Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

You Must Go To Church! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Must Go To Church! (962 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Must Go To Church! by Gombs(m): 10:58am On Oct 22, 2015

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which IS THE CHURCH OF THE LIVING GOD, THE PILLAR AND GROUND OF THE TRUTH (1 Timothy 3:15).

You may ask some people, “Do you believe in Jesus Christ?” and they’ll say, “Yes”; but surprisingly, they don’t go to church! Of course, they’ve got a lot of excuses. Some would say they just don’t believe in any church, while some others say there’re different kinds of churches and so, they don’t want to get confused. There’re also those who stopped going to church because they were offended. However, there can be no excuse good enough to justify not going to church.

Fellowshipping with other believers is a crucial part of your walk with the Lord. It must be a priority. Our opening verse says, "…the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth." It’s letting you know the ministry of the Holy Spirit that takes place in the church. Your being in church makes it possible for the Holy Spirit to bring knowledge, understanding, and sound judgment to your life.
I feel sorry for anyone who thinks going to church isn’t important.

David said, “Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word” (Psalm 119:67). For many Christians, before they were afflicted in their jobs, their health, and other areas of their lives, they went astray from the church. And they don’t get to correct their mistakes; they haven’t realized the problem. In the latter part of the verse, David said, “…but now have I kept thy word.” He corrected himself. The Holy Spirit is the Lord of the Church; in Him you’re separated from affliction.

Jesus said, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32). If you don’t go to church, how are you going to learn the Word of God, the truth? If you understand this, you’d be ready to quit any job that prevents you from going to church. The church is the ground and pillar of truth; never forget it!

1 Like

Re: You Must Go To Church! by Atigba: 1:44pm On Oct 22, 2015
At op

You are entitled to your own opinion grin
Re: You Must Go To Church! by Gombs(m): 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
Atigba:
At op

You are entitled to your own opinion grin

Go to church cool

1 Like

Re: You Must Go To Church! by raayah(f): 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
What about the Christians in Arabic countries who have no church to attend? Or slaves and prisoners.
Your post reeks of privilege.

Thank God your Bible has explained it, you are not saved by your works but by the grace of God.
Even if you go to church 10 times a week, its not getting you to heaven.

2 Likes

Re: You Must Go To Church! by Gombs(m): 5:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
raayah:
What about the Christians in Arabic countries who have no church to attend?

Any gathering of two or more Christians ...is a church. God's in their midst.

The church is not necessarily a building.. Bible said we should not forsake the gathering of brethren.

Or slaves and prisoners.

See the above..

Your opinion ma'am.

Thank God your Bible has explained it, you are not saved by your works but by the grace of God.

Same Bible says we should not forget the gathering of ourselves, as some are in the manner of... From the OP, first paragraph, which category do you fall in?

I never said church going gets one to heaven... Did I? undecided

Fellowshipping with other believers is a crucial part of our walk with the Lord. It must be a priority.

The church, is the ground and Pillar of truth... And I just told you it doesn't necessarily mean a building.

2 Likes

Re: You Must Go To Church! by malvisguy212: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2015
raayah:
What about the Christians in Arabic countries who have no church to attend? Or slaves and prisoners.

are you a christian ? You are misinterpreting the bible .

2 Likes

Re: You Must Go To Church! by raayah(f): 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
Gombs:

Any gathering of two or more Christians ...is a church. God's in their midst.

The church is not necessarily a building.. Bible said we should not forsake the gathering of brethren.

See the above..

Your opinion ma'am.

Same Bible says we should not forget the gathering of ourselves, as some are in the manner of... From the OP, first paragraph, which category do you fall in?

I never said church going gets one to heaven... Did I? undecided

Fellowshipping with other believers is a crucial part of our walk with the Lord. It must be a priority.

The church, is the ground and Pillar of truth... And I just told you it doesn't necessarily mean a building.

What if you don't have other people to worship with.?
Re: You Must Go To Church! by Gombs(m): 5:18am On Oct 23, 2015
raayah:

What if you don't have other people to worship with.?

That's not possible... Even in North Korea grin

...in case it is, you then start a church there,win others to Christ.
Re: You Must Go To Church! by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 23, 2015
Gombs:

That's not possible... Even in North Korea grin

...in case it is, you then start a church there,win others to Christ.
undecided
Re: You Must Go To Church! by Gombs(m): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

undecided

Even the devil can't stand the smallest gathering of saints.

(1) (Reply)

2015 Rccg Holy Ghost Congress / Sarah's Mistake On Abraham / Debunking The Religious Lie About Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.