LOSER and I'm highly confident that family does not know you even exist and neither do you know who the heck they are...I'm so confident on that that of I'm wrong, let me be strick down right now and if you are fake as usual, let you stay in that country and suffer to death like you currently doing. Your behavior of saving by claiming "relatives" and "friends of relatives" of people you don't know, never met and will definately never meet is highly pathetic!!!! But Like I said I believe your desperate @ss. Just like each time you are called out, you automatically have family or friends or friends of relatives or so and so each places you're called out on, nigg@ yes you know the Douglas family...the same way you know Barack Obama's family...Mendela family....Idi Amin...Ojukwu's family...GEJ family...Buhari's family and even Jesus christ himself. Infact you were the best friend of Mary and the founder of facebook is your BFF. Tufiakwa!! What a loser.

Eeyah! This matter dey pain you too much! But you can lie, sha. And when you are not lying, you are busy exaggerating stories that you made up out of thin air. Check all my posts on NL. How many people have I claimed to know personally? Were they celebrities or politicians? List their names here. I have never claimed to know Obama's family, Mandela or Buhari's family etc. All that one is a huge figment of your imagination, and it underscores your propensity for exaggeration and falsehood. sad

As for tribes, yes... I have relatives from different tribes. Again, I ask you, why is that so difficult for you to understand? And why do you find it so offensive?? Do you know how many different marriages occur among people from different ethnic groups in Nigeria?? So why does the scenario of having relatives from different parts of Nigeria, become a problem to you? Maka, why?? Na wah for you, o! For some folks, their parents come from the same village, it is their destiny.

For others like us, our parents come from different ends of Nigeria, and so did our grandparents. It is the blessing of God, especially when the offspring of such union also grow up to marry outside their ethnic group. Don't burst a blood vessel on account of this issue o! Free your mind from hate. I am actually beginning to feel sorry for you because of the myopic hatred that has blinded your view! shocked It just confirms that you are the one who is a real loser! And oh yeah, I say a big Amen to your prayers...may you be struck down right now. angry

Listen, in the early days of my career I worked for a newspaper house for several months which also had a few other publications, under its belt. I have since moved on to other things. In the process, I got to meet a lot of people, including one of the Graham-Douglas daughters, as well as their cousin at an event we covered. I built a few friendships during that period. Two of my friends from school also worked for their family in Port-harcourt. So what makes you think that knowing a member of the Graham-Douglas family is an impossibility?? I don't get it o! And where did I ever claim that I knew the entire family?? Did I ever use the word 'entire'? Your hate is making you irrational. And you then claimed that I stay on NL 24x7. How is that possible?? Even if I do, is it your bandwidth that I use to log on to NL?? Chukwu biko!shocked

ikechu1278:

grin grin grin grin What a laughable joke. Nigeria of today library sucks and I'm talking about universities and your illiterate @ss is trying to appraise a country housing that even the hoods in America is better than having a "house library". I've been inside multiple homes in Nigeria and including some of the nicest, richest home and till date, I've yet to meet one with a house library. Even WTF you described is called a BOOK SHELF. Everbody on this planet has one, that does not mean they have a house librarty. Then again, WTF do I expect from someone living in a third, undeveloped nation.
This is a house library (notice how it resemble a common library)

and this is not a house library

Notice the difference...LEARN THE DIFFERENCE. I didnot think for a second I had to teach a grown man the difference between a house library and a book shelf. Tufiakwa!! When I said you're brain dead, you continue proving me accurate.

Again you are digressing and digging yourself deeper into a hole. In Alabo Abiye's article, there was no mention made of a university library, o! And you are also contradicting yourself. You claimed "this is a house library, notice how it resembles a common library."

Are you claiming that Graham-Douglas's library cannot be classified as a library, because it was a house library?? Or because it does not fit your ideology of what a library should be? Which one ?? The dictionary has already defined clearly what a library, is. But because that definition which is accepted worldwide, does not fit into your myopic view, you have decided to split hairs on the definition, by creating your own subjective classification, of what constitutes a library, and what does not. Okay, o. undecided

As for your assertion that you visited many homes of rich people and you could not find a library, I want to ask if you tried to find out from them if they even had one. How many rich homes did you even visit, by the way?? As I told you earlier, libraries are often found in the homes of the intelligentsia. These folks may not necessarily be rich. So this strange attribute of equating wealthy homes with the possession of libraries, cannot hold true 100%. And for the record, the contents of a home, are the reflection of the owner or resident's taste. Some folks like having a library, because they are avid readers. Others do not. From your assertion, it is obvious that you are clueless about a lot of things. So do not use the few homes you have visited, as a yardstick to judge the rest. sad

ikechu1278:
Just like your illiterate @ss made the assumption I wouldn't question an unknown soliders name called if it was done by an igbo man is the same way you making more assumption and yet you wonder why I call you brain dead. You are more stupid than I talk. Oya, bring out more your own made up assumption? What's new?
Infact let's flip, the only reason you desperate to call a shelf a library is because it was done to a non-igbo by biafra is it not?

Your problem is you have the WORST reading comprehension known to men. I maintain the same statement I stated in my earlier post and I've yet to change it. Even broke it down in a microscopic level just so you can grasp it because bundling it up was difficulty for you and despite it all, you still demonstrate difficulty. So pathetic and sad. I'll repeat the exact same question I asked earlier WHO WERE THE SOLIDER PROTECTING THEM AGAINST? Themselves? So in your own myopic head, the soldiers are protecting them from them? grin They say commonsense is not always common to some people. You single handily proved that belief accurate.

Is this dude for real? Please permit me laugh grin grin grin grin Refer back to the top of my top post. While you at it, why would the government burn down the house of people they already have in custody if they wanted to do harm to them? For what reason, that's counter productive.
Let me make this simple in a way someone with your type of mindset can understand
You're pissed off and fuming enough to take anger out on anyone who opposed your view.
The individual your anger is currently directed at is currently in the custody of the government, do you a.) attack the government and soldiers with weapon in hopes of getting to the said person or b.) take your anger out on the property of the individual.
Psychologist would be B..not A for most human beings.

Now let's flip it
Biafra military is pissed off and fuming enough to take anger out on anyone who opposed the view of Biafra. Even made plans to do assassinate the individuals according to the OP of this moon light story
The individuals are already in your custody therefore, you can do any harm to them if you so wish.
Do you A.) attack them that's already in your custody, locked up in a jail away from family members, friends, etc that can help them or b.) attack their property and burn books
Sociologist says the answer would be A, not B.

Use the GEJ and PMB contest period as example. When GEJ went to north and the indigenous attacked him...did they go afer GEJ himself or did they go after his property aka the bus?

I didnot for a sec in my life think I'll be teaching common sense to a Grown man. Tufiakwa!!
Either you have no common sense at all or you've never taken any human services courses in your life or you desperately trying to twist logical sense upside it's head because you severally wish the act was done by Biafran solider or you just flat out dumb. Either way, your mind deserve in the museum..it's not normal in a bad way.

You ask the stupidest question..it is laughable. How do you expect Biafran soliders, whose population weren't high, to isolate and daily watch and protect indigienous that's against biafra? First of all, how do you expect them to differentiate from those for or against Biafra? Dude please for the sake God try and use your common sense..everybody should have one. I don't like teaching people what I feel like they should be able to do so by their damn self by just using their commonsense. I don't like being a teacher..that's not my job nor do I like breaking down to a microscopic level. This is the LAST TIME I am going break something that I personally think you should figure out without anyone simplifying it for you. Use your common sense, it's not hard, all you have to do is THINK. LAST TIME!!!!!! Anyway, you tell me how to you expect the soldiers and biafra leaders to differentiate for and pro biafra where in the eastern everyone was divided including in Igbo land. Who are they more likely to know their opinion on the matter...the political leaders who are more vocal, more known and interact with ojukwu and his leaders or ordinary individuals? Let's once again, use current event as example: If ISIS unite with BH and invade Nigeria right now and they had suicide bombers in every state in that zoo, who are the military very likely to protect and that country first? The indigenous or the leaders? Infact, let's not even make assumptions...during una mile12 whatever, who were the ones sent out of the country when the hostility increased tremendously? The indigenous or the leaders? who are the government of other nations willingly to grant political asylum first during unrest of a nation? The indigenous or the leaders? I can go on and on and on.
All I am going to say is WOW!!!!!!!!! I did not for a second think I have to teach a grown man common sense. WOW

REPEAT after me so it'll get through your head.. THERE IS NO COL OJEH OF DEGEMA. IT IS THE AUTHOR'S FIGMENT OF IMAGINATION.

Is this nigg@ for real? Again WOW. A river state man, an Ijaw precisely, killing other Ijaws and this said man name never spread. An Ijaw eldersman, Issac Boro, spoke of Biafra and again, he never mentioned it and you arguing that he exist..seriously I asked you are you brain dead or something?

grin grin grin grin It's now obvious. See what desperation does to a person. Why wouldn't a degema man know of a degema solider that supposedly killed the kalabari's and co during Biafra? If it truly happened, why would the Kalabari keep their mouth shut about it the entire time .

The BIafran soldiers and leaders have asked your government REPEATEDLY to present them the atrocity Biafra did as well as verifiable proof to back it up just like they did with theirs, let them all hash it out in the table. How come till date, your government have yet to oblige to the request? How come many waited to ojukwu passed on before their memory of biafra stories are being written and published? What stops the FG of the zoo from going to River state and getting those eye-witness accounts of the survivors as well as verifiable proof validating what the eye-witness said like they Biafran military did and present it to the Biafran past leaders as they have asked many times
Like they said those that win the war are usually the ones that write the history. The only difference in this case is biafrans refused to let una twist history upside the head and calling una out head on.

there is no truth to any of it and the only reason you are desperate to hold onto it as truth and even twist your body and trying to turn an imaginary col ojeh into a reality is because you are desperate to find anything wrong biafran soldiers did. sadly for you, the author of this made the dumbest mistake by quoting individuals know and also stupidly pulling names of out of nowhere and calling it "biafran solider" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!! You are frothing at the mouth over this issue of Col. Ojeh. And in order to prop up your weak assertions, you are displaying a lot of aggression. Take it easy, o! All your hypothetical questions simply point to the fact that your shortsighted perspective and warped mind, refuses to believe one Degema colonel who fought under the Biafran army committed atrocities in Rivers State, while wearing the Biafran uniform. What a pity.

The Ijaw people are quite large, o. shocked And their population during the civil war, ran into hundreds of thousands, while today it runs into millions. I am glad to see that you have moved on from the single NL source who you were relying on, for verification (how slow you were, then!) to a different angle. Now, you are claiming that if truly he existed the larger Ijaw population would have heard about him. Well, not necessarily. If his atrocities were localised in one community, and not widespread to cover several Ijaw towns and villages, the other Ijaws and Kalabari may not have heard of him.

And your summations about Graham-Douglas' detention is still making me laugh. You had to reach into the realm of psychology to make your point. It still does not cover up the fact that you lied when you said 'eastern indigenous' folks burnt his property and books, when this assertion was not expressly stated anywhere. So stop running from pillar to post. Why would the eastern indigenous people harbour such animosity against Graham-Douglas? And what caused this animosity to grow, to the point where they had to burn down his houses and books? I asked you this same question previously, and you are yet to provide an answer. sad

Renegade soldiers have been known to carry out acts of intimidation and violence while in uniform. Those who were tagged 'saboteurs' in those days were not attacked by the indigenous community, their punishment was often meted out by the soldiers after the civilians had pointed out, who they felt was a 'saboteur.' So the fact that Graham-Douglas was placed under protective custody by the brother-in-law of Nwanodi, does not mean that some disgruntled elements among the Biafran rank and file, who were unable to openly show their hostility against Graham-Douglas due to the fear of their superiors, could not have done some damage to his properties, using other means. sad However, I will not pass this off as the gospel truth like you have been doing with your own subjective thoughts, because the jury is still out on those who destroyed Graham-Douglas' library. sad

How come none of the eastern indigenous people that you want us to believe launched the attacks against Graham-Douglas' property, were ever arrested and brought to justice in Biafra?? If you know of any, please state them here. Don't get worked up or launch ad hominem attacks - just state the facts.

As for the your query on why the government has been unable to provide verifiable proof of atrocities committed by the Biafran soldiers, don't forget that Gowon's policy of 'No victor, No vanquished' was instituted to do two things: (a) bring the Biafrans back into the Nigerian society without reprisals, (b) prevent any further discussions or reports about the war on the Nigerian side, in order not to let the wounds of the civil war fester, so that people can heal quickly. undecided Even Ogbemudia did the same thing, when he refused to publish the report of the Justice Omo-Eboh Tribunal of Inquiry into Rebel Activities, in the old Mid-West region. undecided

But now, a lot of water has passed under the bridge and people are beginning to talk about what transpired during the war. Afterall, it took Alabi-Isama almost 40 years to publish his own account of the war titled 'The Tragedy of Victory."

Others can still publish their own war experiences tomorrow once they have the chance. Didn't Achebe write "There was a country" which contained his memoirs about the war, over 40 years after the civil war ended? shocked

What I have noticed is that each time the minorities from the East, or non-Igbo from the old Mid-West, attempt to talk about their own war experiences, it gets dismissed out of hand by the pro-Biafra group, or they are derided as being 'unsubstantiated.' It is similar to what you have been doing on this thread. sad

Now if you can read all what has been stated here with an open mind, then it would help to cure the myopia that has blinded you. I am not a fan of long epistles. So, if you must reply kindly keep it short. And oh yes... kindly lose the anger and get rid of the aggression. Next time you are tempted to lash out in a wave of fury, please remember the words of Abraham J. Heschel: "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for truth, and have begun striving for ourselves." Your post is a perfect example in this regard.
Re: . by drberry(m): 1:07am On Oct 26, 2015
patrick89:

Wow! This story be like tales by moonlight! Who and who knew about this? No wonder they hate us so much! But how did he know that his brother was killed in warri, and his meat sold at mile 1 market? This is a tale!! I doubt this.
Bros it's not "warri", it's "warri street" in Port Harcourt. Mile 1 is also in Port Harcourt.
Re: . by laudate: 3:38am On Oct 26, 2015
My wives couldn’t tolerate my other women friends –Graham Douglas | The Sun Newspapers | SEPTEMBER 30, 2013|

By CHRISTY ANYANWU

Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas is a household name in Nigeria. He was the Minister For Youths Sports and Culture and Minister of Aviation during Retired General Ibrahim Babngida’s regime. In 1999, he was also appointed Minister for Labour and Productivity and in 2000, Minister of Tourism in ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo’s cabinet. At his Port Harcourt GRA residence last weekend, Sunday Sun engaged him in an exclusive interview during which he reflected on his early life, lifestyle, family and other issues. Excerpts:

"My elder brother is a doctor and was the first secretary of the Nigerian Medical Council. They were the people who set it up. He was a great surgeon at the Hammersmith University Hospital in London. He organized medical services in Rivers State and was also the brain behind the teaching hospital in Rivers State.

One of my brothers was the federal attorney general during General Yakubu Gowon’s regime. He was first the attorney general to Odumegwu Ojukwu . When Ojukwu launched his rebellion , he opposed it and told him “We should try to keep Nigeria one. On that note he resigned though he was almost killed. When Rivers State was created, Gowon enjoined him to come and set up the Ministry of Justice.

Still another brother was the Chief Judge of the Rivers State . These two brothers were Senior Advocates of Nigeria. Today in my family, there are over 10 doctors and over 38 graduates with the grand children. So it’s a great dynasty." .... Read the rest here:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/my-wives-couldnt-tolerate-my-other-women-friends-graham-douglas/
Re: . by ikechu1278: 2:10am On Oct 27, 2015
laudate:

Eeyah! This matter dey pain you too much! But you can lie, sha. And when you are not lying, you are busy exaggerating stories that you made up out of thin air. Check all my posts on NL. How many people have I claimed to know personally? Were they celebrities or politicians? List their names here. I have never claimed to know Obama's family, Mandela or Buhari's family etc. All that one is a huge figment of your imagination, and it underscores your propensity for exaggeration and falsehood. sad

As for tribes, yes... I have relatives from different tribes. Again, I ask you, why is that so difficult for you to understand? And why do you find it so offensive?? Do you know how many different marriages occur among people from different ethnic groups in Nigeria?? So why does the scenario of having relatives from different parts of Nigeria, become a problem to you? Maka, why?? Na wah for you, o! For some folks, their parents come from the same village, it is their destiny.

For others like us, our parents come from different ends of Nigeria, and so did our grandparents. It is the blessing of God, especially when the offspring of such union also grow up to marry outside their ethnic group. Don't burst a blood vessel on account of this issue o! Free your mind from hate. I am actually beginning to feel sorry for you because of the myopic hatred that has blinded your view! shocked It just confirms that you are the one who is a real loser! And oh yeah, I say a big Amen to your prayers...may you be struck down right now. angry

Listen, in the early days of my career I worked for a newspaper house for several months which also had a few other publications, under its belt. I have since moved on to other things. In the process, I got to meet a lot of people, including one of the Graham-Douglas daughters, as well as their cousin at an event we covered. I built a few friendships during that period. Two of my friends from school also worked for their family in Port-harcourt. So what makes you think that knowing a member of the Graham-Douglas family is an impossibility?? I don't get it o! And where did I ever claim that I knew the entire family?? Did I ever use the word 'entire'? Your hate is making you irrational. And you then claimed that I stay on NL 24x7. How is that possible?? Even if I do, is it your bandwidth that I use to log on to NL?? Chukwu biko!shocked

It's official. You truly are brain dead if you can't differentiate a sarcastic comment from a real one. I'll repeat exactly what I told you cause I had no interest reading a long out moonlight story telling. Yes... You know the Douglas family, just like you know Mendela, Buhari, Barack obama, etc. Nigga you know the entire planet. What a pathetic loser!! Tufiakwa!!!

Again you are digressing and digging yourself deeper into a hole. In Alabo Abiye's article, there was no mention made of a university library, o! And you are also contradicting yourself. You claimed "this is a house library, notice how it resembles a common library."

Are you claiming that Graham-Douglas's library cannot be classified as a library, because it was a house library?? Or because it does not fit your ideology of what a library should be? Which one ?? The dictionary has already defined clearly what a library, is. But because that definition which is accepted worldwide, does not fit into your myopic view, you have decided to split hairs on the definition, by creating your own subjective classification, of what constitutes a library, and what does not. Okay, o. undecided
Even with visual picture and you are still unable to differentiate between a home library and a BOOK SHELF, then nothing on earth can assist you.

As for your assertion that you visited many homes of rich people and you could not find a library, I want to ask if you tried to find out from them if they even had one. How many rich homes did you even visit, by the way?? As I told you earlier, libraries are often found in the homes of the intelligentsia. These folks may not necessarily be rich. So this strange attribute of equating wealthy homes with the possession of libraries, cannot hold true 100%. And for the record, the contents of a home, are the reflection of the owner or resident's taste. Some folks like having a library, because they are avid readers. Others do not. From your assertion, it is obvious that you are clueless about a lot of things. So do not use the few homes you have visited, as a yardstick to judge the rest. sad

I'll repeat EXACTLY what I said before. NIGERIAN HOMES do not have a library FACT!!! And since you asked how many homes I've been in, considering my father has multiple business partners, I've been to more homes than I can count. Hell I've in more than 4 cities in that country therefore, my statement isn't focused on just one state, nor one region but spread out. I'll repeat my earlier statement: Your university library is nothing but a joke yet your @ss is arguing you people have home libraries? Dude take a several seats back

[quote]
Wow!! You are frothing at the mouth over this issue of Col. Ojeh. And in order to prop up your weak assertions, you are displaying a lot of aggression. Take it easy, o! All your hypothetical questions simply point to the fact that your shortsighted perspective and warped mind, refuses to believe one Degema colonel who fought under the Biafran army committed atrocities in Rivers State, while wearing the Biafran uniform. What a pity.
Despite all this, you couldn't answer my question because deep down, despite your shameless attempt to deny commonsense, you know there's nothing justifiable to disprove what's written. I'll bet a million dollars you went looking for a Col Ojeh from any other author and till now, couldn't find one hence you desperate attempt to act like an illiterate without a single ounce of sense. Am I right?

The Ijaw people are quite large, o. shocked And their population during the civil war, ran into hundreds of thousands, while today it runs into millions. I am glad to see that you have moved on from the single NL source who you were relying on, for verification (how slow you were, then!) to a different angle. Now, you are claiming that if truly he existed the larger Ijaw population would have heard about him. Well, not necessarily. If his atrocities were localised in one community, and not widespread to cover several Ijaw towns and villages, the other Ijaws and Kalabari may not have heard of him.
[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTZIy0lwco9-dhV9ngWBlwOrklc2DJ0eflsq5TiC3uP8BlJAW8o-Bx1ac[/img]
Ths is what you get when someone is desperate.
Are you for real? The Igbo has higher community and people than Ijaw yet every Igbo that fought for Nigeria and murdered Igbo are known by the entire Igbo community. Hell Igbo in Ebonyi can give you detail account of which Igbo man that assisted Nigeria commit the atrocity they did in Aniomaland. Yet in your PITIFUL attempt to save face, you claiming that the Ijaw are so far wide that they weren't of one of their own that was busy killing Ijaws. Even so far wide that one of their own who worked alongside the government equally was not aware of this Ijaw mad man. WOW!!!! What a reach. Then again, what do we expect from someone that's desperate. Kudos to you dude. Kudos

And your summations about Graham-Douglas' detention is still making me laugh. You had to reach into the realm of psychology to make your point. It still does not cover up the fact that you lied when you said 'eastern indigenous' folks burnt his property and books, when this assertion was not expressly stated anywhere. So stop running from pillar to post. Why would the eastern indigenous people harbour such animosity against Graham-Douglas? And what caused this animosity to grow, to the point where they had to burn down his houses and books? I asked you this same question previously, and you are yet to provide an answer. sad
grin grin grin grin grin Like I said you truly do have a reading comprehension problem. First no common sense, second unable to read sarcasm and now still unable to read someone already written.
Since I'm tired of breaking things down to microscopic level and your brain still demonstrate difficulty grasping it, as I said I'm not a Teacher and I'm not interested becoming one for some clearly slow therefore, I am just going to keep requoting myself.
Common sense tells going by who was doing the protecting and where they were held at that the answer is B. Judging from Douglas book, he mentioned that both the igbos and minorities were inching for revenge and stemming with anger, once again...that points the anwer to B.
The answer to your question is up there. Written clear as daylight but I'm definitely not surprised you have a hard time understanding it.

Renegade soldiers have been known to carry out acts of intimidation and violence while in uniform. Those who were tagged 'saboteurs' in those days were not attacked by the indigenous community, their punishment was often meted out by the soldiers after the civilians had pointed out, who they felt was a 'saboteur.' So the fact that Graham-Douglas was placed under protective custody by the brother-in-law of Nwanodi, does not mean that some disgruntled elements among the Biafran rank and file, who were unable to openly show their hostility against Graham-Douglas due to the fear of their superiors, could not have done some damage to his properties, using other means. sad However, I will not pass this off as the gospel truth like you have been doing with your own subjective thoughts, because the jury is still out on those who destroyed Graham-Douglas' library. sad
Proof
Oh btw: I'm still waiting on the proof that the Eastern indigenous retaliated against the northerners in their state for the progrom.

How come none of the eastern indigenous people that you want us to believe launched the attacks against Graham-Douglas' property, were ever arrested and brought to justice in Biafra?? If you know of any, please state them here. Don't get worked up or launch ad hominem attacks - just state the facts.
Is this nigg@ for real? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsflash dude: A war was going on, preparation of war was going on. Stop asking stup1d and start using that God given brain lord gave you. I'll repeat what I've told you many times: COMMON SENSE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING. Use it more often

As for the your query on why the government has been unable to provide verifiable proof of atrocities committed by the Biafran soldiers, don't forget that Gowon's policy of 'No victor, No vanquished' was instituted to do two things: (a) bring the Biafrans back into the Nigerian society without reprisals, (b) prevent any further discussions or reports about the war on the Nigerian side, in order not to let the wounds of the civil war fester, so that people can heal quickly. undecided Even Ogbemudia did the same thing, when he refused to publish the report of the Justice Omo-Eboh Tribunal of Inquiry into Rebel Activities, in the old Mid-West region. undecided

But now, a lot of water has passed under the bridge and people are beginning to talk about what transpired during the war. Afterall, it took Alabi-Isama almost 40 years to publish his own account of the war titled 'The Tragedy of Victory."

Others can still publish their own war experiences tomorrow once they have the chance. Didn't Achebe write "There was a country" which contained his memoirs about the war, over 40 years after the civil war ended? shocked

What I have noticed is that each time the minorities from the East, or non-Igbo from the old Mid-West, attempt to talk about their own war experiences, it gets dismissed out of hand by the pro-Biafra group, or they are derided as being 'unsubstantiated.' It is similar to what you have been doing on this thread. sad
The rest of this is just laughable trash. So because of the no victor, no vaniqushed is the reason why your government couldn't provide not one proof to justify what they claim occurred despite their opponent LITERALLY told them it's okay and they want to see it? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I repeat what I told you earlier..You are terrible in lies.

Now if you can read all what has been stated here with an open mind, then it would help to cure the myopia that has blinded you. I am not a fan of long epistles. So, if you must reply kindly keep it short. And oh yes... kindly lose the anger and get rid of the aggression. Next time you are tempted to lash out in a wave of fury, please remember the words of Abraham J. Heschel: "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for truth, and have begun striving for ourselves." Your post is a perfect example in this regard.
Re: . by laudate: 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
ikechu1278:
It's official. You truly are brain dead if you can't differentiate a sarcastic comment from a real one. I'll repeat exactly what I told you cause I had no interest reading a long out moonlight story telling. Yes... You know the Douglas family, just like you know Mendela, Buhari, Barack obama, etc. Nigga you know the entire planet. What a pathetic loser!! Tufiakwa!!!

Even with visual picture and you are still unable to differentiate between a home library and a BOOK SHELF, then nothing on earth can assist you.

Someone once said: “Ad hominem attacks are the refuge of a lazy and illogical mind.” sad So your attacks and disparaging comments, have actually provided an insight into the laziness that exists within your mind. In order to mask your poor logic and laziness, you have decided to dub your comments as ‘sarcasm’. Okay o! If it makes you feel better, you can continue to pretend along that line. For some strange reason, the fact that I know a few members of the Graham-Douglas family upsets you deeply. Eeyah! Try not to choke on your pain. undecided

ikechu1278:
I'll repeat EXACTLY what I said before. NIGERIAN HOMES do not have a library FACT!!! And since you asked how many homes I've been in, considering my father has multiple business partners, I've been to more homes than I can count. Hell I've in more than 4 cities in that country therefore, my statement isn't focused on just one state, nor one region but spread out. I'll repeat my earlier statement: Your university library is nothing but a joke yet your @ss is arguing you people have home libraries? Dude take a several seats back

Hehehehe….I laughed really hard when I got to this part. cheesy You still could not answer my question. How many homes in Nigeria have you visited? Your response of “many homes than I can count,” is nothing but pure conjecture which is not quantifiable. Did you visit 10 or 20 homes? Or probably 50 or 100? Kindly let us know. Lagos alone has 1.2 million homes with over 15 million inhabitants. Abuja too has several hundreds of thousands of homes, just like Port-Harcourt. So, if we can safely assume that maybe 5% of those homes are owned by wealthy folks, one would have to wonder how you were able to conduct all those visits. Well maybe you used telepathic means. undecided

Just for the record, here are a few people that owned librariries in their homes:

Chief Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo former President of Nigeria, has a multi-million naira library called the Presidential Library, in his Hill Top Mansion in Abeokuta, which he set up after he left office;

Chief Fredrick Rotimi Alade Williams, BA, MA, CFR, SAN, regarded as a man of monumental stature, both in physique and in the legal profession, was the first Minister of Justice and Local Government in the old Western Region of Nigeria, and the first Chairman of the University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. His private library contains more volumes that many tertiary institutions.

The late Justice Kayode Eso of the Supreme Court also had a library in his house. Do a Google search to confirm all the info. shocked

ikechu1278:

Despite all this, you couldn't answer my question because deep down, despite your shameless attempt to deny commonsense, you know there's nothing justifiable to disprove what's written. I'll bet a million dollars you went looking for a Col Ojeh from any other author and till now, couldn't find one hence you desperate attempt to act like an illiterate without a single ounce of sense. Am I right?

Wow! You take relish in using derogatory language, sha. It must give you a high, but sadly it shows how uncouth you are. People who continually do so are reported to have deep-seated unresolved psychological issues. So I would advise you to seek help before it is too late.

You used the word ‘illiterate, shameless, lack of common sense etc.’ These insults have merely given everyone an insight into the contents of your mind. Is there something you are trying to hide?? Or is this person related to you and you are trying to cover up his atrocities?? shocked

A Rivers man Alabo Abiye mentioned Col. Ojeh in his article on the civil war. If the man did not exist, why would Alabo Abiye come up to accuse him of atrocities, 45 years after the civil war? And why are you trying to discredit Alabo Abiye’s accounts of this soldier by acting like he did not exist? Biafra was reported to have had over 7,000 soldiers under its military high command. Do you have all the names and identities of each of those soldiers?? Kindly let us know. If such a list exists, and this soldier’s name cannot be found, then you would have a case.

ikechu1278:

Ths is what you get when someone is desperate.
Are you for real? The Igbo has higher community and people than Ijaw yet every Igbo that fought for Nigeria and murdered Igbo are known by the entire Igbo community. Hell Igbo in Ebonyi can give you detail account of which Igbo man that assisted Nigeria commit the atrocity they did in Aniomaland. Yet in your PITIFUL attempt to save face, you claiming that the Ijaw are so far wide that they weren't of one of their own that was busy killing Ijaws. Even so far wide that one of their own who worked alongside the government equally was not aware of this Ijaw mad man. WOW!!!! What a reach. Then again, what do we expect from someone that's desperate. Kudos to you dude. Kudos

There is no desperation anywhere. I have given you an explanation to this, which you chose to discard. Sorry, it is not my job to make you see reason, if you have decided to perpetually close your mind to accepting the truth. The reason why so much is known about the Asaba massacre has been given. Apart from that, the nature of the atrocities committed in Asaba against the Anioma, was different from the atrocities committed against the eastern minorities as outlined by Alabo Abiye.

Those minorities have not coordinated themselves to embark on a project to bring to light, all those who wreaked havoc on their people during the war, just like the Anioma were able to do which culminated in the documentation on the Asaba Massacre which was placed before the Truth and Reconciliation Commission in 2001, which was more than 30 years after the war. When the Eastern minorities are able to do so, the facts would be made plain for all to see. undecided

ikechu1278:

Like I said you truly do have a reading comprehension problem. First no common sense, second unable to read sarcasm and now still unable to read someone already written.
Since I'm tired of breaking things down to microscopic level and your brain still demonstrate difficulty grasping it, as I said I'm not a Teacher and I'm not interested becoming one for some clearly slow therefore, I am just going to keep requoting myself.

Common sense tells going by who was doing the protecting and where they were held at that the answer is B. Judging from Douglas book, he mentioned that both the igbos and minorities were inching for revenge and stemming with anger, once again...that points the anwer to B.

Again, my earlier response to you still stands. Kindly go back and read it, with an open mind. You have tried to potray your own claims as being superior to others, yet when confronted with your failings, you resort to verbal attacks of the worst kind.

Your propensity for insults and slurs shows that you have unresolved psychological issues. Seek help. You claim that the Igbos and minorities wanted revenge and were steaming with anger….against who?? Anger against who and revenge for what?? Kindly let us know, as your response is incomplete and does not contain a direct link to the causes of their anger.

ikechu1278:

Is this nigg@ for real? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsflash dude: A war was going on, preparation of war was going on. Stop asking stup1d and start using that God given brain lord gave you. I'll repeat what I've told you many times: COMMON SENSE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING. Use it more often

You are joking right??! shocked Because your statement implies a breakdown in law and order within Biafra if the police could not arrest the arsonists, and bring them to book! It is on record in most books about the war, that people were being arrested on a regular basis and thrown into detention, especially those branded as saboteurs. So, if the so-called saboteurs could be arrested and detained, what stopped them from arresting the arsonists, especially since in your view they were eastern indigenous people?? Don't replace one lie with another lie.

So you would like us to believe that because a war was going on, the police in Biafra were incapable of fishing out offenders and making them account for their crimes, but they had enough time to round up so-called saboteurs! Brilliant analysis! cheesy

Nah, in this case it is your own lack of common sense that is glaring. No matter the amount of insults you recycle on this thread, it will not cover-up the truth. It is obvious that your inability to provide answers to this simple question is causing you to hyperventilate and lash out in fury. Eeyah, sorry o! sad

ikechu1278:

The rest of this is just laughable trash. So because of the no victor, no vaniqushed is the reason why your government couldn't provide not one proof to justify what they claim occurred despite their opponent LITERALLY told them it's okay and they want to see it?
I repeat what I told you earlier..You are terrible in lies. .

Again, you have not said anything new other than to take refuge in the petty insults and disparaging comments that have become your trademark. It shows how you have been schooled. sad

Even Achebe as pointed out earlier, did not write his memoirs until more than 40 years after the civil war, in order to document his account of what transpired during the war. Sam Enadeghe Umweni who wrote 88 Days in Biafra, also took 37 years, before he could share his story with the public. Don't forget that the Gowon administration banned all references to the war and discussions concerning it under the 'No Victor, No Vanquished' policy. He also had the power to incarcerate anyone who breached that law. So the Biafran side that was calling people to come out openly to discuss their war experience, did not have power to protect or shield anyone who breached that rule promulgated by Gowon. So many folks including the Eastern minorities kept quiet.

People (especially eastern minorities) went through a lot of traumatic experiences during the war, and for some their minds would never truly heal, even though the physical scars are long gone. sad

Some folks start talking after they have recovered emotionally, to confront their traducers. This recovery process could take days or even months, or years. Others keep their pain buried for life, because talking about it would renew the pain and trauma that has held them hostage.

So don’t worry, the Eastern minorities who suffered atrocities in the hands of the Biafran soldiers, as well as the federal forces, would one day write their own account when their healing process is complete. undecided
Re: . by bashirolu: 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
xtrorse:

Frustrated Yorrobber clown, have you seen that you have been speaking with your anus all this years.
And what you thought was your anus is actually your mouth!

Disgusting being!
!

Asshole thief, clear out! Onyori

1 Like

Re: . by anigbogukelvin(m): 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
patrick89:
I swear if this is the opinion of many minority in rivers then, they should be allowed to stay back to nigeria I don't want trouble please!
He said there men were used as slaves? That's pure lie! How many years is he talking about here three years?
Rivers was under biafra territory, all the bridges eg river niger and other several rivers in anambra state were all burnt! Most buildings were destroyed in enugu by biafra soldiers to target enemies! So what this guy is writing is seditious!

The killing of his brother and selling of the meat at mile 1 market in PH is a pure lie!
The same mile 1 that's in your territory? Why not in ariria Aba?
I don't want to engage in this kind of thing but most of his followers agreed to this distortion of history! It's a good thing that the minority in the so called ss are Piling hatered on igbo even when they have igboid group among them. But I will like to know the opinion of the igboid group.

I don't want to believe these people have this kind of grudges against us, and have never expressed it. It is evil! Well we igbos don't pretend we bare it out! We tell you what we have in mind, Portharcout aka Igweocha fell to nigeria army very early!

I Like this guy....
Re: . by mustafo: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
xtrorse:

mustafo, a diseased scallywag from a whorish generation of ritualists.

Diseased cannibalistic nyamiri muck!
Re: . by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
bashirolu:
!

Asshole thief, clear out! Onyori

Bunch of demented, greedy treasury looters!
Re: . by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
mustafo:

Diseased cannibalistic nyamiri muck!

Gworo chewing, leprosy-infested vampire and cold-hearted murderer!
Re: . by mustafo: 11:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
xtrorse:

Gworo chewing, leprosy-infested vampire and cold-hearted murderer!

How is your degenerative armed robber father, onyori?
Re: . by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
mustafo:
How is your degenerative armed robber father, onyori?

Leprosy infested vampire, by your silly disposition your grandfather is most likely your biological father.

And as a notorious incestuous rapist you must be looking for someone to behead for your blood thirsting, ocultic Islamic god...

Barawo!
Re: . by NaijirianKing: 4:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: . by Bond111: 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2020
naijaking1:

While PH was Igwe Ocha, Bonny was called Igwe Nga, Opobo has never been an Igboland

Igwe Ocha

Another lie

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari / Gov. Candidate Begs Girl Who Refused To Stop Fasting After His Election Loss.PIC / Gumi: I Feel Pity For The Next President, We Could Face A Greater Insurgency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 248
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.